In this Discussion

AUSTIN, TX JUNE SHOW. TICKETS?

edited November -1 in OK Go
I called Waterloo Records on Sunday and I was asking about the tickets and they're like yeah, we're selling those. Today (Monday) my mom got me from school and she said, "do you want to go get your tickets for OKGO?" and I was like, "no.. I'll get them tomorrow." So I just looked at the PATD WEBSITE AND NOW THEY ARE SOLD OUT. AHHH. KILL ME NOW. It's the June 18th show at La Zona Rosa with Panic! At The Disco.

So if anyone isn't able to make it to the Austin show or has friends who can't go or just somehow.. have an extra ticket.. or two.. or three. Puhlease let me know. I was making something really groovy for the guys, too!

Thanks,
Kaylee

Comments

• QUOTE (Kaylee @ May 1 2006, 10:57 PM)
    I called Waterloo Records on Sunday and I was asking about the tickets and they're like yeah, we're selling those. Today (Monday) my mom got me from school and she said, "do you want to go get your tickets for OKGO?" and I was like, "no.. I'll get them tomorrow." So I just looked at the PATD WEBSITE AND NOW THEY ARE SOLD OUT. AHHH. KILL ME NOW. It's the June 18th show at La Zona Rosa with Panic! At The Disco.
    So if anyone isn't able to make it to the Austin show or has friends who can't go or just somehow.. have an extra ticket.. or two.. or three. Puhlease let me know. I was making something really groovy for the guys, too!

Thanks,
    Kaylee

Oh no! The same thing happened to me regarding Dallas and Houston, and I was excited to meet you at the Austin show! Dude, that sucks. I only have my one ticket, which means I'll be going by myself, and that'll be weird.
  • I'm going to have to devise a plan of some way to get in if I can't get tickets..
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ May 1 2006, 11:03 PM)
    Oh no! The same thing happened to me regarding Dallas and Houston, and I was excited to meet you at the Austin show! Dude, that sucks. I only have my one ticket, which means I'll be going by myself, and that'll be weird.

I've gone to OK Go shows by myself. It's not too weird. You bond with all the people around you, it's pretty cool. Though I suppose them opening and not headlining changes that a bit...
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ May 2 2006, 12:07 AM)
    I've gone to OK Go shows by myself. It's not too weird. You bond with all the people around you, it's pretty cool. Though I suppose them opening and not headlining changes that a bit...

It's going to be weird because of all the flipping moshers and SQUEEING GIRLS!
  • I always end up standing alone in the crowd. Last time I saw OkGo Ryan made the excuse he couldn't take his bag in there (weeeeeak!!!) SO I went to the front alone haha smile.gif
  • Kick them.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ May 2 2006, 03:10 PM)
    Kick them.

Who, the squeeing girls? For serious. I had these annoying teenyboppers next to me and behind me at the NoHo show, but it wasn't so bad after a while, 'cause we started talking to each other and they were pretty okay.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ May 2 2006, 03:12 PM)
    Who, the squeeing girls?

Yeah, but only if they're smaller than you. And don't have sharp nails.

I, on the other hand, got stuck beside a bunch of rail-thin indie kids with straightened hair talking about how OK Go must suck because they've never heard of them. >.<
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ May 2 2006, 03:17 PM)
    Yeah, but only if they're smaller than you. And don't have sharp nails.

I, on the other hand, got stuck beside a bunch of rail-thin indie kids with straightened hair talking about how OK Go must suck because they've never heard of them. >.<

Ouch. Wouldn't not hearing of them make them better to an indie kid than actually hearing of them, though? Like, that doesn't make sense in my head...
  • As indie kids, elitist ones at that, most of them feel like bands need their permission and approval to exist, so if one slipped through the cracks, they're like "UNNGGH WHEN IS CONTROLLER.CONTROLLER GONNA BE ON!!!1"
  • Ok..regarding the show..is there no possible way to get tickets still? I don't know if I should trust a site asking for $90 for one ticket. I need at least two tickets, but I can maybe go by myself..so I need one.
  • QUOTE (AttAcKofTheELVES @ May 2 2006, 04:15 PM)
    Ok..regarding the show..is there no possible way to get tickets still? I don't know if I should trust a site asking for $90 for one ticket. I need at least two tickets, but I can maybe go by myself..so I need one.

Craigslist! Unless that's said site.

Edit: I found this ad up there, but it's $65/ticket...
  • Thank you so much..I'm gonna email them and see if they still have them. You have brought my hopes up.
  • QUOTE (AttAcKofTheELVES @ May 2 2006, 04:39 PM)
    Thank you so much..I'm gonna email them and see if they still have them. You have brought my hopes up.

Yay! Glad to have helped. That's probably your best and cheapest bet right now- I looked on eBay, and they're all going for about $140 for two tickets or more.
  • Yeah, I saw that Craigslist one. 65 is just too high for poor-young me. I have a month to find tickets though.
  • QUOTE (Kaylee @ May 2 2006, 06:29 PM)
    Yeah, I saw that Craigslist one. 65 is just too high for poor-young me. I have a month to find tickets though.

You'll find something, I'm sure. The closer we get to the show date, the more tix will probably be listed in various places.

Edit: 1600th post, woohoo.
  • ah, tough beans. but it's at stubbs... and that's not exactly my favorite austin venue. too many drunk college kids scarfing down barbecue and that one fat hippie guy who's always there dancing and climbing trees. la zona rosa is ten times better. smile.gif
  • QUOTE (untidytowns @ May 2 2006, 07:49 PM)
    ah, tough beans. but it's at stubbs... and that's not exactly my favorite austin venue. too many drunk college kids scarfing down barbecue and that one fat hippie guy who's always there dancing and climbing trees. la zona rosa is ten times better. smile.gif

blink.gif
  • It's Austin, Katy, it's no use trying to explain.
  • They haven't emailed me back sad.gif I really really want tickets..please if anyone sees anything else let me know anything below $120..I'm ok with.

Is there anyone sure they're going? If I go..I'm gonna probably be alone..maybe we could all meet up.