In this Discussion

chucks

2»

Comments

• QUOTE (Jaded @ Aug 29 2005, 11:13 PM)
    Where did you find those shoes?  I must know.  The only color chucks we have in the stores around me are red, yellow, green and black.  How lame is that. 

You know what? I guess I'm spoiled because I live right down the street from Harvard Square (in Cambridge, Mass), and there are at least three stores right in the Square that sell chucks in tons of colors. I actually have to shop around to see which has the best options at the best prices. wink.gif

But yeah, I got these purple high-tops last April or so at one store and a pair of pink low-tops probably three years ago at another. (Those ones are near death and I need to pick a replacement color.)

So you should come visit Boston/Cambridge for shoe shopping!

PS - LOVE your little Beatles "video." George is my boyfriend.
  • You live by harvard square? That's crazy, I went to film camp at harvard and the camp would only let us go to harvard square. Do you know fish the magician? Yeah he's crazy. or how about the guy that plays the one stringed instrument. Oh, how I miss those camp days...
  • QUOTE (juniormint @ Aug 30 2005, 09:20 PM)
    You live by harvard square? That's crazy, I went to film camp at harvard and the camp would only let us go to harvard square. Do you know fish the magician? Yeah he's crazy. or how about the guy that plays the one stringed instrument. Oh, how I miss those camp days...

The guy with the one-stringed instrument, who plays with that crazy zoned-out look on his face and has a tissue box for tips? LOVE THAT GUY. I actually walked by his spot last night and he wasn't there, and I was sad.

But my favorite was always the Australian guy, Al, who did magic and juggling and balancing acts . He would say something like, "I'm trying to make enough money to get back to Australia, so if you don't tip me enough I'll have to stay here and marry your daughters." But I haven't seen him in a long time, so I wonder if he did make enough to go home.
  • You live by Harvard Square? I go there shopping all the time. And by all the time I mean hardly at all. But I'm in Boston a lot...and with my newfound discovery of tons of chucks being sold there, well I have no choice but to go there!
  • QUOTE (bettyNLBboop @ Aug 31 2005, 11:39 AM)
    You live by Harvard Square? I go there shopping all the time. And by all the time I mean hardly at all. But I'm in Boston a lot...and with my newfound discovery of tons of chucks being sold there, well I have no choice but to go there!

someone needs to send me some sweet ones - cos ive yet to fuind cool ones here *cries*
  • QUOTE (bettyNLBboop @ Aug 31 2005, 10:39 AM)
    You live by Harvard Square? I go there shopping all the time. And by all the time I mean hardly at all. But I'm in Boston a lot...and with my newfound discovery of tons of chucks being sold there, well I have no choice but to go there!

I will memorize your little picture and look for you on the streets.

Haha.
  • Haha! Yes! And if OK Go ever plays Boston/Cambridge...we should meet up! lol.
  • QUOTE (lizziev @ Aug 31 2005, 11:52 AM)
    I will memorize your little picture and look for you on the streets.

she'd be hard to miss if she carries that yo doofball sign everywhere...
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Aug 31 2005, 01:58 PM)
    she'd be hard to miss if she carries that yo doofball sign everywhere...

Now you've given my secret away! Everyone will know who I am now.
  • hehe i own (in order of buying them...) black low tops with flames, black high tops, bright blue low tops, and bright green high tops (that ryan bought me) i haven't bought any for abut a year now, got a little sidetracked by dunlops and gola's....

OH and not forgetting, the white high tops I got and painted rainbow colours (old boardies will remember the photos i posted haha) yea, definately the way forward, make your shoes completely individual biggrin.gif

I'd post them again if i could find a photo haha
  • I went and saw Louis XIV in Boston..and one of the opening acts was from Boston...and one of the guitarists was wearing purple high top chucks...I wanted to ask him if he got them from Harvard Sq....but I didn't. I suck. sad.gif
  • QUOTE (bettyNLBboop @ Sep 1 2005, 10:42 PM)
    I went and saw Louis XIV in Boston..and one of the opening acts was from Boston...and one of the guitarists was wearing purple high top chucks...I wanted to ask him if he got them from Harvard Sq....but I didn't. I suck.  sad.gif

Oh, I'm dumb. I think I was supposed to go to that show. Do you know what the band was called?
  • QUOTE (lizziev @ Sep 2 2005, 08:26 PM)
    Oh, I'm dumb.  I think I was supposed to go to that show.  Do you know what the band was called?

The Gentlemen. They were actually really good. I'm supposing that you already know that though...if they are in fact the band you were supposed to see.
  • QUOTE (lizziev @ Aug 30 2005, 09:54 PM)
    So you should come visit Boston/Cambridge for shoe shopping!

PS - LOVE your little Beatles "video."  George is my boyfriend.

Oh, I would love to go there for shoe shopping. I live in Michigan though so it's kinda far away! But if I ever visit the area, I'll go there and get some shoe shopping done!

I'm glad you like my Beatles clip. John Lennon is my boyfriend.

But I have a thing for dancing musicians, you know. So I changed it to Logan Baren showing off his mad dance skills. Please enjoy.