In this Discussion

Paris Show 9.15.06!

Comments

• QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Sep 18 2006, 08:22 AM)
    Yeah, I'm sad that you were at the concert, becuase it was just amazing from start to finish. :/ But definitely go to the Avalon show! I'd be there if I wasn't in France, haha. You'll have a great time. And you know they're going to sing "The Fix Is In".....wink.gif

yep! I love that song to death, haha. I'm so excited.
    although I'm also very frustrated because my parents won't give me a definite answer until I have more info, and I have basically no info about this show.
    oh well. it should work out.
  • Arr. Remember kids..tomorrow is National Talk Like a Pirate Day! (Officially renamed "Talk like ARoss Day, cause his JJust-given initials are ARR")

Photo credits to Sheri and Kaylee.

I'm looking for an angry picture of Damian for the official club photo, gimme time kids..
  • this is the only one i can think of where damian looks angry.

one of my all time fave pics:
  • QUOTE (Kikky @ Sep 19 2006, 12:24 AM)

^^That totally looks nothing like his signature, fyi. Like, I could forge his signature and it'd look better than that. tongue.gif biggrin.gif

ARR! No one in France talks like a pirate. sad.gif
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Sep 19 2006, 08:29 AM)
    ^^That totally looks nothing like his signature, fyi. Like, I could forge his signature and it'd look better than that. tongue.gif biggrin.gif

Well. I'm sorry. I seemed to have lost my Damian Kulash "Don't piss me off and make me tell you to STFU on a piece of paper" font.

All I've got is the Andy's Chickenscratch and Tim's Flamboyant Fundidos fonts.

laugh.gif
  • I also like that there are giant white blotches where you very clearly got rid of what he'd actually written on that paper.

(this is making me laugh far more than it should.)
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Sep 19 2006, 11:53 AM)
    I also like that there are giant white blotches where you very clearly got rid of what he'd actually written on that paper.

You know...after tilting my computer screen...I also see those blotches.

SHAME KIKKY, SHAME!

I could do so much better than that!

That's it. After I find food, I'm redoing it.
  • On WifeSwap last night, this former cheerleader who is obsessed with her labelmaker and putting everything in the correct bins/drawers/shelves etc. had to go live with a family of real-life modern pirates. I laughed so hard.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Sep 19 2006, 03:51 PM)
    On WifeSwap last night, this former cheerleader who is obsessed with her labelmaker and putting everything in the correct bins/drawers/shelves etc. had to go live with a family of real-life modern pirates. I laughed so hard.

^^??

That was sorta' random....
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Sep 19 2006, 11:53 AM)
    I also like that there are giant white blotches where you very clearly got rid of what he'd actually written on that paper.

And do you know what he's saying on that paper??!??!?!

biggrin.gif haha, reason number 1 kaylee was my hero before i even met her.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Sep 19 2006, 08:29 AM)

THERE KATY. IS THAT BETTER?

I even changed his signature to be more Damian-esque.
  • QUOTE (Kikky @ Sep 19 2006, 04:10 PM)

THERE KATY. IS THAT BETTER?
    I even changed his signature to be more Damian-esque.

Eh. Only slightly. His signature now looks like a bad typeface.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Sep 19 2006, 03:42 PM)
    Eh. Only slightly. His signature now looks like a bad typeface.

...there's no pleasing you, is there?
  • QUOTE (Kikky @ Sep 19 2006, 05:19 PM)
    ...there's no pleasing you, is there?

Nope.

Why don't you put your ARR day powers to good use on this pic? Or are you just going to eat people instead?

wink.gif

(sorry, inside joke...)
  • QUOTE (CinnamonLips @ Sep 18 2006, 10:01 PM)
    this is the only one i can think of where damian looks angry.

one of my all time fave pics:

Let's get baked! Dan and the Kulash want to cook the other band members!

Jedi_grrlie, you are a good photographer! Don't be hard on yourself. You capture the moment of the event. So the boat never left the dock? How big a boat was it? So exciting.

BTW, I got my sis obsessed with ok go when she was here. I played her your answering machine message, that stars your personal secretary the Kulash. She thinks you're the coolest bravest person ever for getting him to do that. wink.gif
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Sep 20 2006, 08:37 PM)
    Jedi_grrlie, you are a good photographer! Don't be hard on yourself. You capture the moment of the event. So the boat never left the dock? How big a boat was it? So exciting.

BTW, I got my sis obsessed with ok go when she was here. I played her your answering machine message, that stars your personal secretary the Kulash. She thinks you're the coolest bravest person ever for getting him to do that. wink.gif

Awwww. Why thank you. smile.gif I try really hard. But still, yeah, not my best set of concert photos...

Nope, the boat apparently doesn't leave the dock. It would be cool if it did, but it might cause some problems- namely, "I want to get off and I can't!" It wasn't that big. I don't know the size but.....the actually stage/audience area was actually pretty small. Probably around the same size as the Middle East in Boston or the Iron Horse in NoHo. Definitely not as big as the Paradise or Irving Plaza.

That really means nothing for most you. I was going to post pics, but apparently they're redoing the website, so there aren't any up....

BAHA I fucking loved that voice message! Everyone else did....the first three times they heard it. By the end of the summer, my mom was like, "Do you know how annoying it is when you're really trying to get ahold of you and all you get is What's-His-Name saying, 'Katy doesn't want to talk to you, obviously..."

I'm really surprised Barry didn't just take a swing at Damian, for the number of times he's told him off when he called my phone over the summer. Hee.
  • So kind of in answer to Tempe's question, I just found this vid of the dance where you can see how small the stage is at le Batofar: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xZC7DrXyi0

Things to watch for:
    -Andy's general rambunctiousness
    -The bull fight in the background
    -Dan's, um, interesting new move behind Tim right before the last, "Oh, darling..." at the end of the song

And for those of you who want to see Damian grooving to Daft Punk (tres hilarious): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19md4st1aaY
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Sep 21 2006, 04:25 PM)
    -Dan's, um, interesting new move behind Tim right before the last, "Oh, darling..." at the end of the song

Hasn't he been doing that for awhile? I remember being creeped out by it on YouTube occasionally..
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Sep 21 2006, 04:38 PM)
    Hasn't he been doing that for awhile? I remember being creeped out by it on YouTube occasionally..

I guess I just never noticed it before....
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Sep 21 2006, 03:41 PM)
    I guess I just never noticed it before....

Yeah, I have a still picture of that, um... self gropage from last November. I'll see if I can find it.