In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Mar 14 2007, 06:48 AM)
    Courtney, this has nothing to do with you. I don't recall having seen a pic of you, but I'm sure you're very pretty, and you're REALLY REALLY smart and VERY witty and funny to boot, which are all very attractive qualities.
    I feel sick, 'cause I just got my period and took three Midol, which apparently has caffeine in it, so now I feel hyper and crampy and slightly nauseous. Oy.
    EDIT- Hey! My user status just changed...

Thanks, Katy. smile.gif

For some reason I have a strange and recurrent fear of becoming pregnant...not that Ihave a reason to.

And I hope you're feeling better and that you aren't getting cramps.

Now I want to watch that movie.
  • jedi_grllie: i hope your boy drama works out. seriously boys can be such douches sometimes. and yet i still want one oy what a conundrum. and i never knew midol has caffeine in it! good to know.

courtneytastic: i feel the same way a lot of times, especially when one of my roomies is really pretty and has like a bunch of guys hitting on her. ugh yeah the mirror is not my friend.

ugh i keep getting headaches everyday. tylenol has no effect at all, and advil only does sometimes. and so i try to let it go away on its own, but when it gets super bad i take excedrin but im scared excedrin is gonna start to have no effect too. ugh i feel like a druggie. a lonely, bored, lonley,stressed out, lonely, druggie.

oh and courtney, i fear being pregnant too.. god bless my future husband i don't know how hes going to put up with me.. and on top of that i hate kids. sleep.gif
  • Courtneytastic, you're just like my sister: adorable and hillarious and yet can't embrace it. These qualities are stronger than any physical qualities. If you act adorable, then you are adorable. Your inner qualities are what bring forth the outer qualities.

----Love Mama Maharishi
    (for you see, that is who I am channeling...the Maharishi guru who used to hang around the Beatles in the late 60s)
  • QUOTE (amberdino @ Mar 14 2007, 05:02 PM)
    ugh i keep getting headaches everyday. tylenol has no effect at all, and advil only does sometimes. and so i try to let it go away on its own, but when it gets super bad i take excedrin but im scared excedrin is gonna start to have no effect too. ugh i feel like a druggie. a lonely, bored, lonley,stressed out, lonely, druggie.

Perhaps your friendly neighborhood Timpe dentist might help. How long have you had these headaches and what brings them on? Also, where on your head do you feel the ache? Does it feel deep or does it feel like it's on the outer muscles?
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Mar 14 2007, 05:04 PM)
    Perhaps your friendly neighborhood Timpe dentist might help. How long have you had these headaches and what brings them on? Also, where on your head do you feel the ache? Does it feel deep or does it feel like it's on the outer muscles?

wooo yay go tempe!
    okay i cant figure out the cause of the headaches - i mean like figure out if a certain thing sets them off.
    ive been getting them frequently for 2-3 weeks.. this happened a couple months ago too and then it went away.
    its more outer muscles i think.
  • do you wear glasses?
  • i wear contacts.
    oooh i see where you're going with this..
    im getting an eye exam on the 24th so yes maybe my eyes have gotten worse
    good thinking andy! (that is your name right)
    but i dont think my vision has gotten significantly worse.. but it might be a cause.
  • QUOTE (amberdino @ Mar 14 2007, 05:11 PM)
    wooo yay go tempe!
    okay i cant figure out the cause of the headaches - i mean like figure out if a certain thing sets them off.
    ive been getting them frequently for 2-3 weeks.. this happened a couple months ago too and then it went away.
    its more outer muscles i think.

Do you get these headaches when you're more stressed out? You may be grinding your teeth. This makes the chewing muscles tired and you get a headache. The main chewing muscles involved in this sort of headache are on the sides of your head and on the sides of your cheeks. These are the muscles that pull your jaw up in order to close your jaw. When you have a teeth clenching habit, you are contantly closing your teeth together tightly. This tires the muscles and causes a headache.

Lol, does this sound like the kind of headache you are having? Second dental question, does your jaw joint cause you any pain?

Your headaches might also be caused by allergies or being over-tired.

