In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• QUOTE (juniormint @ Nov 21 2005, 09:54 PM)
    I know someone from Michigan who calls it pop too. He was weird though. A little too emo for my taste.

We have a lot of emo's in Michigan. It's sad. Oops. laugh.gif

that was pretty lame.
  • OH!! I forgot about these skanky Boston girl I encountered. People made them say "We parked the car in Harvard Square."
  • i love boston's accent. i once had about a 3 hour conversation with a friend about accents (while we were in boston) fun times...

i say pop. and i have a reason, i shall explain. the correct term is "soda pop" so... if you're in a store, and you see this red dress you like, you would either say "i like that red dress" or "i like that dress" you wouldn't ever say "i like that red" unless perhaps you were messed up. this is why it's either "soda pop" or "pop" not "soda"...

there are some places where everything is "coke" like.... if you ask for a coke they be like "what kind?" it sort of threw me for a loop when i heard it i was like "... blink.gif the regular kind..."
  • QUOTE (Jaded @ Nov 21 2005, 08:55 PM)
    We have a lot of emo's in Michigan.  It's sad. Oops. laugh.gif

that was pretty lame.

hahahahah THat was funny.
  • HAHA I don't like it when people call it Coke. My friend was in Boston and she was like I will have a pop. The waiter said "Pop? Like popcorn?"
  • i dont like how park the car in harvard yard is supposed to be the perfect example of a boston accent..

not for any particular reason, its just gotten old.

and besides, you cant even park in harvard yard. i doubt you ever even could, because harvard yard itself is a park, like a field with trees and stuff in the middle of the harvard campus.
  • I was totally there!!! I liked Harvard. It was so pretty. THe dorms are HUGE!!!
  • my daddy went to harvard, so i'm only ever there for his reunions really.

it is pretty, though
  • QUOTE (justbelieve87 @ Nov 21 2005, 09:56 PM)
    i love boston's accent.  i once had about a 3 hour conversation with a friend about accents (while we were in boston) fun times...

i say pop.  and i have a reason, i shall explain.  the correct term is "soda pop"  so... if you're in a store, and you see this red dress you like, you would either say "i like that red dress"  or "i like that dress"  you wouldn't ever say "i like that red"  unless perhaps you were messed up.  this is why it's either "soda pop" or "pop"  not "soda"...

there are some places where everything is "coke"  like.... if you ask for a coke they be like "what kind?"  it sort of threw me for a loop when i heard it i was like "... blink.gif the regular kind..."

then where did tonic come from?

i just think that tonic beats out all of the weirdest words for the substance.
    sorry if im being redundant and annoying...
  • When my family went to Toronto a few years ago my mom asked for American cheese on her cheeseburger at a restaurant. I burst out laughing. 'twas a great moment. biggrin.gif
  • i have no clue what's going here.
  • QUOTE (76 @ Nov 21 2005, 09:08 PM)
    i have no clue what's going here.

do you have any clue what's going on over there?!?
  • hi. i'm dave. have we met?
  • QUOTE (76 @ Nov 21 2005, 09:13 PM)
    hi. i'm dave. have we met?

i wonder how many of your 1981 posts are that line?!?
  • i wonder how many of you 1478 posts are nagging me.
  • i have a feeling that at 1990 it's going to go to something else completly and ruin my fun sad.gif
  • 1990 was the year i was born
    yes, i'm only fifteen. and a half.

woot

dont worry though, it didn't change

what a coinkydink... i now have 76 posts.
  • 15 1/2? grow. up.
  • i'm going as fast as i can.

however, i wish i could literally grow up

being 5'2" really sucks.

like, you have no idea.