In this Discussion

No Skinny Minnies

2»

Comments

• OOORRRR... you could just accept yourself and like yourself for who you are and what you look like and not care what's walking on the runway
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Nov 12 2006, 08:18 PM)
    Skinny jeans, exactly. There are SOOOO few people who can (and should) where them. I was at an emo/scene show on friday night filled with all these 13 year olds. Of all the girls wearing skinny jeans, only a handful of them should have been. I know my fashion limits, I will never look good in skinny jeans. Skinny people should stay in fashion if it continues to have trends like this, but maybe fashion should change their trends so they look good on all figures. **shrugs** just a thought.

First of all, I totally understand what you're saying and this following argument isn't directed towards your opinion, I'm just ranting in general. With the skinny jean trend, very few people can pull off the look, however, the problem (in my opinion) lies not with fashion's need to change, but the fact that people are so damn stubborn about what they should be wearing.

You don't HAVE to follow fashion. If a trend looks good on you, then wear it, but is it really necessary? Why should you put yourself into something unflattering just fpr fashion's sake? It won't make you seem more trendy or hip, just like a conformist.

Also, I REALLY don't understand places like urban Outfitters. Yes, some of the clothes are very cute, but the "ironic" t-shirts that are mass produced? Now I'm angry because they're selling Holgas; every "indie" kid and his/her mother is now going to own that camera in the attempt to seem up with the trends. Seriously, some of my favorite t-shirts were bought at the salvation army for $2 and they last far longer than Urban Outfitter wear (granted, I'm not the most hip girl ever).

Something about the entire fashion industry makes me vaguely angry. In terms of "hip" clothing, I feel like very specific and rather awsome personal trends are mass produced and then just become repeditive.

OK, this made very little sense and I'm just procrastinating. Eh.
  • I know, I hate it when something unique is just played out

But personally, if the fat chick thinks she looks good in the skinny jeans... power to her man, she should wear what she wants.

that being said, I don't intend to buy any skinny jeans
  • QUOTE (Wolf359 @ Nov 19 2006, 02:39 AM)
    I know, I hate it when something unique is just played out

hahahah yes (I can't wear them because I already have ENORMOUS feet and it makes me look like a clown).

Or:

OR:

Or:

I love natalie dee so so much
  • You'd be nonconforming too if you looked just like me

(I'm not the only boy with sullied clothes and a sullen frown)
  • QUOTE (Wolf359 @ Nov 18 2006, 07:06 PM)
    You'd be nonconforming too if you looked just like me

(I'm not the only boy with sullied clothes and a sullen frown)

Ha, I love that song