In this Discussion

OK Go in Minneapolis

edited November -1 in OK Go
Ok. This is what's going down. I thought it was weird that OK Go and MCS were performing together and they weren't playin in Minneapolis (where MCS started out), but I thought "Hey, que sera, sera" and didn't think much more about my OK Go un-luck.

But I'm on the 1st ave (this club here)'s mailing list and they said that the Go was playing on the 15th.

So I rushed to MCS's website, and they said the same thing.

But on okgo.net, they have no shows listed for th 1th.

What's going on! I WANT MY GO!

(I'm still going, on the offchance I might get to see them!"

Comments

• Ok. This makes me angry. IT IS A SECRET SHOW! What the fuck. Now all the tickets are sold out because MCS fans are EVERYWHERE and now the biggest fucking fan in Minneapolis can't see her OK Go.

Gah. WHY MINNEAPOLIS!?!? WHY?
  • wow that sucks majourly chuck

same thing happend to me with the arctic monkeys

sold out before i had a hope
  • QUOTE (Connyfoo @ Feb 15 2006, 12:01 AM)
    Ok.  This makes me angry.  IT IS A SECRET SHOW!  What the fuck.  Now all the tickets are sold out because MCS fans are EVERYWHERE and now the biggest fucking fan in Minneapolis can't see her OK Go.

Gah.  WHY MINNEAPOLIS!?!?  WHY?

Scour Craigslist. If there are any colleges in town (I'm assuming there are...?), see if they have the DailyJolt and check the Marketplace to see if anybody's selling tix. Go the day of the show anyway to see if anybody's selling tix in line.

Or just show up at the back door and beg Damian to let you in.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Feb 15 2006, 07:08 PM)
    Scour Craigslist. If there are any colleges in town (I'm assuming there are...?), see if they have the DailyJolt and check the Marketplace to see if anybody's selling tix. Go the day of the show anyway to see if anybody's selling tix in line.

Or just show up at the back door and beg Damian to let you in.

I just called 1st ave and they said that they had 5-10 tix left to sell at the door. I just have to get there sups early.

This show is apparently called the "Super Secret Super Sold-out Show".

But I have a prior commitment (that I completely forgot about) and I'm now debating whether to go.

Brave the frigid MN weather for an hour outside to maybe not even get to see the show while being a huge bag of douche.

Or

Go perform at the Jazz concert and maybe miss out on something legendary.

GAAHAH. I hate this.
  • QUOTE (Connyfoo @ Feb 15 2006, 03:15 PM)
    I just called 1st ave and they said that they had 5-10 tix left to sell at the door.  I just have to get there sups early.

This show is apparently called the "Super Secret Super Sold-out Show".

But I have a prior commitment (that I completely forgot about) and I'm now debating whether to go.

Brave the frigid MN weather for an hour outside to maybe not even get to see the show while being a huge bag of douche.

Or

Go perform at the Jazz concert and maybe miss out on something legendary.

GAAHAH.  I hate this.

Decisions decisions!!!
  • go to the gig

i would
  • Definitely go to the gig. Jazz performances come and go, but this is a rare opportunity ..unless the jazz performance is super important. And then forget about the show.
  • Hmm, I don't know. MCS shows in Minneapolis are always COMPLETELY INSANE. They've got a very dedicated home crowd there... if you're willing to get there really early, and deal with rabid MCS fans the whole night, then go for it.
  • Ach, I didn't. I was already in deep with my band instructor and we had some hot shit big profile band come play with us...and I had to solo and GAAAH.

But whatevs. MCS fans have bad hair and smell funkay.

I'll wait until the summer.
  • A friend of mine went to the show, and apparently MCS were taping it, so that's why it was a big deal to their fans.
  • hey i went to this show and it was my first time seeing ok go and let me just say they were absolutely amaaaaaaazing

i actually went to the show because i am obsessed with plain white t's, but ok go had the best performance by far [better than mcs, too]

p.s. i took a video of the "a million ways" dance and you can watch it here

p.p.s. i read some other threads and you guys are really funny
  • welcome rocky!

stick around
  • thank you biggrin.gif i will
  • Hoorah! New boardie love!

Glad you had a great first OK Going experience (but then again, it takes a lot of effort to not have fun at a gig).
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Feb 18 2006, 11:50 PM)
    Hoorah!  New boardie love!

Glad you had a great first OK Going experience (but then again, it takes a lot of effort to not have fun at a gig).

or alot of brendon benson
  • QUOTE (rocky @ Feb 18 2006, 03:24 PM)
    hey i went to this show and it was my first time seeing ok go and let me just say they were absolutely amaaaaaaazing

i actually went to the show because i am obsessed with plain white t's, but ok go had the best performance by far [better than mcs, too]

p.s. i took a video of the "a million ways" dance and you can watch it here

p.p.s. i read some other threads and you guys are really funny

Yay newbies! And yay newbies who come bearing presents! I shall have to download the vid and watch later. biggrin.gif
  • hey now whats this about brendan benson? he was good when i saw him back in may
  • Yes! MN represent!

Rocky - I heard that the show was sups exclusive because MCS was taping for a new music video...is there any truth to that?

And did the Go stay around afterwards?
  • QUOTE (Connyfoo @ Feb 19 2006, 04:01 PM)
    And did the Go stay around afterwards?

"the Go"? Hee hee hee.
  • yeah they taped it for the rerelease of their album (this might come out this summer?) and i think its gonna be like special features/enhanced cd or something

and idk if they stayed around after...one of my friends [a sophomore] had to be home by 10 and the show ended at like 10:10 so we had to get outta there

i cant wait to see ok go again though

they totally blew me away

i also have a few pictures [this is from the whole show]
    click for pictures

p.s. i am sorry i didnt know the band members' names when i made captions...except damian because someone yelled it out during the show
    someone wanna tell me who's who while we're at it?