In this Discussion

ok go and the dresden dolls?!?

Comments

• I must vent. Not only is the Panic! tour stopping in my hometown 3 days before I'm home for the summer, Ok Go is playing 5 shows in TX and not one in New Orleans.
  • I'm hoping they'll be receiving my telepathic whining soon and play with them until the middle of July.
  • QUOTE (AttAcKofTheELVES @ Apr 3 2006, 06:12 PM)
    I don't know whether to see them next month on the 8th or on the 18th in June...I really like Panic!..and I don't really know that much about She Wants Revenge and The Lashes...this is a hard one..I think I should go to the one with Panic! in June..because then I can use it as a birthday present and I'll be out of school..Does anyone have any advice? I don't know which to choose.

Ah, I am in the exact same dilemma with the exact same shows. I'm not a big fan of P!ATD or She Wants Revenge, but I am going to try and go to both, even though.. I work the night of the 18th damn.

I'd really like to see OK GO play at La Zona Rosa, though.. what an awesome venue.
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Apr 3 2006, 01:50 PM)
    what festivle is that jen?
    ive never heard of the dresden dolls, am i missing out?

yes, you are definitely missing out.

coolest boston band ever. (well, besides the cars. tongue.gif ) (and Jon Frederick Band is also really freaking cool.)

edit: (and Harry and the Potters.) Go boston!
  • use

Dang, I was just seeing the filter on util ize and then I was going to delete this post... but I can't. sorry. unsure.gif
  • QUOTE (Kaylee @ Apr 3 2006, 10:00 PM)
    Ah, I am in the exact same dilemma with the exact same shows. I'm not a big fan of P!ATD or She Wants Revenge, but I am going to try and go to both, even though.. I work the night of the 18th damn.

I'd really like to see OK GO play at La Zona Rosa, though.. what an awesome venue.

I'll be at both the May and June shows for Austin and Dallas. La Zona will be awesome! Maybe I'll see you.
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Apr 3 2006, 09:09 PM)
    edit: (and Harry and the Potters.)

Word.
  • I love how H and the P's have allowed for a thousand other HP themed bands. Of course, none of them are nearly as good, but who cares? It's HP.
  • Wow, you're coming all the way down from Florida? Do you have family/friends down here?

and Harry and the Potters are the shizzzznit.
  • I'm from Austin but I go to school in Florida. I graduated from Westwood last year. Did you go to the OK Go show in March?
  • Yeah, I went to two. I went to the one at Emo's which was pretty insane. When I got out of that madhouse I was dripping from head to toe...bleck. But they also did a free show at this tiny little club in East Austin called Red Scoot's Inn and that was on the last Thursday of SXSW (maybe the 18th.) It was absolutely amazing! There was no room on the little deck/stage they were playing on to do their dance so they came down and danced amongst the people. Oh, that was fabulous.

Did you go to any in March?
  • I went to the one at emo's and the one at the gypsy ballrooom in dallas because it was during my spring break, but I had to go back to florida for school and went to the show in orlando where damian got arrested. I was soooooo pissed that I missed them out SXSW. Are you applying for the fan correspondant thing?
  • I really want to. I should have for the show at the Red's Scoot Inn, but I didn't find out until the morning of the show that I would be able to get in. So I was thinking about it for the 8th, but I don't think my digital camera can even record for 10 minutes. And then I don't know how I would get something so long uploaded on the computer. Hmm.

But what I wouldn't do to have a ten minute interview with... oh damn, I wouldn't be able to choose.

Are you going to apply?
  • QUOTE (Kaylee @ Apr 4 2006, 07:53 AM)
    I really want to. I should have for the show at the Red's Scoot Inn, but I didn't find out until the morning of the show that I would be able to get in. So I was thinking about it for the 8th, but I don't think my digital camera can even record for 10 minutes. And then I don't know how I would get something so long uploaded on the computer. Hmm.

But what I wouldn't do to have a ten minute interview with... oh damn, I wouldn't be able to choose.

Are you going to apply?

If I go...I could maybe lend you my camera (8hrs + of film)..I mean I would be too shy to say anything. But right now I'm not sure which one I'm going to.
  • Okay, so I just found out that my family will not be in Orlando until two days after the concert. tongue.gif And I wanted to wear the "Free Damian!" shirt I'm making to the HoB....
  • What is Panic!At the Disco like in concert? What can I expect if I go to their concert?
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Apr 4 2006, 07:57 PM)
    What is Panic!At the Disco like in concert? What can I expect if I go to their concert?

Lame songs?
  • I've only seen one music vid from "Panic!At the Disco" which was very theatrical and goth-ish. Are they a goth type a band?
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Apr 4 2006, 08:28 PM)
    I've only seen one music vid from "Panic!At the Disco" which was very theatrical and goth-ish. Are they a goth type a band?

No..they're like dance punk/pop..they kinda sound like FOB but better.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Apr 4 2006, 07:49 PM)
    Okay, so I just found out that my family will not be in Orlando until two days after the concert. tongue.gif And I wanted to wear the "Free Damian!" shirt I'm making to the HoB....

There's someone wearing one in this video.