In this Discussion

Haven't been on Okgo.net in a while

edited November -1 in OK Go
So, I haven't been on in a really long time. I was hoping you guys could fill me in. Did I miss anything too important? unsure.gif

Comments

• We've missed you mucho, so glad you're back! Well on Monday, we all decided to infiltrate the JC. We started a thread where we said nothing but gobbly gook and purposely misspelled the boys' names. We purposefully acted like mindless 13 year old fangirls. Someone in the process invented an imaginary new member of Ok Go named Inna, so Inna is our inside joke now. Another inside joke is to now on occasion to spell Damian's name: Hdaemeeen (with a silent H). A few days later the board went down for several hours, causing all of us to go crazy without it. We started a thread on JC to eleviate the stress of not having our precious board. The Official Ok Go Roach Broach society is taking in pictures from people would like to draw our mascot Roachie the Broachie. My name now has a silent K in front because I was dissapointed in myself for not having a "K" in my name like many of the other boardies do. Karleigh (Hellolover86) gave me the official silent k. So you can call me Tempe, Krose, Silent K, or Roach Girl. Finally, I got married and divorced twice and am now in the process of stalking my next hubby. (Sorry a lot of that for kind of me, me, me.) I'm sure there's a little more someone else could add to fill you in, but those are some of the highlights. biggrin.gif
  • You missed a lot of mindles insanity. Our usual, just turned up a few notches on the "CRAZY!!!" scale this time around.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Apr 14 2006, 09:13 PM)
    We've missed you mucho, so glad you're back! Well on Monday, we all decided to infiltrate the JC. We started a thread where we said nothing but gobbly gook and purposely misspelled the boys' names. We purposefully acted like mindless 13 year old fangirls. Someone in the process invented an imaginary new member of Ok Go named Inna, so Inna is our inside joke now. Another inside joke is to now on occasion to spell Damian's name: Hdaemeeen (with a silent H). A few days later the board went down for several hours, causing all of us to go crazy without it. We started a thread on JC to eleviate the stress of not having our precious board. The Official Ok Go Roach Broach society is taking in pictures from people would like to draw our mascot Roachie the Broachie. My name now has a silent K in front because I was dissapointed in myself for not having a "K" in my name like many of the other boardies do. Karleigh (Hellolover86) gave me the official silent k. So you can call me Tempe, Krose, Silent K, or Roach Girl. Finally, I got married and divorced twice and am now in the process of stalking my next hubby. (Sorry a lot of that for kind of me, me, me.) I'm sure there's a little more someone else could add to fill you in, but those are some of the highlights. biggrin.gif

Wow. What a good summary. Whan did the whole "K" thing start? I missed that!! Lol Here you can be Kelsey for a day and I will be Rose. I hate Kelsey... BLAH. Oh well my sister is named after a car so I cant complain too much. Lol. And sorry that was horribly off topic.
  • I'm named after a sappy '80s song. I'd take a car over that.
  • QUOTE (lightamatch4me @ Apr 14 2006, 11:13 PM)
    Wow. What a good summary. Whan did the whole "K" thing start? I missed that!! Lol Here you can be Kelsey for a day and I will be Rose. I hate Kelsey... BLAH. Oh well my sister is named after a car so I cant complain too much. Lol. And sorry that was horribly off topic.

I am Kelsey for a day! Yey! Hi Rose (Lightamatch4me). How cool to be named after a car, sounds like fun. But I guess I shouldn't jump to conclusions if your sister doesn't like it much.
  • sorry this is off topic, but are you guys able to get onto the juggling club?

and hello to everyone! my name is amanda (no silent letters sad.gif, not quite cool enough for that yet haha)
  • Hey, Kamanda. Hope you like it here.

Edit: Nah, JC isn't working for me either.
  • QUOTE (e 5170a @ Apr 14 2006, 11:35 PM)
    sorry this is off topic, but are you guys able to get onto the juggling club?

and hello to everyone! my name is amanda (no silent letters sad.gif, not quite cool enough for that yet haha)

Hi hi, A-girl. I can't get on the JC either. No fair! What is J O R G E pulling?
  • I would have been Mersades (sp). And if I was a boy I would have been K.C. My parents were quite determined to have a "K" in my name.
  • I like how I started the K revolution with Kikky not a month ago and it's now grown to this magnitude. I give you all silent K's.
  • I don't want a silent K. I like that I'm named after a stupid 60s song by a guy who got married on the same day I was born (not year tho)... Life is good smile.gif
  • Jenn, you're above the Holy Trinity in Fan-ness so you don't need a K!
  • Thanks for the updates tongue.gif So, does anyone know if there are some new music videos?????
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Apr 15 2006, 05:27 PM)
    I like how I started the K revolution with Kikky not a month ago and it's now grown to this magnitude. I give you all silent K's.

does that mean I'm Kmeg? or Kmargaret? or how about Kmerg or Kmargarine? wht if I was Kmegret or Kmergwyn or even maybe Kmarge or Kmaggie?

