In this Discussion

Truckers

edited November -1 in General Discussion
My dad used to be a trucker. It was pretty cool. He would pick my up from school in the tractor. It was pretty awesome, especially when you're 7 years old. lol. Yeah, that's my little story:)

Comments

• aw, that's awesome, lol.
  • haha...yeah it was fun times cool.gif
  • Did you ever get to use the radio? I always wanted to do that, I don't know why. I've never even been in one before.

Wow, I'm weird.
  • Haha. No, sadly I never got to use the radio. Surprisingly they don't use them as much as television and movies make it seem like they do. They pretty much just use them to check weather and road conditions up ahead. Accidents, cops, that sort of thing.

It was really cool though, because when I was fourteen, over the summer my dad took me out for a week with him. It is probably one of the best experiences of my life. No really. You probably think I'm weird, but it was really quite fun. That or I'm a deprived girl from the middle of nowhere New Hampshire huh.gif
  • Hey, middle of nowhere Wisconsin is pretty out-there too.

I think it would be fun to do a road trip-type thing in one. I'd have to be able to use the radio for something though. Even if it's only to check the weather lol.
  • I always thought of stealing my dads old CB radio and putting it in my car...but then I saw Joy Ride, and even though I wouldn't be doing what they did, I'd probably get some crazy trucker chasing after me.

My dad never let me talk on the CB because A) I was a little girl, ok 14...lol. and cool.gif some of the truckers get mightly lonely, and the sound of a female voice is a pleasant surprise.

That pretty much turned me off from wanting to talk on the radio. lol
  • ew, yeah, that is creepy. lol. yuck.
  • That rocks. happy.gif
  • QUOTE (bettyNLBboop @ Apr 17 2005, 11:37 PM)
    I always thought of stealing my dads old CB radio and putting it in my car...but then I saw Joy Ride, and even though I wouldn't be doing what they did, I'd probably get some crazy trucker chasing after me.

My dad never let me talk on the CB because A) I was a little girl, ok 14...lol.  and cool.gif some of the truckers get mightly lonely, and the sound of a female voice is a pleasant surprise.

That pretty much turned me off from wanting to talk on the radio. lol

LMAO OMG that's so weird... Joy Ride is quite a startling movie though blink.gif

blegh!! lonely truckers *shivers*