In this Discussion

school

edited November -1 in General Discussion
holy crap! I'm leaving for my first year of college tomorrow...I'm so excited but also nervous (I'm going to Tulane in New Orleans, which is just over 1000 miles from home blink.gif)

Are you guys excited about school starting? annoyed? feeling anything at all about it?

Comments

• I'm really excited. It's my second year at UNH, and I can't wait to move into my dorm and see all my friends again! I loved being home, but I miss everyone from college. Of course, by next May I'll be more then ready to come home. lol.

Goodluck at school too! I'm jealous you're going to New Orleans...that's awesome!!
  • I don't like school . . . but I'm in high school. People there annoy me so much. They are mean to everyone and they all listen to rap. It bugs the hell out of me. But I'm a senior this year, so I'm gonna try to make the best of it. I graduate June 4 . . . I'm already counting the days. I can't wait!
  • I start my second year at Uni at the end of September, I loved moving out and gaining so much independence.... And now I'm back home for summer I hate having to say where I'm going, who I'm with, when I'll be back lol. Its so annoying!!

You'll love it Sarah, just be yourself and everyone will adore you smile.gif
  • Blah I am going into my 3rd year at the university of toronto!
    I commute there but im excited bc this year Im VP of one of the areas of campus *SMC*!!!!
    im excited to get involved big time yet again!
    Not having a dorm life sucks but i crash downtown so often at friends dorms that I might as well live there!
    Ull love university Sarah! it;s gonna rock

a great conversation starter is how u got a part of the board dedicated to u wink.gif
  • QUOTE (Jaded @ Aug 23 2005, 05:48 PM)
    I don't like school . . . but I'm in high school.  People there annoy me so much.  They are mean to everyone and they all listen to rap.  It bugs the hell out of me.  But I'm a senior this year, so I'm gonna try to make the best of it.  I graduate June 4 . . . I'm already counting the days.  I can't wait!

Ahhhh! I remember my senior year(like it was so long ago...haha)...I had the worst senioritis ever. I probably went to 50% of our school days...and the majority of those I left early. Yeah, it was bad. But fun. lol.
  • Haha, our school has senior skip day, not made officially but a lot of seniors participate.

A lot of the classes I'm taking this year are blow off classes anyways. Here is what I'm taking for sure.

College Prep English 12 ( English comes rather easy to me)
    French 2 (So does French)
    Art 3 (So does art)

Here is what I'm hoping to get

Yearbook (It's all photography pretty much, something I love.)
    Ancient and Medieval history ( I find history interesting, I can take this instead of sociology and psychology)

I didn't sign up for anything else, because seniors always get first pick. I didn't know what to do as my last class, so I picked office aide.

I'm not taking Math or Science thankfully, I hate those classes.
  • College really is different than high school. I hated high school so decided I wasn't going to college right away, which I now feel is a big mistake. I am 22 and still technically a freshman. Things get better after high school is over and the kids that don't want to be there just aren't there anymore. I like college though, I am actually kind of excited to start back again. My classes don't start till October though.... good luck to those of you going back now!
  • QUOTE (rossissuzy @ Aug 23 2005, 11:50 PM)
    College really is different than high school. I hated high school so decided I wasn't going to college right away, which I now feel is a big mistake. I am 22 and still technically a freshman. Things get better after high school is over and the kids that don't want to be there just aren't there anymore. I like college though, I am actually kind of excited to start back again. My classes don't start till October though.... good luck to those of you going back now!

I know college will be different, I'm hoping to go to school in Chicago. And I know over 3 quarters of the kids in my class aren't leaving the area, so I'm excited about meeting new people.
  • I hate high school. I always get stuck with the people who don't want to be there. I get stuck because I am in all average classes and only one honors class. I mean I don't really want to be there either, but I do. I rather be doing something film related than math related. I am hoping to go to Columbia college in Chicago because I like Chicago and I think it would be cool to go there. Or some other film school in a city. I don't really want to go to some college in some college town. If I don't go to school in Chicago, I would like to go to school in New York. Oh like Emerson. I think thats in New york...I think that would be awesome. I need to go college hunting. Then again...I am only a junior in high school.
  • I've been in school for over a week already. you kids are all lucky.

