In this Discussion

MTVNEWS.COM

2»

Comments

• i feel like going to the Univ and just sitting in their tv lounge watching mtvu all day
  • My sis (agentnum2) saw the clip on Much news or something but on the wedge they showed the whole video. It was like the most rocken wedge episode I ever saw. Most of the time they only play soft music that puts me to sleep.
  • QUOTE (shades of blue @ Nov 4 2005, 10:15 PM)
    i thought you were all about the purple polar bear!

pandas are sad....polar bears are teh happy...and purple polar bears...well....it just doesn't get any happier then that.
  • So for those of us who don't have fancy cable or satellite, Much Music has a (very short) clip of the DWYW very professional and expensive video online:

http://www.muchmusic.com/promo/doritos05/index_en.asp

The clip made me dizzy. And yeah...didn't do much for me other than that. Maybe I'm getting too old for the new rock videos. I swear I'm not an indie snob or anything- honestly, they're on a major label, let them spend some fucking money. But I still think that the tour videos of Don't Ask Me, You're So Damn Hot, and DWYW just have so much more personality. I watch them and I like the band. I figure that's got to count for something.
  • haha umm it made me dizzy too, but I LOVED IT. i thought it was very ok go-esque.
  • QUOTE (Sadie @ Nov 5 2005, 04:12 PM)
    The clip made me dizzy.  And yeah...didn't do much for me other than that.  Maybe I'm getting too old for the new rock videos.  I swear I'm not an indie snob or anything- honestly, they're on a major label, let them spend some fucking money.  But I still think that the tour videos of Don't Ask Me, You're So Damn Hot, and DWYW just have so much more personality.  I watch them and I like the band.  I figure that's got to count for something.

Not sure if I should be mentioning this, but I've held onto it for a long time! My boss showed me the full video back before it was supposed to be released - and before the "Million Ways" video blew up instead. We watched it and we were both kind of... eh. It's funny you said it made you dizzy because when it was over, he said, "I can't even remember if I liked the song - I just feel seasick."

And that's kind of the perfect summary of the video... The song is great and the guys look great, but you remember the visual effect more than anything about the band's personality or even, in my boss's case, the song itself. Maybe they could have used the fancy-pants performance footage for most of the video, but thrown in some other shots that give you a break and let you focus on the band and the song for a second.

I was so happy when that video was delayed for the dancing, because I could show him, look, this is more like the band I love!

And now I cower in the corner because I just semi-ragged-on an expensive video that everyone else probably loves! I would also like to make two disclaimers: 1) I'd still rather watch this iffy (to me) OK Go video than most that are out there these days. 2) I saw it weeks or even months ago, so my memory could be hazy and there also may have been changes made in the meantime.
  • QUOTE (lizziev @ Nov 5 2005, 05:48 PM)
    Not sure if I should be mentioning this, but I've held onto it for a long time!  My boss showed me the full video back before it was supposed to be released - and before the "Million Ways" video blew up instead. 

You be tres lucky to have a job that lets you see videos before we even know about them!
    *jealousy*

Also, nice to see someone from somerville on here. Ego habito in wakefield.
  • QUOTE (lizziev @ Nov 5 2005, 02:48 PM)
    Not sure if I should be mentioning this, but I've held onto it for a long time!  My boss showed me the full video back before it was supposed to be released - and before the "Million Ways" video blew up instead.  We watched it and we were both kind of... eh.  It's funny you said it made you dizzy because when it was over, he  said, "I can't even remember if I liked the song - I just feel seasick."

And that's kind of the perfect summary of the video...  The song is great and the guys look great, but you remember the visual effect more than anything about the band's personality or even, in my boss's case, the song itself.  Maybe they could have used the fancy-pants performance footage for most of the video, but thrown in some other shots that give you a break and let you focus on the band and the song for a second.

I was so happy when that video was delayed for the dancing, because I could show him, look, this is more like the band I love!

And now I cower in the corner because I just semi-ragged-on an expensive video that everyone else probably loves!  I would also like to make two disclaimers: 1) I'd still rather watch this iffy (to me) OK Go video than most that are out there these days. 2)  I saw it weeks or even months ago, so my memory could be hazy and there also may have been changes made in the meantime.

woahhh where do you work!?

yeah. they couldlve made it less moving around, but the whole concept and how they do it turned out really cool.
  • QUOTE (RejectedSponge @ Nov 5 2005, 05:27 PM)
    woahhh where do you work!?

Oh. Um. I work in music, but no, I don't work for or with OK Go. I hang out here purely as a fan.

And to thephantommilk, yes, Somerville is awesome. smile.gif
  • QUOTE (lizziev @ Nov 5 2005, 10:31 PM)
    Oh.  Um.  I work in music, but no, I don't work for or with OK Go.  I hang out here purely as a fan.

And to thephantommilk, yes, Somerville is awesome.  smile.gif

yes yes
    but like
    a record company? or magazine?
  • she works for me on my radio show....it's really not all that glamorous as it sounds....need a job sponge?
  • I'm dizzy, too. All I see are different views of Damian's face.

Not a bad way to get dizzy, if you ask me. wink.gif

Can't wait to see the whole video and fall out of my chair after watching it. biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (Vendro @ Nov 4 2005, 07:51 PM)
    That's probably what it was that I saw as well. They had a short interview with the guys, right?

Short interview as well as the same dumbass comment about the guys' clothes that Diane Sawyer made....... Cool lookin video though smile.gif