In this Discussion

New tour dates?

13»

Comments

• QUOTE (GirlInTheDark @ Aug 4 2005, 07:46 PM)
    THEY CAN STOP AT TEXAS 3 TIMES BUT NOT ONCE IN WISCONSIN????
    IM GOING TO CRY NOW....

Yeah I've always hated California in that respect--there was one tour I really wanted to go to that had about 8 stops in CA and nothing between New Jersey and Florida (which is something like 5 states).
  • Ok, so at first I thought the Redwalls were headlining (according to their site), but now it sounds like OK Go is from the news page.. and no one from either site has a clear answer!

(Not that it matters, I love them both)
  • I'm really confused. I went to get tickets for the upcoming show in San Francisco. The Cafe Du Nord "calendar" says it's an 18+ show, as does the TicketWeb site.. until you go to actually buy it. The site says it's an 18+ show in the listing, but then says "persons under the age of 21 will not be admitted" on the page you get after buying the ticket (and again in the confirmation email). So uh, which is it?
  • QUOTE (RejectedSponge @ Aug 4 2005, 02:28 AM)
    wtf
    another phoenix? and no tucson. that effed up.

*clings to Spongie* You have to go to one of the shows!! I'd beg you to go to this one, since my husband won't go, but alas, it's 21+ I think. Craptacular.
  • yeah
    my mom barely lets me go downtown to see concerts. all the way to phoenix? thatll never happen.
  • QUOTE (bettyNLBboop @ Aug 4 2005, 07:12 AM)
    I'm still pretty pised(Sweetest Thing, anyone?) about no East Coast shows. Well, there is the one, but I know nothing about it. Fabulous. mad.gif

It's the 12th in at Middle East in Cambridge, MA. Which really sucks, 'cause if I were in school, I'd totally get someone to drive me the hour and a half to get to Cambridge to go see them. But I'm not in school, so I'm all the way in Jersey, and there's no way I can get up there. :-P

And I was in Miami the week of the 4th, so when I found out that they'd done a show down there while I was down there! I got soooooooo mad. But then I found out that it was 21+, so I wasn't as upset, 'cause I couldn't have gone anyway. (Only a year and three months more...)

Hopefully they'll do another tour soon...*crosses fingers*
  • I have a feeling they'll be touring quite a bit over the next year.
  • We still haven't gotten a call back about the tickets for the Phoenix show. I don't know if this means we aren't going to be able to get in, or if I'm just really impatient. But we kinda gotta know before 4pm PDT because it will be a 1.5 to 2 hour drive. I'm really hoping we do get a call, whether it's to say we won't be able to get in or we will.
  • Finally got the call about the show in Phoenix tonight. I was beginning to think that too many guys had called in and the show was going to be a sausage fest, so they weren't taking any more reservations from guys. tongue.gif Paranoid much? But yeah, the show's at 9pm at the Hard Rock. Here's hoping for good weather all the way up I-10!
  • psh
    monsoon season rocks. and it's going to halt just for you.
    have a blast...
    hard rock is probably the one thing about phoenix i like. quite sad.
  • The show was at a small Hard Rock downtown, by BOB, which is NOT the one I remember going to in 2001.

So anyway, the show was going to start at 9pm, so we sat down at a table and I ordered a drink and some food. It was a big Sauza tequila promotion night, and their promo stuff was everywhere. The first performer was this gal who had won radio station 101.5's talent show or something, and she played perhaps 7 songs. She was like Ani Difranco, which should say a lot about the kind of music she played. NOT OK Go type stuff at all.

The OK Go boys did come out and watch her. They looked good, though Damian was a bit manorexic-looking. Somebody get that boy a Thanksgiving dinner! Nah, I bet he's just naturally skinny. We can't all be that way, though. tongue.gif

But the question you're really dying to ask is: how was OK Go's show?

And my answer to you would be: I wouldn't ****ing know! The show was supposed to start at 9pm. The opener, which had NOT been mentioned as part of the deal, started around 10:15pm. She played forever and a day. At 10:55pm, she ended and soundchecking for OK Go began. We left. We had what turned out to be an HOUR AND FORTY-FIVE minute drive home. We did not see ONE MINUTE of the band we had come to watch. My husband and I had to cut our losses and get some damn sleep because we have to get to work in the morning.

I am enraged to say the least. I am three years shy of being 30 years old. I am tired. I am cranky. And I will NOT ever be going to Phoenix on a weeknight for a show that "starts" so late unless it's Dwight Yoakam, or in my husband's case, Linkin Park. I don't blame OK Go at all for the show starting so late. But I still think we (and anyone else who drove up or down for the show) got a bum deal. Sure, it was free, but it cost us gas and dinner and a drink, and it was not worth that.
  • one more reason to hate phoenix.
  • QUOTE (RejectedSponge @ Aug 11 2005, 11:13 AM)
    one more reason to hate phoenix.

Word, as if I needed more reasons! I'm starting to simmer down, and I'm sure I'll be pretty OK with last night in a week, but I am still pretty peeved. Le sigh. At least the next show, while it's at a HORRIBLE venue, is on a Saturday night. We'll probably cruise IKEA and go to the mall (which my husband doesn't know is on the agenda yet wink.gif) before the show, so hopefully everything'll even out.

You should see our car. Seriously. Bug splats EVERYWHERE. ohmy.gif
  • since when do you need to buy tickets? i just showed up to the cafe du nord show last time.
  • QUOTE (Alexander @ Aug 11 2005, 12:38 PM)
    since when do you need to buy tickets? i just showed up to the cafe du nord show last time.

Well, you can always buy tickets in advance if you want, but you don't need to. At the last Cafe du Nord show, my sister bought her ticket in advance, but since I didn't know if I was going to get in or not, I didn't get mine in advance. I think I might buy mine in advance this time though. If I have the ticket already, they might not care about checking IDs or anything, not that they did last time.
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Aug 11 2005, 12:34 PM)
    Well, you can always buy tickets in advance if you want, but you don't need to. At the last Cafe du Nord show, my sister bought her ticket in advance, but since I didn't know if I was going to get in or not, I didn't get mine in advance. I think I might buy mine in advance this time though. If I have the ticket already, they might not care about checking IDs or anything, not that they did last time.

any word on this 21 and up thing? I'm just gonna go to tower and purchase my tickets...I refuse to believe it's really 21 and up, it certainly wasn't last time. It'd be lame to have to miss out especially cause I'm almost 21.
  • QUOTE (doobious @ Aug 15 2005, 06:54 PM)
    any word on this 21 and up thing? I'm just gonna go to tower and purchase my tickets...I refuse to believe it's really 21 and up, it certainly wasn't last time. It'd be lame to have to miss out especially cause I'm almost 21.

It's 18+ now. Technically, I still can't get in, but I'm going to try because I managed to get in last time.