In this Discussion

truth in music

Comments

• QUOTE (wedugahole @ Sep 8 2006, 01:50 PM)
    if u said that then u r a true legend......that wud have been hillarious to watch. hahaha

It was more of an accident that I said it. My dentist was doing his final check, and I was thinking and laughing to myself about the truth in dentistry. Then he asked, and it kind of slipped out. I thought it was funny.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Sep 8 2006, 07:08 PM)
    It was more of an accident that I said it. My dentist was doing his final check, and I was thinking and laughing to myself about the truth in dentistry. Then he asked, and it kind of slipped out. I thought it was funny.

dont worry so do i tongue.gif
  • The office one's my favorite.

I love the others mentioned too.
    I also really love the Yahtzee one. "This game of Yahtzee has lost its appeal" KILLS me.
    And I love Andy in the snack one: "What kinda crap is that?"
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Sep 9 2006, 06:56 AM)
    The office one's my favorite.

I love the others mentioned too.
    I also really love the Yahtzee one. "This game of Yahtzee has lost its appeal" KILLS me.
    And I love Andy in the snack one: "What kinda crap is that?"

the one where it says 'IF U WANT TO JOIN THE ARMY CALL SGT MATHEW CUNK'
    is pure genius.
  • the clown one is my favorite
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Sep 9 2006, 01:56 AM)

Did you know the girl in that one is Dan's ex-girlfriend that broke his heart? Yeah, it's really sad, but now he's getting married, so I guess it doesn't matter anymore.
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Sep 9 2006, 01:50 PM)
    Aw ...

Yes sad.gif
  • My favorite is a tie between the 1-800 number and the the one with Tim showing children how to stretch.
  • "Come on, Julian, look at me!"
  • They got to know about fitness!

I was thinking about how in interviews Damian would talk about writing the Truth in Music songs in all of these different styles. Which songs do you guys think were influenced by what styles or bands?
  • Hmm, I think old soul music might have been an influence. Then maybe some 80s.
  • Well, he's referred to the "P.O. needs a dollar amount" song as REO Speedwagon-esque.
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Sep 9 2006, 05:40 PM)
    Well, he's referred to the "P.O. needs a dollar amount" song as REO Speedwagon-esque.

You saying that made me imagine Damian screaming "crap" at the top of his squeeky lungs. Hee hee. laugh.gif
  • My fav one has got to be the dentist one. For those of you who don't already know, I am a dental student. When we learned how to do injections, we practiced on each other. There were not enough classmates, so I got to inject the teacher. The whole time I was quoting, in a rather loud voice, phrases from Tim the dentist. I even sang the "later I'm gonna cap your teeth" part, but without the moaning. The teacher thought I was nuts. He looked terrified. Twas fun.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Sep 9 2006, 06:33 PM)
    My fav one has got to be the dentist one. For those of you who don't already know, I am a dental student. When we learned how to do injections, we practiced on each other. There were not enough classmates, so I got to inject the teacher. The whole time I was quoting, in a rather loud voice, phrases from Tim the dentist. I even sang the "later I'm gonna cap your teeth" part, but without the moaning. The teacher thought I was nuts. He looked terrified. Twas fun.

If I lived in Tempe, I'd let you practice on me. But since I don't, I can't.

Hmm, maybe that's a blessing in disguise.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Sep 9 2006, 05:01 PM)
    If I lived in Tempe, I'd let you practice on me. But since I don't, I can't.

Hmm, maybe that's a blessing in disguise.

Lol! No no, you know you want me. I'll cap your teeth for you. Put on some fine grills. Yeah, you know what I mean....if you know what I mean, I wish you'd explain cause I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about. laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Sep 9 2006, 08:10 PM)
    Lol! No no, you know you want me. I'll cap your teeth for you. Put on some fine grills. Yeah, you know what I mean....if you know what I mean, I wish you'd explain cause I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about. laugh.gif

Could you make me a ghetto grill?
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Sep 9 2006, 05:14 PM)
    Could you make me a ghetto grill?

My school kinda frowns on that sorta thing, but I could easily arrange for you a mighty fine ghetto grill.
  • QUOTE (Jellobomb @ Sep 9 2006, 09:07 AM)
    the clown one is my favorite

I like the clown one, too, because the part where he's on the train -- I ride through that stretch of L on my way to work every day.

"I wanted you to see my heart art."