In this Discussion

2.19.05 Chicago Show. Open End Gallery

edited November -1 in OK Go
Ghoshapsha!

Comments

• It was awesome. The new songs ruled. The old ones ruled. The dance ruled. The new Andy ruled, even though i miss Mr. Duncan, the new guy did good. Plus he is super cute.
  • I agree 100%. The new songs were EXCELLENT. More of a rock edge. The encore was the best tongue.gif with the couple making out on stage a close 2nd.

And what a great venue as far as size and location goes. I friggin parked right in front of the building! Woo hoo for abandoned streets.

Does anyone else want a parachute now?!?!?

The only thing that really sucked was the crowd's enthusiasm. Ive seen more rockin crowds at operas.
  • Just got home (two hours with heavy snow--yee-ha!). I was the two-toned girl by the speaker laughing at her friends who were clearly having a bad time. Ditto to the lack of enthusiasm, but then I guess I brought some of it. I've gotta say, I've seen bands like the Strokes who were pitch-perfect drinking and sitting on the floor, but OKGo has awesome chemistry and charisma and after the dance even my party pooper pals bought merch. And I can't decide if I'd rather have a parachute in my livingroom or a peephole the size of a cup holder in my bathroom. laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (CrssEyedNSmilin @ Feb 20 2005, 12:18 AM)
    I agree 100%.  The new songs were EXCELLENT.  More of a rock edge.  The encore was the best tongue.gif  with the couple making out on stage a close 2nd. 

Show was amazing.
    That location was lovely. I loved being right up front, welcoming the guys back, telling them it's been too long, and after telling Damian he looked so handsome, he told me I looked darling myself. So cute. /teenymoment

The 'new' Andy was definitely rocking, extremely huge shoes to fill but I think he's stuffing them. Plus, he's definitely eye candy. Oh and that opening band, I loved them. Did anyone else think the lead singer looks a lot like Damian?

I saw Mr. Duncan there as well, got a picture, a hug and they all signed my back (around my tattoo).

I LOVE the new songs.
    I can't wait for the show tomorrow.

Lots of pictures to come.
    I'm hungry and tired.
  • QUOTE (atypicaltiffany @ Feb 20 2005, 02:07 AM)
    Just got home (two hours with heavy snow--yee-ha!).  I was the girl by the speaker laughing at her friends who were clearly having a bad time. 

I just got home too.
    I think we may have been next to each other.
  • I thought he made the cute comment to someone more toward the middle, so you probably weren't next to me. Kudos to you btw. wink.gif I would've loved to stay to get some pics, but my friends really weren't digging it. C'est la vie, I had a wicked time.
  • A few pictures smile.gif

and my back.

the boy you don't know is the awesome new andy. <3

I have a short video too.
    but I can't find anywhere to upload it.

oh and damian split his pants from crotch to knee.
  • the new andy seems raddd. im digging the gold guitar

and i think i am in love with damian's jacket. seriously. it's hot. and i dont even like pink!
  • QUOTE (RejectedSponge @ Feb 20 2005, 03:03 AM)
    the new andy seems raddd. im digging the gold guitar

and i think i am in love with damian's jacket. seriously. it's hot. and i dont even like pink!

i was talking to him after the show and he's like 'I have some huge shoes to fill, but I'm trying.'

they all looked so handsome, oh and damian's jacket was red.. haha
  • QUOTE (melanie @ Feb 20 2005, 08:06 AM)
    i was talking to him after the show and he's like 'I have some huge shoes to fill, but I'm trying.'

they all looked so handsome, oh and damian's jacket was red.. haha

haha i think he'll do fine! if the boys think he's okay, then he'll be fine.

hhah well red is so much better! if you get to talk to damian tonight, tell him to wear it for the tucson show.
  • lol his name is andy

i dunno...just getting freaked out that he is the 'new' andy

and our andy is the 'old' andy

its weird. mellow.gif what if i never see andy again?! sad.gif
  • QUOTE (sara with no h @ Feb 20 2005, 09:45 AM)
    lol his name is andy

i dunno...just getting freaked out that he is the 'new' andy

and our andy is the 'old' andy

its weird.  mellow.gif what if i never see andy again?!  sad.gif

sara, let's go find him! it'll be an ADVENTURE
  • WHAT?
    there was an OK go show in chicago and I missed it??!
    <---is out of the loop
    <---hasn't had time to check the boards in, like, a month.
    <---hasn't had time to do anything in, like, a month.

Oh well....there's always next time, I guess.
  • I want to go on the quest to find Andy!! lol.
  • oh my goodness!
    great pictures.
    i'm excited. biggrin.gif
  • I greatly enjoyed the show. I wish I didn't feel so sick all night I would have been more into it. I agree with the crowd seeming rather lackadaisical. I also did not get to stick around to visit with the boys. It made me so sad. The opening band was indeed very good. The venue location was very interesting, in a good way (except the creepy hole in the bathroom as previously mentioned). smile.gif
  • show was GREAT! never been to the open end gallery but ended up loving it. new songs rocked...was a little disappointed i didnt hear what to do or 1000 miles, but i think the dance at the end made up for it. and melanie...i think i was standin right behind you kinda...bc i remember the tattoo...and i saw you taking pictures and thought, "what a smart gal, remembering to bring a camera and all. and i have none, and have no pictures now." but now i DO!! thank you!
  • a few more:

• Melanie, I was the one right next to you, I think.

I definitely agree with everything that everyone has previously said.

My favorite part would have to be during the dance number (Cinnamon Lips) where Damian jumped out onto the speaker.. I thought he was going to fall, and I grabbed onto it. I thought I was going to get killed! I have to get my pictures developed, but I may post some here in the future.
  • QUOTE (sweetpea0431 @ Feb 20 2005, 04:17 PM)
    Melanie, I was the one right next to you, I think.

I definitely agree with everything that everyone has previously said.

My favorite part would have to be during the dance number (Cinnamon Lips) where Damian jumped out onto the speaker.. I thought he was going to fall, and I grabbed onto it. I thought I was going to get killed! I have to get my pictures developed, but I may post some here in the future.

Haha, I loved when he did that. I was like woah man.
    I thought he was going to fall too.