In this Discussion

what is your favorite ok go song?

edited November -1 in OK Go
Ok I tried to get the songs that were voted on the most on the other polls and bring them to this one sorry but not all of the songs are here, so vote for "other" if you have a different favorite.

Let the voting begin!!

Comments

• At the moment its the fix is in still but i haven't listened to the new album enough to find an outstanding favourite.
  • there's too many good ones.. u can't make me pick just one
  • aughhh, exactly!! Too many good ones to choose from!!! I have 5 that tie in 1st place:
    Maybe This Time
    Oh Lately It's So Quiet
    There's A Fire
    Crash the Party
    1000 Miles Per Hour
  • My fave ones are definately....
    Television television,
    You're so damn hot
    Don't Ask Me
    Crash the party.....

wait what am I doing, love them all.... I voted for oh lately its so quiet, that song really emotes something in me.
  • i know its hard to choose just one, but we have to find out what ok go song is preferred by the most people, its for posterity. so come on guys what is your favorite
  • (just so I remember what I voted for) 1000mph
  • me too. Though I also looove "Oh Lately It's So Quiet" and "You're So Damn Hot."
  • QUOTE (oknow @ Sep 8 2005, 02:54 PM)
    aughhh, exactly!! Too many good ones to choose from!!! I have 5 that tie in 1st place:
    Maybe This Time
    Oh Lately It's So Quiet
    There's A Fire
    Crash the Party
    1000 Miles Per Hour

OMFG those r my favs too!!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif like exactly the same. ohmy.gif
  • NUMBER 1 ALL TIME FAVORITE OK GO SONG: We Dug A Hole

2. The Fix is In

3. Good Idea at the Time

5. The House Wins / It's Tough to Have a Crush (I can't decide!)

But I love all the songs on Oh No.

(By the way, I have edited this post about 4 times now. I keep changing my mind about the order! I would have put a Top 6, but that doesn't really sound as cool as a Top 5.)
  • You didn't include "The House Wins" or "Shortly Before the End." I love those!
  • OMG. We Dug A Hole is my favourite, too ohmy.gif

1. We Dug A Hole (STICKS TO MY BRAIN LIKE GLUE)
    2. Let It Rain (It sounds really nice acoustic... I want to cover it, but I'm not good enough at guitar yet)
    3. Bye Bye Baby/Hello, My Treacherous Friends (HMTF inspired me to buy a bunch of random non-fiction books from the store... I now know what dicephaly, acheiropody and retinoic acid are now. Hee.)
    4. A Million Ways (I have so many good memories attached to this song. Attempting to learn the dance with one friend and two complete strangers... fun biggrin.gif I made two new friends.)
    5. It's Tough To Have A Crush (I'm covering this song at some point. I've already got the chords down... I just have to coax one of my friends into playing the piano part so I can amuse myself with the song. rolleyes.gif)
  • There's a tie between Invincible and DWYW. I also fancied Return, so that's what I voted for. smile.gif
  • 1) It's a Disaster
    2) Don't Ask Me
    3) Here It Goes Again
    4) No Sign of Life
    4) Invincible
    5) A Million Ways
    6) Hello, My Treacherous Friends
    7) Get Over It
    8) Return
    9) We Dug a Hole
    10) 1000 Miles Per Hour

well, Ok Go takes up like 20 of my itunes "Top 25 most played" in my ipod
  • Wow. I thought I was the only one who would sit down and write down the order of favorite songs. Here's mine:

1. Invincible or Do What You Want
    2. Get Over It
    3. A Million Ways
    4. You're So Damn Hot
    5. Crash the Party
    6. Return
    7. Here It Goes Again
    8. Don't Ask Me
    9. Oh Lately It's So Quiet
    10. What to Do
    11. No Sign of Life
    12. It's a Disaster
    13. A Good Idea at the Time
    14. Television, Television
    15. C-C-C-Cinnamon Lips
    16. Let It Rain
    17. The House Wins
    18. Maybe, This Time

There's more, but I won't bother boring you even more with my lists. rolleyes.gif
  • definitely Don't Ask Me. that happy organ solo in the middle is absolutely fantastic. the whole song just rocks so damn hard, you know?
  • QUOTE (Claret @ Jan 20 2007, 11:58 PM)
    OMG. We Dug A Hole is my favourite, too ohmy.gif

Yeah. I love the chorus and the little organ part. And I love the bit at the end where he goes "I WANNA TELL YOU HOW WE DID IT!" It makes me laugh. happy.gif
  • NO ONE picked Good Idea at the Time??? Come on people! That's the best song on the record!
  • QUOTE (starshaped @ Jan 21 2007, 04:16 PM)
    NO ONE picked Good Idea at the Time??? Come on people! That's the best song on the record!

Nuh-uh, girlfriend. -moves head from side to side- It's obviously Invincible. (But in my personal taste, it's tied with DWYW, as I've previously said.) But then again, A Good Idea at the Time is a good song.
  • my favourites are Hello, My Treacherous Friends, Let It Rain and T's Song.
  • OK. I'm a new OK Go fan. I haven't listened to much music in the last few years. My era was the 60s, 70s, 80s. But like so many, I check out Youtube now and then, and I stumbled across their treadmill video about a week ago. I was astounded at the simplicity, brilliance and humor of it. And even more astounded that I liked the song!

Well at this point, I've watched every video of them I could find online, and of course bought both CDs and listened to each a couple of times, rocking out in my car. There are a LOT of catchy tunes on those discs! I could listen to about 2/3rds of them again, which is pretty astounding for me and any band from the last decade. There are so many influences from some of my absolute favorite pop bands over the years - bits of the Beatles, the Cars, Elvis Costello, the Pixies of course, LOTS of Electric Light Orchestra (especially the first OK Go CD), others. They even cribbed a lyric from the Rolling Stones! And Damian's got that Mick Jagger thing going. I like these guys.

So, my favorite song, from both albums, is Here It Goes Again. I know, lame choice, huh? I see I was the only one who voted for it. Well I don't care. I haven't heard it enough to be sick of it yet. This song really rocks. You know what, I MUCH prefer the live Letterman performance of HIGA to the treadmill video set to the CD version. Yes there are some other really great songs on both albums. For example, can anyone NOT get up and dance when they play Don't Ask Me? I think you'd pretty much have to be dead.

But I still like Here It Goes Again.

Can't wait to see them in February. I'll probably be the oldest person at the show. huh.gif

RK