In this Discussion

The New Orleans show

edited November -1 in OK Go
To those awseome people who told me to try to get into One Eyed Jacks without an ID, this is for them....

Monday night, 6:00 I go to the Big Easy Awards, which is a "best of" award show for New Orleans. I'm only there because my dad is nominated for best actor in a musical and I'm his date. All dressed up, of course, with this plan for my mom to pick me up and I can change in the car into something much less wholesome, meet my friend, and go to Ok Go at One Eyed Jacks for 11:00.

I was pretty sure I was not going to get in. 2 15 year old girls with no ID and no connection, I knew I was SOL. But I was going to try anyway.

So, while I'm at the big easys, my dad tells his friend how funny it is that I'm actually gonna try, to which he says, "I'm going too, I know the owner of One Eyed Jacks, he's right over there,"

So I meet the owner of One Eyed Jacks, and he's really nice. I told him it's my favorite band ever, which it is by the way.

So this was my lucky day.

We got there, and the guy asked us for ID. We told him that we knew the owner, and right on cue, the owner comes up and says, "Don't worry about it, noc charge."

No charge.

No ID.

Oh my god.

This was the best day of my life, and to top it off, there were only like 15 people there, so me and my friend were right in front of Rusty. He kept looking down at us, probably becasue I knew every word of every song. And even though I was in my stupid shot white coctail dress and black pumps, I was soooo happy.

Afterwards, I told Damian my story and he actually seemed interested. He was soooo cute in the red pants. He told me that he was really tired because he was swimming for 2 hours every day because he had to get in shape for a NUDE PICTURE. I was like standing there with my mouth open the whole time. We had a 10 minuite conversation. Oh my god. When I got in a picture with him, my really high shoes were slipping forward and it was really embarassing, but he told me that my shoes were CUTE. I shit you not.

How do I put pictures on this thing??

Comments

• Awww that's such an awesome story! Damian is such a sweetheart, eh? lol.

I put my pictures up on webshots and then just posted the address here so everyone could look at them. Hopefully that helps!
  • That is the cutest story ever.....I'm so glad you got to see them!!
    More importantly, you got to witness the Cinnamon Lips dance firsthand.
    Wasn't that awesome???

Can't wait to see your pictures!

And what about these nude pics of Damian.....didja get any more details, or are you purposely not sharing????? Hmmmm?

smile.gif
  • I totally didn't ask about where the nude pictures would be... I was way too "wow holy shit i'm looking into damian's eyes" to ask. I hate myself for not asking.

I took about ten pictures of the C-C-Cinimon lips dance and they're on a disposable that NEEDS to be developed. It was sooo awesome. I'm the happiest person in the world right now just because fate twisted my way sooo well...

I still don't get how to do the pictures... I hope I'm not stupid sad.gif
  • Am I the only one sensing his facetiousness with that picture comment?

Glad everything worked out and you got to get in, I knew you'd find a way! And to think how mad you would have been if you didn't get in.

There's free sites online (photobucket.com, webshots.com) that lets you upload your pictures so that everyone can see them. You just scan them in and upload them.

Glad you had a great time!
  • No you're right about the fastidious comment...

I am so fuckingdamn glad that I got in... But it was really a twist of fate that I got in... I swear my faith in god has been re-kindered

Thanks for the picture site thingy.
    With the picture thing, do I need to scan them????? Can I just put them on if i have them saved on my computer?
  • Yeah, if you have them already saved on your computer, then you just upload them. It's pretty simple to do, most sites will walk you right through it.
  • thats so exciting!!

what musical was your dad in? thats so cool.
  • The best part of that award show was Harry Shearer, the master of ceremonies who is a also a regular voice on the simpsons, he's principal skinner. HaHa. But my dad was Nominated for best actor in a musical for "Pump boys and Dinettes" He didn't win sad.gif but it was only his second nomination and it's really political. but he got beat out by a New Orleans theater legend, so ya know......

But yeah I set up a thingy on one of those photo websites, and as soon as I get my pictures developed I'll post em.

Oh my god I'm so happy!