In this Discussion

I need my instructions!

edited November -1 in OK Go
Waaaah! Is Tim's audio blog topic closed already? (Or am I so dopey I can't figure out an online message board?) I'm just hoping for instructions on the Jacksonville, FL show. Please, please, don't leave me to just flail my way through it! unsure.gif

Comments

• Don't worry, it just hasn't been posted yet. Usually they're up pretty close to the date of the show.
  • Excellent! Thank you! biggrin.gif
  • No problem!

I'm still trying to figure out how I can drive all the way down to Florida from Wisconsin for the Orlando show..

Yes, I love OK Go that much. But plane tickets are too expensive, it's like a 22 hour drive by car, and there aren't enough hours in one weekend sad.gif And it's getting close to the end of the semester, I can't skip classes.. boo!
  • I would totally make that drive with you....if I had a car and could miss classes....I am really dying to see them again...I was thinking i might try and work something out for Montreal....I have a day to get a ride and it's only 4 hours away...can I do it? lol...yeah right!
  • Haha, me and my friend considered the Canada shows too! It's just way too much driving to try to fit into two days sad.gif

I'm hoping we'll hear something about more tour dates coming up (Tim told me that they want to tour as much as possible)...
  • Awww yay! that's such good news! I think they should do a college circuit? Anyone else agree with that? Yeah maybe it;s just me. I'm sure UNH would love to have them stop out here...go Wildcats! lol! I'm sure I could work something out with the school if they would agree to it...*sigh* now that would be crazy fun!
  • I'm all for a college tour! Though I doubt that University of Wisconsin--Eau Claire would be a big draw for them lol.
  • lol...that's ok...I'm pretty sure my friend and I are the only students out of the 14,000 at the University of New Hampshire who know of OK Go...but still...they should totally tour colleges...I think it's a superb idea...so come on guys...show some spirit!
  • I'd be good for basically any tour over the summer... yeah, I have to work, but I'd totally be willing to drive hours to see a show (which I've done haha).

The one thing that I wasn't too thrilled about though that Tim told me, was that they were thinking about looking for a band that they could open for.

Ok, maybe I'm just being selfish. I know that it's a great way to try to get more fans and have more people hear their music.. but then we don't get to hear as many songs, and the gigs are larger (I'm loving the intimate ones now!). Who knows who'd they would open for.. if it happens, I hope it's a band I like, and not too expensive smile.gif
  • Yeah I know what you mean...I loved the intimacy of the concert...and I don't know, I would really love for them to just keep on as the headliner...but they gotta do what they gotta do I suppose

Either way I'd still go see them, no doubt....lol *crosses fingers* here's hoping they do tour more, soon, and if they end up opening for someone that it's a band I like
  • Who knows who'd they would open for.. if it happens, I hope it's a band I like, and not too expensive smile.gif

[/quote]

Dunno if anyone else stumbled upon them when they opened for They Might Be Giants, but that's how I fell in love with 'em. *happy sigh at the memories*
  • Tim's loving messages to all of Florida are up now. Go to thewilltorock.blogspot.com

And it looks like they are going to do a very short stint opening for another band. Just a handful of dates, probably none in Florida. But it's a pretty great band, so that should make you happy.

jorge
  • Haha, I'm assuming you're going to be leaving us in suspense for a while on this one. I can't wait to know! (and see how I get to re-arrange my schedule to see them again!)
  • aha! This makes me all giddy inside. I have a feeling that if this takes place once I'm done with classes, I'll be traveling near and far....hmmmm tongue.gif
  • Yeah. If it's after May 20th, and on a weekend, I'll drive anywhere. Seriously. Let's meet up and see if our "plan" goes through smile.gif
  • Ahhhh! definitely! I am so game for meeting up and setting "the plan" into motion..haha
  • 'K. So, now I have my instructions (cufflinks???!), but who is opening for them these days? I really need to know. I've been hoping for Bishop Allen. biggrin.gif
  • I'd try to find the website to the venue that you're going to. I don't think the Sun is opening for them anymore.. other than that, I have no clue.
  • QUOTE (sweetpea0431 @ Apr 14 2005, 10:03 AM)
    I'd try to find the website to the venue that you're going to. I don't think the Sun is opening for them anymore.. other than that, I have no clue.

Yeah, The Sun's last night with OK Go was at the DC show... I'm curious as to who is opening for them now, too =)
  • QUOTE (sveici @ Apr 14 2005, 03:41 PM)
    Yeah, The Sun's last night with OK Go was at the DC show... I'm curious as to who is opening for them now, too =)

Sorry this is a little late:
    http://www.jackrabbits.musictoday.com/Jack...s/calendar.aspx