In this Discussion

Post your picture

Comments

• Only in reference to his Cat. My name is Sarah. Sarah is hebrew for princess? My dog's name is Maestro because he looks like he's wearing a tuxedo, we couldn't use the name Tux because it could have been confused with Tucks. Tucks are butt wipes, and it would be very mean to name a dog after butt wipes, don't you agree? I also come from a very musical family, so Maestro was perfect. What does Enzo mean? Where does it come from?
  • QUOTE (cadillac64 @ Dec 12 2005, 01:07 AM)
    My dog's name is Maestro because he looks like he's wearing a tuxedo, we couldn't use the name Tux because it could have been confused with Tucks. Tucks are butt wipes, and it would be very mean to name a dog after butt wipes, don't you agree?
    I did not know Tucks are butt wipes, and I think Tuxie would make a cute pet's name or nickname... cool.gif
  • Yeah, i just think it's a bit too far gone from Tuxedo to be a good nickname. By itself it's cute, though. Plus, it's too cute for Maestro. The word Maestro commands respect because a Maestro is in a position of authority, like my dog. He demands constant attention...but he's really cute. biggrin.gif
  • Yeah, Maestro sounds formal and dignified, whereas Tuxie just sounds cute and playful...
  • QUOTE (cadillac64 @ Dec 12 2005, 02:07 AM)
    What does Enzo mean? Where does it come from?

It's of Italian origins and means: Winner. Italian form of Henry 'rules the home'.

Out of curiosity, if that's what you where after all along, why were you so upset that Dave never answered you? I doubt he would know or even really care about all that stuff. It's just a cool name.
  • Thank You! smile.gif And no, it wasn't so much that he wouldn't answer as that he kept ignoring me, which is basically the same thing, isn't it? Well, I don't know... Nobody takes me seriously at home, and I've accepted that. But when people ignore me...I guess it's like my pet peeve or something. I should probably appologize to Dave. It's not his fault I'm insane. It's just weird that everybody on this forum knows each other a bit, and nobody knows me. *sigh*
  • QUOTE (cadillac64 @ Dec 12 2005, 01:22 AM)
    Thank You!  smile.gif  And no, it wasn't so much that he wouldn't answer as that he kept ignoring me, which is basically the same thing, isn't it? Well, I don't know... Nobody takes me seriously at home, and I've accepted that. But when people ignore me...I guess it's like my pet peeve or something. I should probably appologize to Dave. It's not his fault I'm insane. It's just weird that everybody on this forum knows each other a bit, and nobody knows me. *sigh*
    well, keep in mind that some of us have been around for a few years, while some a year, months, weeks...less? just take your time to read some threads through and definitely check out the other pages in the forums that interest you...
  • Will do! Thanks, Shades! smile.gif
  • you're welcome...and here are a few threads i think are good places for everyone to start:

OK Go BOARDIE School
    Your Screen Name
    10 Things about you...
  • i gave someone the same adivce in another thread...GO TEAM ADVICE
  • QUOTE (cadillac64 @ Dec 11 2005, 11:36 PM)
    What does Enzo mean?  Is it an Acronym?

consider yourself answered.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrari_Enzo

this is also an acceptable answer.

• That's beautiful for some people, but it really isn't my kind of car.
  • well, he's named after the man, not the car, but the car's nice too.
  • Oh! Which man?
  • the one in the link i posted.
  • Wow. Great name for a cat. Is Enzo fast?
  • he's should have not been named after a ferrari. he's clumsy, rarely lands on his feet, gets kicked a lot (can't grasp that darting out in front of me when i walk around gets him kicked) falls off of stuff and is just in general goofy. i think he's a dog in disguise.
  • My dog gets in the way, and usually ends up getting stepped on. He's so small, and my parents are so fat that it's really a wonder he's still three dimensional, and breathing. And Dogs are cool too, Dave.
  • You post made me laugh soo friggen hard!
  • Good to hear it. Not much makes me laugh these days, so I'm glad you found it amusing.