In this Discussion

OK Go Newsletter - 3/18/5

edited November -1 in OK Go
It's a beautiful July afternoon here at OK Go headquarters. As some of you may know, these emails are written eight to ten months before publication, an understandable delay given that it takes an army of 150 skilled craftsmen, all elderly and all working around the clock, to hand paint each individual email to our exacting specifications before it is hand delivered to your inbox by new guitarist/whipping boy Andy Ross.

Why go to all this trouble? Why not be like other bands, with their type-type-type and send-send-send? Because other bands don't care, that's why. OK Go does. We do it for the music. And we do it for the you.

No More Tears. Lots More Tour.

The OK Go tour continues. We've added dates in Canada, Florida, Atlanta. The band is also making another visit to Texas, because Dan left his wallet in El Segundo, and Texas is on the way.

3/18/05 Ann Arbor, MI — Blind Pig — $10, 18+
3/19/05 Toledo, OH — Underground— $10, All Ages
3/20/05 Napoleon, OH — Legion Hall— $10, All Ages
3/21/05 Cleveland, OH — Grog Shop— $10, All Ages
3/23/05 Pittsburgh, PA — Modern Formations— $8, All Ages
3/25/05 Philadelphia, PA — North Star Bar — $10, 21+
3/26/05 Northampton, MA — Pearl Street — $10, All Ages
3/29/05 Burlington, VT — Higher Ground — $10, All Ages
3/30/05 Portland, ME — The Space — $10, 18+
3/31/05 Boston, MA — TT Bears — $10, 18+
4/05/05 Toronto, Canada — El Mocambo Club — $12.50, 19+
4/06/05 Montreal, Canada — TBA
4/08/05 Hoboken, NJ — Maxwell's — $10, All Ages
4/09/05 Brooklyn, NY — North 6th — $10, 18+
4/10/05 Washington, D.C. — Black Cat — $12, All Ages
4/12/05 Atlanta, GA — The Earl — $8, 21+
4/14/05 Jacksonville, FL — Jack Rabbits — $10, All Ages
4/15/05 Seminole, FL — Boomerz Boiler Room — $10, All Ages
4/16/05 Orlando, F L— The Social — $10, 18+
4/17/05 Tallahassee, FL — Club Downunder/FSU — TBA
4/18/05 New Orleans, LA — One Eyed Jacks — $8, 18+
4/20/05 Houston, TX — Mary Jane's Fat Cat — $8, All Ages
4/21/05 Dallas, TX — Trees — $10, 17+

The Sun, Bishop Allen, and Army Of Me will be joining us on certain dates. Tim has been leaving audio blog messages for each show, so if you're planning on going to a concert, make sure you get your instructions first. Check them out at okgo.emiforums.com.

I've Been Looking So Long At These Pictures Of Dudes

I'm beginning to think that sounds weird. It's not what you think. It's just a way to introduce the fact that OK Go has its first ultra-rare, collectible merchandise. On February 1st, 2004, OK Go attacked the photo booth at the Grog Shop in Cleveland, Ohio. They took a bunch of pictures of themselves acting in exactly the way people act in photo booths, bought a bunch of little 2-sided plastic frames, and buried them in the attic. Now that Andy Duncan has left the band, we've selling them to whoever has the fastest clickerfinger. We started with 50 or so, and only have about 30 left. Go to okgo.net. It's a sad moment, but we've got to make room in the attic for Raggedy Andy Ross's collection of string-hair rag dolls. He's a weirdo, that one.

And Now I Wanna Read Your Blog

As regular readers of this email newsletter know, OK Go has a new guitarist. His name is "Raggedy" Andy "Rusty Old" "Boss Of The Floss" Ross "That Bridge When We Get To It" the 3rd. We call him Rusty, for short. Rusty is a very good writer, and we've convinced him to keep a blog of his recent exploits. You can read it at thewilltorock.blogspot.com, and also at okgo.emiforums.com.

That's all for now, but we've got a doozy of a newsletter coming next week.

Take care,

Jorge

Comments