...I have to many names, I'll just give up on the K thing.

Being an M means I'm an individual- I'm NOT following the trend of having a K in my name just like I'm not following the trend of having a Myspace.

...I win
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Apr 26 2006, 06:14 PM)
    does that mean I'm Kmeg? or Kmargaret? or how about Kmerg or Kmargarine? wht if I was Kmegret or Kmergwyn or even maybe Kmarge or Kmaggie?

...I have to many names, I'll just give up on the K thing.

Being an M means I'm an individual- I'm NOT following the trend of having a K in my name just like I'm not following the trend of having a Myspace.

...I win

You go girl! Be an individual! You're awesome. (Wanna join the Official OkGo Roach Broach Association? Lol, we're treated as an insane enigma by many for wanting to make Damian a living roach broach. Of course, if you do join then that means you will be apart of a group. I don't want you to lose your individuality. Bah! It's hard to be an individual. More power to you! Oh, and Happy Belated Birthday! biggrin.gif )
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Apr 26 2006, 09:21 PM)
    You go girl! Be an individual! You're awesome. (Wanna join the Official OkGo Roach Broach Association? Lol, we're treated as an insane enigma by many for wanting to make Damian a living roach broach. Of course, if you do join then that means you will be apart of a group. I don't want you to lose your individuality. Bah! It's hard to be an individual. More power to you! Oh, and Happy Belated Birthday! biggrin.gif )

Thank you, thank you, and of course I'll join your insane group! (just so long as we don't have to listen to Insane Clown Posse. ugh, some of my friends actually like that stuff.)

Can "La cucaracha" be our official theme song?
    Idea: we should kidnap Ok GO and make them do a wicked awesome cover of that song! then we'd put it on our newly made Myspace!
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Apr 26 2006, 06:47 PM)
    Thank you, thank you, and of course I'll join your insane group! (just so long as we don't have to listen to Insane Clown Posse. ugh, some of my friends actually like that stuff.)

Can "La cucaracha" be our official theme song?
    Idea: we should kidnap Ok GO and make them do a wicked awesome cover of that song! then we'd put it on our newly made Myspace!

I hereby make the phantommilk an official member of the Official OkGo Roach Broach Society *slams down the gabble*
    Yes, the Official OkGo Roach Broach Society is getting it's own myspace page, so any fun ideas to make the place creative and pretty will be appreciated. Post any ideas at the Ok Go Roach Broach thread. Lol, we'll definitely have to incorporate "La cucaracha" somehow. Our society's myspace page is actually an Ok Go fanpage, but a completely unconventional one.
  • if I had a myspace, I'd so totally help out.

Unfortunately, I tend to like speaking out against stupid (imho), addictive trends, so I don't have one and hopefully never will.

I use my brothers to check on bands and such. He doesn't actually mind.
    if I had a myspace, I'd so totally help out.

Unfortunately, I tend to like speaking out against stupid (imho), addictive trends, so I don't have one and hopefully never will.

I use my brothers to check on bands and such. He doesn't actually mind.

don't worry, you can always help out with ideas! We always need ideas! I also am against addictive trends but I somehow got lured into it. It was just too much. I had to give into it. The roach allure just kept coming and unfortunately I was too weak. The roaches overtook me and brainwashed me with their little tentacles saying you must create a myspace page. You must. or we will eat you alive! And so here we are today.
  • It's okay, I don't blame you.
    All of my friends have 'spaces, but I don't.
    Plus a Roach Broach Society myspace is just way cooler than your average 'space.

so it works out.

Ideas, huh?

Well, I had the "La cucaracha" idea, didn't I? other than that, I can't think right now- I wasn't in school all day today and I don't want to even start thinking. I'll come up w/ more over the weekend, k?