In this Discussion

Exams

Comments

• QUOTE (tonetoile @ Jan 24 2006, 06:32 PM)
    When I first read Prufrock, it kinda annoyed me.  The whole "the women come and go talking of Michaelangelo" seemed a bit juvenille in its rhyme scheme (not that I can talk, I'm an awful poet).  Still, I didn't get the hype of T.S. until we read it out loud.  I love the allusion to the outfits and death as a doorman (was it a doorman?  coatman?  whatever.  It's been a while).  I don't know.  I don't read poetry much, I could just be stupid (which is very likely. haha).

t. s. eliot is okay. Actually, I didn't "Augh!" out of "OMG I hate those poems!" so much as "Augh! That's a lot of stuff to read and comprehend." He uses so many obscure illusions and images. It's pretty difficult stuff. But I actually did like some of it.
  • every so often this site's IQ goes sky rocketing

then its brought crashing back down again amist boob jokes and such

hehe boobs
  • I got B's on my exams

and a B+ on my Brit. Lit/English exam! A lot better than I thought I was going to get.
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Jan 24 2006, 09:07 PM)
    every so often this site's IQ goes sky rocketing
    then its brought crashing back down again amist boob jokes and such
    hehe boobs

What do you want from the fans of a band whose lead singer goes around drunkenly asserting that "use" is a useless word? wink.gif
  • Conjugating French verbs in the subjunctive makes me angry... especially since I don't know how to do it. Poop.
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Jan 26 2006, 02:39 PM)
    Conjugating French verbs in the subjunctive makes me angry... especially since I don't know how to do it.  Poop.

Ummm, the subjunctive should just die already.

Actually, conjugating verbs in French makes me angry no matter what. And I'm a French major. Go figure.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Jan 26 2006, 07:38 PM)
    Ummm, the subjunctive should just die already.

Actually, conjugating verbs in French makes me angry no matter what. And I'm a French major. Go figure.

it makes me angry, too.

J'AIME imageUN ECUREUIL!

that's always fun to say.
  • The panda? what about it?
  • thats all the french i know
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Jan 26 2006, 08:06 PM)
    thats all the french i know

oh ok. I'm sorry.
  • ah dont be...its all i need to know

Andy: LE PANDA
    French man: ?
  • All I know is the obvious: voulez vous coucher avec moi se sois? (sp?)
  • Oui, Bien Sur! wink.gif
  • QUOTE (cadillac64 @ Jan 26 2006, 09:47 PM)
    Oui, Bien Sur! wink.gif

LOL.

You got it mostly right, it's "Voulez-vous coucher avec moi, ce soir?"

Gitchy gitchy ya ya da da...I just danced to this today...
  • I just start talking and making up verb tenses.

HONESTLY, where the hell did "irait" comes from for aller? WHAT THE HELL??? But then again, English has got to be an awful language to learn with all of our irregulars.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Jan 26 2006, 08:49 PM)
    LOL.

You got it mostly right, it's "Voulez-vous coucher avec moi, ce soir?"

Gitchy gitchy ya ya da da...I just danced to this today...

hahahaha, my friend Ciara and I were asking people that in French class Tuesday. hahaha. And my teacher then explained to us that when the song was popular, non-French students would come to her and ask what it meant. hahahahaha, what can she tell them?

Student - "What does the French part mean in Moulin Rouge?"
    Teacher - "Will you sleep with me tonight?"
    Student - "WHAT?!?!?!"

hahahaha
  • Apparently when my mother was a young'n (er, well, younger), she was singing that with a friend at work, not knowing what it meant.

After about a week of listening to them prance around and sing in front of fellow coworkers and whatnot, her boss got fed up and finally told them what it meant.

They stopped after that... for the most part.
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Jan 26 2006, 08:29 PM)
    Apparently when my mother was a young'n (er, well, younger), she was singing that with a friend at work, not knowing what it meant.

After about a week of listening to them prance around and sing in front of fellow coworkers and whatnot, her boss got fed up and finally told them what it meant.

They stopped after that... for the most part.

One time I was home alone, and Risky Business was on television, so I put on one of my father's button down shirts, and grabbed a pair of Ray Bans and started dancing around. I even slid around on my socks. When my grandmother walked through the front door, my feet were up in the air on the couch and she just wouldn't stop laughing. She made me pay her to keep quiet. cool.gif
  • QUOTE (cadillac64 @ Jan 27 2006, 12:55 AM)
    One time I was home alone, and Risky Business was on television, so I put on one of my father's button down shirts, and grabbed a pair of Ray Bans and started dancing around. I even slid around on my socks. When my grandmother walked through the front door, my feet were up in the air on the couch and she just wouldn't stop laughing. She made me pay her to keep quiet. cool.gif

Oh, no! lol.

I'm really kind of into musicals, and even though I can't sing (not nearly as well as I could about seven years ago, anyway...), I still pretend I can, so I'll put on headphones and listen to The Scarlet Pimpernel soundtrack and lip synch along. One time I was doing that at the kitchen table, and I didn't realise that my dad was watching me as I sat there, "singing" along, head thrown back, mouth wide open, arms thrown wide, looking like an idiot. When I noticed that he was staring and laughing at me, I got soooooooooo pissed off. I was so embarrassed.