In this Discussion

We love Ok GO

edited November -1 in OK Go
As I was lieing in bed happen to come upon Regis and Kelly. Durring some obnoxious trivia game i noticed in the backround was indeed "Get Over it" but no mention of OK GO. Then i realized that I hear that song a lot in backrounds of tv shows. Why no love for OK GO? unsure.gif

Comments

• QUOTE (ItalianAmiche @ Apr 18 2005, 11:31 AM)
    As I was lieing in bed happen to come upon Regis and Kelly.  Durring some obnoxious trivia game i noticed in the backround was indeed "Get Over it"  but no mention of OK GO. Then i realized that I hear that song a lot in backrounds of tv shows.  Why no love for OK GO? unsure.gif
    Do they do that during TV shows? Btw, in the background, you are listening to a song called "Get Over It," by the fantastically fun band that we know and love as OK Go!

Nah. The reason they don't announce it is so that you don't realize right away that you are constantly being subjected to OK Go music and the takeover can then remain secret...oh, oops. wink.gif
  • There was a smidge of Get Over It on last night's episode of "Strange Love" on VH1.
    I think it was the finale.

I think I also heard it on a recent episode of The Real World or one of those reality shows.
    It fits perfectly......

smile.gif
  • Yeah, I've heard it in the background of a lot of shows. I think I even heard it once a long time ago on Boston Public (I don't even think that show is on TV anymore?)
    Nah. The reason they don't announce it is so that you don't realize right away that you are constantly being subjected to OK Go music and the takeover can then remain secret...oh, oops

ahhh, it's all starting to make sence now...
  • I always notice that too...they even play really good songs as backround music on 360 with Anderson Cooper...and that is CNN for God's sake.
  • Get over it used to be the opening song on best week ever, but I guess for some reason they cant see the awesomeness and they took it off. and on some fabulous life of or celebrity wedding or some other crap i was wasting my time on they used C-C-C-Cinimon lips.

In a way it kina makes me mad. Because it's almost like, "hey, that's my music that I constantly listen to that you are butchering" I don't know. I may just be a bad person.
  • are you italian?

thats cool!

parlo italiano!...well..uh...cosi-cosi

hahahaha you could help me!
  • I don't think its a bad thing, I hear them a LOT in the background...

As someone who is interested in music supervision (placing songs in tv programs and movies), I can definitely say that either these music supervisors lack creativity (nah, I don't think thats it) or they are fans of Ok Go and wanna slip them in every chance they get (I'm gonna go with that one cool.gif )

Not that they're all about the $$$ or anything, but everytime their song gets played, they get paid. cool.gif