In this Discussion

Album Endings

Comments

• who's back?
  • **shrugs**

Bye Bye Baby is the best song. Do you like "schizo" or "selfish" better? I think schizo works better in the context, but selfish has better flow.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Mar 28 2006, 01:49 PM)
    **shrugs**

Bye Bye Baby is the best song.  Do you like "schizo" or "selfish" better?  I think schizo works better in the context, but selfish has better flow.

I was so thrown off when I heard the "selfish and scared" version for the first time...I was like, "Damian sang the wrong word!"
  • I hadn't heard the original until 2 days ago so it sounded so weird to me that he was saying "schizo."
  • I haven't heard the original yet? Anyone care to link me?
  • I like Bye Bye Baby because it's a great pop song with good harmonies, but The House Wins kinda gives this sense of closure to the record..and it has a really good point..and yes there is that awesome quote...Bye Bye Baby kinda leaves you wanting more...it's so hard to choose.

http://s56.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3N7T37D...VE12H7FOT635CTG <That's the one with "selfish and scared" soo..this one I guess is the original?
  • Nope, the original lyrics are "schizo and scared" and they're on the yahoo account.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Apr 9 2006, 03:24 PM)
    Nope, the original lyrics are "schizo and scared" and they're on the yahoo account.

ok..I have both..I think I have like 3 versions..which one was he asking for then?

http://s63.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3MIC45D...113D9843RWXVHBA < "schizo and scared" one
  • I'm pretty sure he wants the "schizo and scared" ones.
  • I like schizo and scared better smile.gif Why do you figure they changed it?? Was it for PC reasons??? Cuz schizo, at least I feel, works much better in context
  • Yeah, I hadn't even heard the selfish version til I saw them in concert the first time lol. I was confused and surprised haha... That was a looooong time ago!
  • Yeah, schizo is not pc, but in context it makes a lot more sense.
  • I like the way the original sounds over all..the one on the CD sounds good but I like schizo and scared better and the background vocals on the original.
  • I like the way the newest version is produced, it sounds very polished.
  • You know, I was thinking about this in history class today and I decided that I would probably take 'Bye Bye Baby' way more seriously if I didn't know that Damian wrote it about his cat.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Apr 10 2006, 03:13 PM)
    You know, I was thinking about this in history class today and I decided that I would probably take 'Bye Bye Baby' way more seriously if I didn't know that Damian wrote it about his cat.

Haha. That's a good point. But I still think it's a great song, no matter what it's written about.
  • Dude, I didn't know that!!!! OMG, now I don't know if I like it so much, but maybe I like Damian more!

Wait, how does the chorus relate to a cat?
  • From the Nylon featuuurrree...

And then there's "Bye Bye Baby," in which the love of the singer's life abandons him to chase her movie-star dreams.

"It's about my cat in high school. She was kind of a pissy little thing, but she loved me. I went away to school, and when I came back she was gone," he remembers. "My mom found a photo of her in a cat food ad, so I guess she ran away to Hollywood. The lyrics sound so cheesy up front, but I mean...they're about a cat."
  • Dude, my cat ran away just this past year when I went off to college, too! But my parents think that he ran away to die, what wonderful parents. What happened to, "Someone found him and now he's enjoying the wide open spaces of a farm?"
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Apr 11 2006, 08:06 PM)
    From the Nylon featuuurrree...
    And then there's "Bye Bye Baby," in which the love of the singer's life abandons him to chase her movie-star dreams.

"It's about my cat in high school. She was kind of a pissy little thing, but she loved me. I went away to school, and when I came back she was gone," he remembers. "My mom found a photo of her in a cat food ad, so I guess she ran away to Hollywood. The lyrics sound so cheesy up front, but I mean...they're about a cat."

My cat ran away when I moved back in 7th grade! It's so sad!

How was the cat the love of Damian's life, though....?