In this Discussion

Question about the austin show

edited November -1 in OK Go
for my music appreciation class i have to review a concert, and of course i picked the okgo show in austin. what i wanted to know what song damian and tim sang from what musical or play?
also it would be great if anyone has or remembered the setlist cause it would be helpful to my paper, i mean i remember most of the songs but not the order they were played. so any people who went to the austin show, it would be totally rad of you to help me out on this, pretty please!

haha i know, it been a week since they played and i'm asking this question now, but i've been so behind in school and i just finished 3 papers today and damn to i feel so tried.

well off to take a nap and thanks again in advance.

Denise

Comments

• the song was from les miserables (a great musical and story, btw).
    it's called the confrontation.
    tim was jean valjean (a criminal, but good man). damian was javert (the police official who's hunted him for years).

as far as the set list goes... man, i can't remember! i only recall that it was good. laugh.gif
  • Thank you so much. i have to start writting my review on them this weekend. its the only paper i'm actually looking forward to writting about. yep i do have to agree w/ yah about the setlist it was all kick ass songs. lol

thanks again!
  • QUOTE (vinyl_days @ Mar 4 2005, 11:57 AM)
    for my music appreciation class i have to review a concert, and of course i picked the okgo show in austin.  what i wanted to know what song damian and tim sang from what musical or play? 
    also it would be great if anyone has or remembered the setlist cause it would be helpful to my paper, i mean i remember most of the songs but not the order they were played.  so any people who went to the austin show, it would be totally rad of you to help me out on this, pretty please!

haha i know, it been a week since they played and i'm asking this question now, but i've been so behind in school and i just finished 3 papers today and damn to i feel so tried.

well off to take a nap and thanks again in advance.

Denise

I was able to grab a setlist that night, so here goes:

Bye Bye Baby
    Good Idea
    There's a Fire
    No Signs of Life
    Don't Ask Me
    Let it Rain
    Here it...
    Get Over It
    Crash a Party
    Television
    The Fix Is In
    Oh No
    Invincible
    You're So Damn Hot
    Do What You Want

Good luck on your paper
  • wow you are soo totally rad!
    thanks soo much! i really appreciate it! i'll probably start writing the paper after i get out of work tommorrow. thanks again to both of you guys!

*Denise
  • I seem to remember really liking "Let It Rain," though I had forgotten the song until I saw the name just now.
  • i remember television, cause of what damian said. lol darn spies are soo sneaky and they know everything!

oh i soo fell in love w/oh no.
  • YES i fell in love with oh no also! I love love love that song.
    I clearly remember what every song sounded like, except Good Idea. Not sure if they played it here. But i def. remember the rest.
  • it was such a great show! i really enjoyed it was soo worth walking in the rain all over downtown austin during the day trying to find stubbs for the tickets. i'm not from austin and my friend who lives in austin, didn't know where stubbs was exactly. man this was my first okgo show and after this i swear i am never ever going to miss another texas one.