In this Discussion

august & nude damian

2»

Comments

• Hey, Sally, you're welcome. There's no way I would have had the guts to ask DK about the nude pic on my own, but since you'd mentioned it in your New Orleans story, I figured he wasn't being facetious and I wanted to know what it was for and where we might be able to see it someday...
  • QUOTE (ItalianAmiche @ Apr 24 2005, 12:43 PM)
    I thought about this after i talked to Damian after the concert i went to.  I only want the best for okgo bacause if you'd saw the look Damian had in his eyes when he told me he wanted to find bigger venus to play in, you would to.  the only thing that scared me is that they would loose the contact with the fans.  I have never a band so will to find out about their fans.  most "mainstream" bands you have to know a guy who knows a guy to even get backstage.  Also i love the fact that Okgo only cost me 8 bucks to get in but hey... i'm cheap like that

I see what you mean.
    I'm totally afraid that next time they come to New Orleans they'll be famous and I won't be able to tell Damian about my concert journey!
    I'm scared!!!!!!!!
  • QUOTE (poison @ Apr 24 2005, 02:56 PM)
    Hey, Sally, you're welcome. There's no way I would have had the guts to ask DK about the nude pic on my own, but since you'd mentioned it in your New Orleans story, I figured he wasn't being facetious and I wanted to know what it was for and where we might be able to see it someday...

I'm so glad you asked! I can't believe I kinda inspired someone! When did he say it was coming out??????????

And pretty soon I'll have my pictures from the New Orleans show up so that those who want to can see me falling on Damian... He was so cute....
  • QUOTE (ItalianAmiche @ Apr 24 2005, 12:43 PM)
    I thought about this after i talked to Damian after the concert i went to.  I only want the best for okgo bacause if you'd saw the look Damian had in his eyes when he told me he wanted to find bigger venus to play in, you would to.  the only thing that scared me is that they would loose the contact with the fans.  I have never a band so will to find out about their fans.  most "mainstream" bands you have to know a guy who knows a guy to even get backstage.  Also i love the fact that Okgo only cost me 8 bucks to get in but hey... i'm cheap like that
    Aw, I would be very much more than okay if OK Go became bigger. I remember when I saw them in Madison (the first time) and in Toronto, thinking how much more fun the shows would have been if the crowd was bigger and more into it...not that the shows weren't fun and not that there weren't any dedicated fans there, cuz they were and there were! Anyway, OK Go definitely deserves to play to larger audiences, granted an appreciative audience. They've done small club tours forever it seems and they should get to grace bigger stages. And Damian shouldn't have to take off his clothes in order to make that happen. wink.gif

OK Go has a good fan base in Michigan, so how about Saint Andrew's Hall (Detroit) or Clutch Cargos (Pontiac) to start? Those venues are larger, but still have an intimate club feel.
    They might also do well to tour with bands like Weezer or Incubus or have one of their songs played on the...O.C.?
  • QUOTE (shades of blue @ Apr 24 2005, 04:28 PM)
    or have one of their songs played on the...O.C.?

you're so damn hot was used in one of the earliler episodes of the oc... biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (shades of blue @ Apr 21 2005, 11:15 PM)
    Hrm, maybe OK Go will hit mainstream soon, which scares the selfish and somewhat snotty part of me that likes to consider them indie rock even tho they're on a major label...

Yeah its interesting all the people are like oh is that the madden band, or the mvp baseball band? when im talkin to them about it. So i of course say yeah and they are like yeah i like them. But i will say i would not have heard of these guys if it werent for madden football. Get Over It was stamped on my earlobes after that game.
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Apr 24 2005, 07:06 PM)
    you're so damn hot was used in one of the earliler episodes of the oc...  biggrin.gif
    oh yeah...so Seth just needs to name drop OK Go like he did for Death Cab in the one OC episode i ever saw.

OK Go is like that band you didn't know you knew...
    I think it's cool that they do get recognition for being that "Madden band"
  • Yeah I remember seeing Mischa Barton like menioning OK Go at some event or something a while ago. I forget why.
  • QUOTE (WeMadeShirts @ Apr 26 2005, 03:22 AM)
    Yeah I remember seeing Mischa Barton like menioning OK Go at some event or something a while ago. I forget why.

mmmm mischa barton.....

oh sorry day dreamin again hahaha
  • QUOTE (ItalianAmiche @ Apr 24 2005, 05:43 PM)
    Also i love the fact that Okgo only cost me 8 bucks to get in but hey... i'm cheap like that

You're not cheap at all, admission is important! Sometimes it's hard to pay $50 for one concert, however, 8 bucks make me think like "Yay, I can go to a couple of more shows" smile.gif .

I thought about this after i talked to Damian after the concert i went to.  I only want the best for okgo bacause if you'd saw the look Damian had in his eyes when he told me he wanted to find bigger venus to play in, you would to.  the only thing that scared me is that they would loose the contact with the fans.  I have never a band so will to find out about their fans.  most "mainstream" bands you have to know a guy who knows a guy to even get backstage.

Ah yes, now I know that I'm afraid of losing familiar feeling to my favorite bands. It's music that counts, besides, my impression would be more better if I could have some conversation with band guys and find that they're funny, sweet, nice (goes on and on) and I would realize that they're only human just like me wink.gif .

I believe in my ears, it doesn't matter whether bands belongs to mainstream, substream or no-stream.
    I love OK Go, I don't care if Damian wears a fancy dress or he goes naked (as for Damian, I prefer him to get his clothes on. haha).
    And, I'm obsessed by boys with eyeliner biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif.
  • QUOTE (WeMadeShirts @ Apr 25 2005, 09:22 PM)
    Yeah I remember seeing Mischa Barton like menioning OK Go at some event or something a while ago. I forget why.
    What?! They get name dropped and played in one of the trendiest shows and stilll nothing? I don't know anymore. Maybe we just have to wait. It's probably better if it happens gradually, so they're not a "here today, gone tomorrow" thing.