I want to go to college in Scotland. I was there for all of July this year. Best month of my life.
  • QUOTE (juniormint @ Aug 24 2005, 12:33 AM)
    I hate high school. I always get stuck with the people who don't want to be there. I get stuck because I am in all average classes and only one honors class. I mean I don't really want to be there either, but I do. I rather be doing something film related than math related. I am hoping to go to Columbia college in Chicago because I like Chicago and I think it would be cool to go there. Or some other film school in a city. I don't really want to go to some college in some college town. If I don't go to school in Chicago, I would like to go to school in New York. Oh like Emerson. I think thats in New york...I think that would be awesome. I need to go college hunting. Then again...I am only a junior in high school.

I'm looking to go to Columbia too! But for photography. Damn school still hasn't sent me my information. I keep telling myself that I need to call them, but I tend to procrastinate when it comes to school.
  • QUOTE (Jaded @ Aug 24 2005, 02:41 AM)
    I'm looking to go to Columbia too!  But for photography.  Damn school still hasn't sent me my information.  I keep telling myself that I need to call them, but I tend to procrastinate when it comes to school.

I was looking into that too. I got in actually but I'm not going. I was going to major in Communication and minor in Photography.
  • QUOTE (RejectedSponge @ Aug 24 2005, 05:59 AM)
    I've been in school for over a week already. you kids are all lucky.
    I want to go to college in Scotland. I was there for all of July this year. Best month of my life.

oooooh where abouts?

I looked at Aberdeen uni, its so beautiful.... But then I realised that I'd miss London too much, too many gigs that I'd miss out on etc, so yea I stayed in London. Even tho I got accepted in Aberdeen....

So where are you looking? I'm guessing probably St. Andrews or Aberdeen?! I saw both of them, and they're both lovely smile.gif

EDIT: If you're thinking about Scotland, you should think about London, its awesome hehe
  • QUOTE (The End Has No Jen @ Aug 24 2005, 03:51 AM)
    oooooh where abouts?

I looked at Aberdeen uni, its so beautiful.... But then I realised that I'd miss London too much, too many gigs that I'd miss out on etc, so yea I stayed in London. Even tho I got accepted in Aberdeen....

So where are you looking? I'm guessing probably St. Andrews or Aberdeen?! I saw both of them, and they're both lovely smile.gif

EDIT: If you're thinking about Scotland, you should think about London, its awesome hehe

haha yeah st. andrews. i loooove it there.
    i love london too, but i don't know... it's only a train ride away!
  • I'm in high school, and we finish like december 20th or something, then i'm a year 9er!
  • i begin my junior year on monday...and i have 4 days to read 3 books. one of them happens to be the grapes of wrath.

hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe
  • QUOTE (juniormint @ Aug 23 2005, 11:33 PM)
    I am hoping to go to Columbia college in Chicago because I like Chicago and I think it would be cool to go there.

Yeay for Columbia! I don't go there... but I wish I did. Maybe I could be a junior year transfer? (But I'm studying abroad in Denmark junior year..) I just love Chicago.
  • SOO JEALOUS PAM!

I am thinking of doing an exchange next year or the year after in england!
    JEN!! ANDY!! YOU BETTER VISIT ME! LOL

I am soo excited to go back to uni - im sick of working HAHAHAH!
  • QUOTE (RoRo @ Aug 25 2005, 10:17 AM)
    SOO JEALOUS PAM!

I am thinking of doing an exchange next year or the year after in england!
    JEN!! ANDY!! YOU BETTER VISIT ME! LOL

I am soo excited to go back to uni - im sick of working HAHAHAH!

Yes, do it next year, then we'll all be over in Europe at the same time and can visit each other!!
  • QUOTE (sweetpea0431 @ Aug 25 2005, 11:23 AM)
    Yes, do it next year, then we'll all be over in Europe at the same time and can visit each other!!

haha then spread the ok go love!
    dude we are such dorks I LOVE IT!