Ok, done giving it to you freaky. Now you know why chicks dig a dentist. Or maybe not laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Mar 14 2007, 07:02 PM)
    Courtneytastic, you're just like my sister: adorable and hillarious and yet can't embrace it. These qualities are stronger than any physical qualities. If you act adorable, then you are adorable. Your inner qualities are what bring forth the outer qualities.

----Love Mama Maharishi
    (for you see, that is who I am channeling...the Maharishi guru who used to hang around the Beatles in the late 60s)

Thanks, Mama Maharishi. smile.gif

On the headahce note: Am I the only person who gets headaches whenever I wake up too late?
  • ^^ I get headaches when I wake up too early and when its real hot.
  • I like getting up early though. But ditto on the really hot thing.
  • I guess I like getting up early, but only if I've had plenty of sleep. It's been so hot lately in California. JUST DISGUSTING.

(Oh, and on an Arrested Development note, I was reading this story in English and one of the vocabulary words was circumvent. I laughed for about 5 minutes. Oh, that GOB.)
  • Ugh, I hate it when it's so hot. Everything gets really sticky. Especially down here in old "San Antone."

(One of my vocab words last time was "harass." Harass! These are GT English kids. I'm pretty sure we know what harass means. And we have to use them in a sentence and draw a picture. One time, Will wrote, "Kyle is nothing but decadent." [old or something like that] and the teacher took off 5 points for "meanness.")
  • ^^^ hahaha. "meanness"...thats priceless.
    and u have to draw a picture??? wow. I have no idea how u got to write so wonderfully and know so much w/ dumb assignments like that. U must be a genius.

and yes the heat is horrible. I actually took my sweater off. I never take my sweater off. I don't like to show my arms for some reason.
  • We're all geniuses here, my friend.

I know. I like some sort of shirt that has sleeves on it. In 4th grade, I refused to wear anything but long sleeves. But that was also the year where I refused to brush my teeth for a month and a half and never got any cavities. blink.gif
  • chkl

When i was small i would hardly brush my teeth (like 3 times a week) and whenever I went to the dentist he would say, "WOW. You have such wonderful teeth! What do you do?" ha.
    I guess we have good teeth genes or something.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Mar 14 2007, 06:14 PM)
    Do you get these headaches when you're more stressed out? You may be grinding your teeth. This makes the chewing muscles tired and you get a headache. The main chewing muscles involved in this sort of headache are on the sides of your head and on the sides of your cheeks. These are the muscles that pull your jaw up in order to close your jaw. When you have a teeth clenching habit, you are contantly closing your teeth together tightly. This tires the muscles and causes a headache.

Lol, does this sound like the kind of headache you are having? Second dental question, does your jaw joint cause you any pain?

Your headaches might also be caused by allergies or being over-tired.
    Ok, done giving it to you freaky. Now you know why chicks dig a dentist. Or maybe not laugh.gif

okay yes i do tend get headaches when im stressed out for sure.
    i never noticed that i grind my teeth but who knows maybe i do when im sleeping?
    and no my jaw joint doesnt cause pain unless im at the dentist and my mouth is open for a long time because then it like shifts and locks/clicks etc.
    i know i get headaches when i sleep late and wake up early but ive been getting a good 8 hours every night. so it cant be from that
    i dont have any other allergies symptoms, nor have i ever had allergies in the past.
    i think its due to stress - that seems like the most reasonable answer.

ugh i think im just screwed up.
  • Aww, so mean to yourself! No need. Sounds like stress to me. Most tooth clenching/grinding goes on while you're asleep rather than during the day. You could try a night guard from say Walgreens or Target or somekind of drugstore and see if that stops the headaches. But it could just be pure stress alone causing the headaches. I used to get headaches a lot in high school because we had to wake up early and do annoying things all day. Bleh, school stinks, doesn't it. dry.gif Do you get spring break?
  • ugh yeah i get tension headaches and the likes.
    i have finals next week (shit when did that happen?!?)
    after that spring break for one week thank god.
    i hate school. i thought college would be so awesome. but it sucks.
    maybe because i have no friends here except for one.. yeah thats probably accurate.
  • ^^^finals suck asss

I made a fan vid for OK Go. I hope you guys like it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJTrb9kuYE4