In this Discussion

Tattoo you!

2»

Comments

• I do think that's an interesting idea, but what does it mean to you? If it's important to you than go for it. Who cares what other people think? Tattoos are an expression of you, not of other people.

And don't don't don't get anything you have doubts about.
  • QUOTE (QueenofthePosers @ Oct 21 2006, 06:11 PM)
    I do think that's an interesting idea, but what does it mean to you? If it's important to you than go for it. Who cares what other people think? Tattoos are an expression of you, not of other people.

And don't don't don't get anything you have doubts about.

That is a completely true point. I've been fascinated with cobras ever since I read Rikki-Tikki-Tavi when I was little. It's one of my favorite stories and though Nag and Nagaina are, for lack of better words, the "bad guys," I loved them. I like the symbol as a kind of protective and strong image. It's meant to intimidate in some ways, but I prefer to think of it as protecting.

And about the latter, I know, that's why I'm thinking about it very much. I'm not just going to jump into it without feeling like, "OK, this is definitely what I want and it means a lot to me." That's why I'm waiting. I'm going to see if I still feel as strongly about it a couple of months from now, then I'll more seriously consider getting it done. If the feeling wanes, I won't.

Thanks for the advice though, I really appreicate it. biggrin.gif
  • You know what you could do? Draw the symbol everywhere so you'll see it all the time--put it in your car, on your wall, near your computer--that way you'll know in a month or two if you're going to get sick of it or not.
  • QUOTE (QueenofthePosers @ Oct 21 2006, 11:24 PM)
    You know what you could do? Draw the symbol everywhere so you'll see it all the time--put it in your car, on your wall, near your computer--that way you'll know in a month or two if you're going to get sick of it or not.

Oh that's a great idea! I'll def. try this out. Thanks!
  • ... also if you really want it, try having someone draw it on the small of your back with a non toxic marker, then with a mirror see if you like how it looks and or ''feels''... and like Sarah said, if you're doubting it, don't get it. Tattoos are forever, and you should really think about it A LOT before you decide on getting one, because if you don't like the end resuld you're gonna regret it, and I think laser removal might be expensive, so yeah.
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Oct 21 2006, 01:09 PM)
    I'm thinking of getting a tattoo in the middle of my back, right above the small of my back.

Is it a stupid idea to get a very small tattoo of the mark that's on a cobra? Is that just lame?

I had a dream about getting a tattoo and I realized that I really wanted one, but I want something that I won't regret (for obvious reasons). Somehow, I think I would regret the one I'm thinking about.

Like this (w/o the cobra, just the marking):

Be honest.

Mmm, I like it, but I wouldn't get it on the small of your back. Guys have told me that they think a girl is kind of cheap if they get it there. Maybe get it on the back of your neck, I also think it would look cooler there.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Oct 27 2006, 11:12 PM)
    Mmm, I like it, but I wouldn't get it on the small of your back. Guys have told me that they think a girl is kind of cheap if they get it there. Maybe get it on the back of your neck, I also think it would look cooler there.

It wouldn't be on the small of my back per say, but rather closer to my shoulder blades. I feel like if I got it too far down, it could really risk it looking like a tramp stamp.

Really, I just wanted to write a sentence where I could use the phrase, "tramp stamp."
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Oct 29 2006, 02:07 PM)
    It wouldn't be on the small of my back per say, but rather closer to my shoulder blades. I feel like if I got it too far down, it could really risk it looking like a tramp stamp.

Really, I just wanted to write a sentence where I could use the phrase, "tramp stamp."

Hahahah, I like that phrase. The more I look at that cobra, the more I love the idea of that tattoo. Be sure to take pictures!