In this Discussion

LA show at spaceland

edited November -1 in OK Go
i was SO excited about okgo finally coming to town again, until i was told that it is a 21+ show. can anyone confirm this? who's going?

Comments

• yes it is 21+. i was mad ablout this also, until I heard they were playing in santa ana
  • meh. not only is the LA show 21+, but the SF show is 18+

there are plenty of other venues that are all ages they could have played. i really start to lose respect for bands who intentionally don't play all ages shows. i don't know if it was intentional or not, but i'm really bummed.
  • QUOTE (zenitram @ Feb 15 2005, 02:05 AM)
    meh.  not only is the LA show 21+, but the SF show is 18+

there are plenty of other venues that are all ages they could have played.  i really start to lose respect for bands who intentionally don't play all ages shows.  i don't know if it was intentional or not, but i'm really bummed.

Just so everybody knows:

OK Go makes it a personal policy to try to only play all ages shows. Absolutely all of us started loving music before we were even remotely close to 18. If there's a show that's not all ages--and on this tour there are quite a few--know that the band's hands were absolutely tied. Part of it has to do with the fact that they're just going back on tour for the first time in a while and playing smaller venues while working out new songs. Once OK Go wins their Best Album, Best Record, Best Dance Record, Best Jazz-Instrumental, Best Spoken Word Album, and Best Latin Album Grammys, you can rest assured that they'll be playing shows that are all ages, 21+, and -21. As long as those Grammys aren't awarded posthumously, of course. Then we're all screwed.
  • QUOTE (Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore @ Whom I Adore,Feb 15 2005, 07:51 AM)
    As long as those Grammys aren't awarded posthumously, of course.  Then we're all screwed.

not screwed, as by the time ok go goes "posthumously" they will have figured out how to preserve heads futurama style...
  • Go to the Santa Ana show
  • i'm going to the spaceland show... but i'm only 18. i have a fake id and they aren't that strict at spaceland. just borrow someone's id that kinda maybe sorta looks like you and you'll be fine.

i just went to spaceland last night to see robbers and the guy barely even looked at my id.

so what california people are going to what shows? i'm gonna try to goto the galaxy theatre one, spaceland, and cafe du nord... i can't goto the casbah cause i have class that night :/

i edited this because i forgot to tell everyone who i am, i'm laura, i used to be "okgogetgetoverit" on the old board. hope to see some of the old boardies at the shows
  • QUOTE (lllovecat @ Feb 25 2005, 03:35 AM)
    i'm going to the spaceland show... but i'm only 18. i have a fake id and they aren't that strict at spaceland. just borrow someone's id that kinda maybe sorta looks like you and you'll be fine.

i just went to spaceland last night to see robbers and the guy barely even looked at my id.

so what california people are going to what shows? i'm gonna try to goto the galaxy theatre one, spaceland, and cafe du nord... i can't goto the casbah cause i have class that night :/

i edited this because i forgot to tell everyone who i am, i'm laura, i used to be "okgogetgetoverit" on the old board. hope to see some of the old boardies at the shows

Just a guess, but isn't it kinda a bad idea to be announcing pubically that you have a fake ID which you intened to use on a specific date?