In this Discussion

Dream concert/tour

Comments

• QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Jun 27 2006, 05:21 PM)
    As much as I love OK Go headlining, I think they'd need to open. They have a lot of energy, but it'd be way too hard to beat out Gogol Bordello.

That's what I think too. I have a feeling it'd be like the Weezer/Foo Fighters tour. Both are amazing bands, but Weezer is just a better opener.

Can you imagine the pure electric ENERGY that would be at that concert? Beautiful.
  • Ahh, Foozer.
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Jun 27 2006, 01:42 PM)
    Can you imagine the pure electric ENERGY that would be at that concert? Beautiful.

It would be so beautiful. It would just build and build.....we'd all get so doused in sweat, water, and single-malt whiskey...OMG CAN YOU IMAGINE EUGENE JUMPING ONSTAGE DURING OK GO'S SET? That would be a thing of beauty.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Jun 27 2006, 05:45 PM)
    Ahh, Foozer.

haha. My friends went to the concert (I was unable to due to work. Poop.) and apparently they were near a kid who was like, "WEE FIGHTERS!? FOOZER?! ARE THEY, LIKE, NEW BANDS?!" All my friends were very much, "um... why are you here?"

QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Jun 27 2006, 09:12 PM)
    It would be so beautiful. It would just build and build.....we'd all get so doused in sweat, water, and single-malt whiskey...OMG CAN YOU IMAGINE EUGENE JUMPING ONSTAGE DURING OK GO'S SET? That would be a thing of beauty.

Oh my lord. He would too in a fit of drunken glory. Ooooh Eugene. Oh oh oh, or the Gogol girls dancing up with the OK Go boys. That older violinist just rockin' out. Ahhh, I'm getting excited just at the concept of both of them on the same stage.
  • haha. i hated the term "foozer." i sat on the lawn during that concert and only stayed for weezer. rivers started to beat himself with the microphone stand and roll around on the stage during "el scorcho." oh, and foo fighter fanatics kind of irk me.
  • Yeah, I'm glad I caught them on the Pixies tour instead. And that Pixies closed the show. Rivers pre-"I'm being taped for a DVD so I should seem excited about this" should never, ever follow Frank Black.
  • Ben Folds. OK Go. Scissor Sisters. Franz Ferdinand.

P.S You're Right. This Is Cruel. status

P.P.S 1,580 posts
  • agh! i wanted to see them with the pixies but they didn't come anywhere near my city. can you believe frank black is opening for the foo fighters now??
  • I wanted to go to that Foo fighters/ weezer tour... Hot Hot Heat was also on that! and That would have blown my mind if I were able to wittness all that awesome.

ok my dream tour/concert/festival...

The Trews, Ok Go, Buck 65, Hot Hot Heat, Billy Talent, MSTRKRFT, Daft Punk, Imogen Heap, Weezer, Death From Above 1979, Death Cab for cutie, Franz Ferdinand, Wolfmother...

it also all has to be on the weekend, and the end of the last set must be before 11:00 so I can use the subway to get home before it closes. OR the ideal situation would be for them to play in my Backyard... untill the sun comes up.
  • QUOTE (agentnumone @ Jun 28 2006, 10:51 PM)
    I wanted to go to that Foo fighters/ weezer tour... Hot Hot Heat was also on that! and That would have blown my mind if I were able to wittness all that awesome.

ok my dream tour/concert/festival...

The Trews, Ok Go, Buck 65, Hot Hot Heat, Billy Talent, MSTRKRFT, Daft Punk, Imogen Heap, Weezer, Death From Above 1979, Death Cab for cutie, Franz Ferdinand, Wolfmother...

it also all has to be on the weekend, and the end of the last set must be before 11:00 so I can use the subway to get home before it closes. OR the ideal situation would be for them to play in my Backyard... untill the sun comes up.

Take Wolfmother, I don't want them
  • ewww i saw this other austrailian band... they suck majorly... the gripes or something? i cant remember... just make sure they stay away from Canada, and I'd gladly take wolfmother... actually give me wolfmother no matter what.

And god... did you actually listen to the album? because its fricken awesome.
  • Um.
    Foo Fighters (again), Hot Hot Heat, Billy Talent, Phantom Planet, The Velvet Teen, The Cloud Room, OK Go, The Velvet Teen, Three Days Grace, Rooney, The Raconteurs, MIA, Bon Jovi, The Kissing Tigers.
    And the Beatles of course. But that's near impossible.
  • QUOTE (untidytowns @ Jun 28 2006, 07:58 AM)
    agh! i wanted to see them with the pixies but they didn't come anywhere near my city. can you believe frank black is opening for the foo fighters now??

I die a little inside every time I read about that.
  • a final libertines world tour would be awesome. i miss them. fucking pete.
  • okie i have been thinking bout this for a while... here are a few that would make my head expload

1. Buck 65 opening for Bloodhound Gang + Beastie boys (stop with your Bestie hate'in folks!)

2. Beck + Joel Plaskett + Ted Leo and the pharmacists

3. Barenaked ladies + Jason Mraz

4. No Doubt + Reel Big Fish
    (i always wanted to see No Doubt live... i think the dream is dead now...only I want to see RBF sing thier "we hate it when our friends become successful" cover right in ND's face!, btw... im looking for an mp3 of this, give it to me if you find it...)

5. U2... with optional New Order, hehe!

last but not least... Ok Go! I wanna see a FULL Ok go show... preferally NOT with Panic!ATD... tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (sweetness @ Jul 4 2006, 09:40 PM)
    a final libertines world tour would be awesome. i miss them. fucking pete.

Hey i'd like to bet it wouldn't be worth it. When I saw the Libs Pete was seriously starting to be a nob, I saw the first of a 3 day stint, and by the third night he had an enoooormous strop and just like, walked off. I met my boyfriend that night. Yay. But still Pete = selfish and eternally stupid...

Do you prefer babyshambles or dirty pretty things then? because I can't stand babyshambles, but i adore dpt, they're so libertinesque of the good old days... (and not the song, hah)
  • QUOTE (AndiBOT @ Jun 25 2006, 03:48 PM)
    Okay, this festival would kick ass big time...what would you call it?

rock 'n' the country!!!!

lol sorry it took me ages < not to think it up just haven't visited this thread for some reason, don't know why, i think i forgot i poskted
  • dirty pretty things is sooooo good! bang bang your dead is a sweet ass song for sure
  • Ladies and gentlemen, it is AndiBot's birthday. Now! Show her some love!

tongue.gif biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Jul 9 2006, 02:37 PM)
    Now! Show her some love!

*shows some leg*
    oh, wait, you said love...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANDIBOT!!!