In this Discussion

The offical British thread

Comments

• QUOTE (Fionnuala @ May 17 2006, 03:20 PM)
    Haha. How did I know that name would come up as soon as I mentioned Irishmen? tongue.gif

Because I'm that predictable? biggrin.gif
  • I'm a Jonathan Rhys-Meyers fan. Cillian Murphy is hot as all get out...but JRM is my original Irishboy.
  • its the accent and the maners.
  • so not everyone can be crazy cool and such like me

point in example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1WXL67X2IA...h=Daz%20Sampson

also this is why the rest of the world hates us in the euro vishon contest

also this is why white men should never rap
  • SHUT IT! Buck 65 raps just fine thank you. Also Classified... and em be white... i guess you were only talking bout brits... you best of been
  • Hey, I like Rooney. What's wrong with it? He's a good player and he's kinda adorable tongue.gif.

As for #4, is he really HFoC Andy? I've been thinking he's a podgy spotty boy with glasses.
  • #4 is david beckham =p

the last one is that hfoc..
  • Beckham used to be cute.

Now he's just meh.
  • The Brits do make some damn good movies and tv shows (Kinky Boots, The Office) as well which makes us love them even more.

I have a friend who grew up in Ireland and his babysitter was Jonathan Rhys-Meyers.
  • QUOTE (QueenofthePosers @ May 19 2006, 12:55 PM)
    The Brits do make some damn good movies and tv shows (Kinky Boots, The Office) as well which makes us love them even more.

Yeah, I used to watch Are You Being Served?, Keeping Up Appearances, and Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em with my Nanny. Man, I was a lame third grader.
  • QUOTE (QueenofthePosers @ May 19 2006, 12:55 PM)
    I have a friend who grew up in Ireland and his babysitter was Jonathan Rhys-Meyers.

I'm pretty damn envious.
  • QUOTE (bettyNLBboop @ May 19 2006, 05:57 PM)
    I'm pretty damn envious.

And penny_lane's friend apparently gets walked home from the bus by Cillian....*more envious*

Okay, two more words as to why the Brits rock: real Cadbury's. The shit over here ain't the same.
  • haha i didn't know it was originally canadian, that's cool. jonthan rhys meyers babysitting makes me laugh. I like irish people too, in fact i own a ridiculous amount of irish films due to cillian and jonny.
  • i'd also like to add the show "Qi" to the reaons british people rock. it can replace Ed vs. Spencer
  • QI is the best show ever!

all hail alan davis
  • ok I couldn't be bothered to read most of this thread. But I think the reason that americans like the english is the same reason that the english like americans, and women with big boobs want small boobs and vice versa. And that answer is - nobody is ever happy with what they've got.

oh and also, i dont think this applies to what we british deem as the typical british black man IE. a guy who likes to think he is american, talks like a total retard, walks round with his trousers under his arse, goes round in gangs and basically acts like a complete fucking cock. I think the generalisation is based on the white middle class ideal... which also appeals to most english girls.

oh and also, I don't really know why you called this the official british thread.... there are so many better things that could've gone under that title than asking why american women like english guys.......
  • QUOTE (The End Has No Jen @ May 22 2006, 07:12 PM)
    women with big boobs want small boobs and vice versa. And that answer is - nobody is ever happy with what they've got.

I like my E's, thank you very much. wink.gif
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ May 22 2006, 05:45 PM)
    I like my E's, thank you very much. wink.gif

laugh.gif Well, E rhymes with tea. I want some tea and cookies right now.
  • Hhahahahaha, could tie back to the original theme, Tempe! biggrin.gif
  • Jen is right on that. But I really do fancy the Brit accent, along with a few here and there, but the british have a certain appeal, what that is I'll just have to figure out. And like everyone has said, many brilliant shows hail from there, plus all the damn biggest greatest bands are from there.

Good pic of Dom I love me some hobbits, though I'm too tall for them =\ haha yes I'm queer.

And the slang is ubber weird, so that's s big plus I guess, it's crazy what my uk friends have taught me, it quite frankly scares me a bit.... no not really, I'm a freak for you guys.

And andy pandy... wandy?... I love your picssy smile.gif