3.02.05 Santa Ana Show

edited November -1 in OK Go
Sloopy Coobles!

That being said, please listen to these Very Important Messages:

Real Audio Message #1
Windows Media Message #1

Real Audio Message #2!
Windows Media Message #2

Why two? Because Tim's forgetful, that's why.

Comments

• i haven't even left my house to goto this show yet and there's already a review post up. well i predict it's gonna be a great show, anyone on here going?
  • sure he gives the california people easy ones.
    i couldve easily written love notes and made pictures of Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore.
  • i went to the show and for some reason i assumed it was a 21+ show. i went to hand the bouncer my (fake) id and he said he was keeping it because it's fake. i've used this id everywhere, and for some reason he was the only one to say it's fake. so i begged him and begged him to give it back, but he said NO, so i just went on to watch the show.

the first band i made it to see - the polysics, were interesting, pretty crazy... a whole different crowd than for ok go, but they gave me a little bit of a headache

ok go was great. they played a lot of new stuff. i noticed they changed the words to a lot of songs. like that new one that used to be "let's get it started" but now it has way different words. and also for "crash the party" they used to say "let's dance on the things that they're proud of, let's burn holes in their carpets...cause that's what we call love" or something like that, but now they say like one of the lines from that and something about doing that "all night long" but i thought all the changes were good changes.

my favorite new song is still "oh no" i can't get over it. i love when they say "who's house are you haunting... tonight" then at the end they did their dance and that was great, the crowd was all excited it was cute. damian's pants didn't bust or anything (atleast to my knowledge) but he was wearing these really tight red pants, so i'm surprised they didn't

also... at the last minute i wrote andy a love letter and i made a picture of Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore for all of ok go, but i only got a chance to give tim his picture... i was too busy trying to get my damn id back, and i didn't get it back sad.gif

so i know this is long, i love you if you read the whole thing
  • haha oh man. i wish the polysics opened for ok go here, they i wouldn't minded an opening band. but our opening band sucked.
    i love oh no too! i got a sorta-clip of it. it's sooooc ute! gah. all the new songs. so so so wonderful.
    i really dont think damian washes those pants.
  • When I saw polysics were opening, I was really confused, because that seems like such a strange lineup to me, but incredibly awesome, at the same time.
    Jealous, so jealous.
  • Great concert biggrin.gif
  • Damn! I didn't listen to the message until now... I totally could've written a love note and drawn a picture... oh well. tongue.gif

It was beautiful. I LOVE the new songs. biggrin.gif And I'm going tomorrow, too... except write and record a song?! That's a tough one, oh boy.
  • So wednesday was a horrible day for me.... well most of it was.
    anyway, I wasn an hour late... YAY gome....I should have stopped at taco loco but i didn't and i was pretty hungry too.
    Any way. I got there just as the first band got off and the polysics where setting up.... When they were on stage i was cracking so many jokes to my friend about them.... I'm evil. Anyway, because my day was going so badly and the crowd that the polysics had i had this weird notion that OKGO already played, Since i only listened to there CD and never really cared or knew what they looked like and not really seeing the first band... SO yeah i started getting all pissy.....
    And my friend was complaining about her pants and shoes... (which she wanted to wear so she shouldn't complain about it but i let it go) and i was on the verge of crying, cause i asked for wednesday off from my work.... and had been looking forward to seeing okgoplay... So some of you might understand.
    Ok after the polysics got off... And thinking it was already super late.... I figured it was over... But then suddenly my techie insincts kicked in... that part is hard to explain... gotta be one to think like one and damn it i tend to think like one.

So, Me and my friend (steph) who kept freaking me out because with her shoes on was the same (or almost same) height as me. Went and smoked a cigarette, went to the bathroom and all that fun and dandy stuff.

I should mention, (remember this coming from a girl who never really knew what OKGO looked like...) (pictures just don't do them justice) saw and my friend agrees with me, "A really hot tall dark haired guy" in the back while polysics were on.... I stared at them the entire time polysics where on unless i was cracking a joke. He kept me from being really pissed and from crying.... YAY.....

Ok anyway... Yes yes yes, The show kicked ass, The crowd sucks, and i think i may have ruined damiens joke... ooppps oh well it was obvious. To be honest i think only me and my friend found it absolutley hilarious.... (i have a feeling i have spelling errors throughout this) So anyway. I knew every other song.... and "the fix is in" is by far one damn sexy song... Especially live.
    I need to learn more about them... damn i feel so in the dark...
    But after months of playing their Cd at my work (taco loco) and after months of wanting to see them so badly I finally did and well i loved it and i loved damiens red pants too and my friend got super super super pissed after the show cause she noticed one of the band members walking away with a girl in his arms.... this guy hse liked a lot and wanted to take full advantage of him.... Yay for her.

I personally started getting freaked out... Why you ask? well Damian (in real life) resembles my ex, whose name is kevin..... Makes Damian that much more sexy.

I have a head cold now, or allergies and if i could in anyway see them again i most definitley will.... I'd miss the aquabats for them.... And if you know me that says a lot....

Maybe one day they'll get baked fresh goodies like cakes and brownies... in honor of their awesomness......

Ok i think thats everything....

Oh yes that dance at the end was exciting, and fun and so damn peppy i don't think it could have been any cuter......
  • it was really fun
  • it was probably the best concert ive ever been to
  • the killers were also really good, so okgo and the killers were the best concerts that i have been to
  • sorry im bored
  • Wow, fun with smilys? Does that really make you not bored anymore? tongue.gif