In this Discussion

2.18.05, Madison Show

edited November -1 in OK Go
Flanati-pu!

Comments

• mmmm. i was waiting for this thread. it's been too long.
  • I have video of the dance routine...... must upload sometime soon
  • a pretty equal mix of new songs and old, and the new songs sounded so awesome. Can't wait till July.
  • QUOTE (great grey beast @ Feb 19 2005, 03:29 AM)
    a pretty equal mix of new songs and old, and the new songs sounded so awesome.  Can't wait till July.

How did Rusty do?
  • Any covers or old unreleased songs?
  • Hey... newbie here. Just attended my first OkGo show last night in Madison, and it was AWESOME. Anyways, just wondering if there's anybody out there with pictures of last night's show, and if so, if they'd be willing to share with me? smile.gif Thanks

~Michele
  • I have pictures. I'm just going to put them on my livejournal in a public entry and then link to it, is that cool? I can post favorites here if that's required...

shag, are you Laura? This is Emily..

edit:
    http://www.livejournal.com/users/lazyconfessions/240338.html

28 pictures. First 5 are of Fisticuffs UK. I liked them a lot.
  • QUOTE (e minor @ Feb 20 2005, 01:51 PM)
    I have pictures. I'm just going to put them on my livejournal in a public entry and then link to it, is that cool? I can post favorites here if that's required...

shag, are you Laura? This is Emily..

edit:
    http://www.livejournal.com/users/lazyconfessions/240338.html

28 pictures. First 5 are of Fisticuffs UK. I liked them a lot.

Oh man, thank you so much. haha I think I was standing right behind you. Awesome, you rock smile.gif
  • Thanks! And Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Rusty was fabulous. He's rad. And the girls were flocking to him. [including myself]
  • mmm those are gooood pics.
  • I was at the show and it was amazing! Personally I was not a huge fan of the opening band (good music but not good vocals maybe they will be good with some work on that) OK Go was worth the wait tho! (two years ago I took a train ride in scotland to see them and it ended up being the next day) I've been waiting since to see them and any sort of "expectations" I had were far surpassed...amusing and great music...can't wait for the new CD! new songs sounded awesome oh and andy did a great job! if I didn't know better I would have never guessed he was new to the band!
  • Thanks for sharing such great photos! This may sound like a petty question, but what speed of film did you use? Or rather, was it done with a digital?
    Later-
    Me.
  • A message from Rusty, 2.18.05

Rock lovers,

OK Go's first show of the 2005 season was quite a success.  And by
    "success" I mean Damian's rockstar pants busted open at the seams
    (literally almost ripping entirely in half), revealing the pure essence
    of rock and roll.

We're in the preliminary stages of drafting a new band resolution: Fans
    are not allowed to use OK Go members or crew as strippers poles.  I was
    attacked in an incident that went from funny to uncomfortable to
    terrifying in matter of seconds.  You had to be there.

I'm still working on my solo for the dance routine and I need ideas. 
    If you're at a show and have some hot moves please show me.  Tim's been
    trying to help me out, but his shit is so fresh that I just can't keep
    up.

Thanks to those who came out the Annex!  I had a wonderful time in my
    de-flowering OK Go experience.

Love,
    Rusty
  • QUOTE (ConversationFear @ Feb 20 2005, 11:05 PM)
    Thanks for sharing such great photos! This may sound like a petty question, but what speed of film did you use? Or rather, was it done with a digital?
    Later-
    Me.

Hey, I know nothing about photography but I use a little Canon Powershot A300. It works okay but I want a new camera. I totally acknowledge these pictures could have been made a lot better with, you know, a camera that doesn't suck at zooming in. Though that shot of Rusty's face... hoo boy.

And I focused up a few pictures with Microsoft Picture It! Photo. I think I use everything camera-y that sucks. sad.gif
  • QUOTE (e minor @ Feb 21 2005, 07:01 PM)
    Hey, I know nothing about photography but I use a little Canon Powershot A300. It works okay but I want a new camera. I totally acknowledge these pictures could have been made a lot better with, you know, a camera that doesn't suck at zooming in. Though that shot of Rusty's face... hoo boy.

And I focused up a few pictures with Microsoft Picture It! Photo. I think I use everything camera-y that sucks. sad.gif

No I know what you mean. "Camera speak" sounds like a mishmash of jargon at times. I just thought I would ask, because normally when I take photos of bands its done with 400 speed film, but this time I bought 800 to see how it would do. Thanks anyway...oh and btw, I use PictureIt! from time to time too. wink.gif
    Later
    ME