In this Discussion

iPod Shuffle Ad!!!

Comments

• It would be awsome that they did an ipod with like the vintage wallpaper on the outside and "ok go" written in the back of it...*dreams...*

QUOTE (mixtape @ Dec 11 2006, 08:55 PM)
    It's the cover of Beck's Sea Change album. Kids today..

ok mum i'll eat the soup and i'll pay more attention to the album's covers...i promise!! tongue.gif
    Thanks Kay wink.gif

spot the magic
  • Well, apparently only Europe is cool enough for the OK Go iPod ad.

Sorry, Yanks. wink.gif
  • Yeah, so, Apple must really love Ok Go, I guess. I love Apple. They make such good hardware and software!

And the fact that they like Ok Go just makes them cooler.

I was in the Apple store the other day, and they were playing "Here It Goes Again." My fiancée struggled to get me to stop dancing. =P
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Dec 12 2006, 02:34 AM)
    I don't think they will. I remember someone saying that it wasn't going to be fancy like the U2 one.

I don't think they would either, and personally I hope they wouldn't. It would be awesome, sure, but that seems to be taking things just a TAD too fast. We've already got the dVd; no need to rush on the electronics. smile.gif
  • Apple products are much better than Microsoft products. I just like Zens better than iPods.

Wait . . . Zens aren't even made by Microsoft. Nevermind.

But Columbia has an Apple store, I guess. I'll have to check it out sometime and look for anything OK Go related . . . that won't be until January, though.

OOOO, that's really neat, too, because the Prototypes are a French band.

Double bonus for the French, I suppose.
  • QUOTE (Lostgame @ Dec 12 2006, 09:45 AM)
    Yeah, so, Apple must really love Ok Go, I guess. I love Apple. They make such good hardware and software!

And the fact that they like Ok Go just makes them cooler.

I was in the Apple store the other day, and they were playing "Here It Goes Again." My fiancée struggled to get me to stop dancing. =P

Apple is AMAZING! I used to do Microsoft, but now that I've made the switch to apple, I love it (plus it's hard to be a photographer with a PC, or at least, harder)!
  • QUOTE (hyannah77 @ Dec 12 2006, 01:30 PM)
    Apple is AMAZING! I used to do Microsoft, but now that I've made the switch to apple, I love it (plus it's hard to be a photographer with a PC, or at least, harder)!

Yes, PCs aren't right for photographers.

that's why I need an Apple lap top instead of this Compaq . . .

I might return this one anyway, the hard drive is bad. sad.gif
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Dec 12 2006, 12:17 PM)
    Well, apparently only Europe is cool enough for the OK Go iPod ad.

Sorry, Yanks. wink.gif

Actually, I saw the ad on the side of two Verizon phone booths (or half booths, or whatever they're called) in midtown Manhattan this afternoon right at the intersection of 55th Street and Sixth Avenue.
  • I've seen the actual commercial for it many times. I havn't been able to tell what buttons are on it though. With any luck I'll run into some of the posters soon.
  • QUOTE (Jaded @ Dec 12 2006, 10:32 AM)
    Yes, PCs aren't right for photographers.

that's why I need an Apple lap top instead of this Compaq . . .

I might return this one anyway, the hard drive is bad. sad.gif

I agree, I know a couple of people who use PCs for photography, and personally, I think they're insane, I mean, Aperture for PCs doesn't even exist, and Aperture is wonderful and amazing! I <3 my macbook!
  • QUOTE (ihave7stars @ Dec 13 2006, 03:47 AM)
    Actually, I saw the ad on the side of two Verizon phone booths (or half booths, or whatever they're called) in midtown Manhattan this afternoon right at the intersection of 55th Street and Sixth Avenue.

All right, fine. We got it first, though. tongue.gif

I spotted this on the Redline platform last night. I got excited.

I really wanted to steal it. But fear of being hit by the train stopped me.
  • LOL! WOW!! SO CUTE!!

NO FEAR JADED! Or you should've waited for the train to pass? smile.gif Aw if I see it I'm gonna jack it too smile.gif
  • well a really good time to steal posters from the subway is in the early morning hours where the trains don't come so quickly. Maybe next weekend I'll take a trip to the Harrison line and swipe it.

Also, you have to be sneaky because there are CTA officers everywhere, which makes it difficult..
  • Ack, this conversation is scaring me now--no getting hit by trains for OK Go, Jaded!
  • not sure if this is the most apt place to put this but, there are ipod ads all over the subway in Boston and they have an uncanny similarity to Damian, I think (I took these with my phone, so might not be very clear, sorry):

And then I walk into the Apple store, and there's Tim's face. It's kinda blurry in my phone photo- second row, third from the left. I thought it was neat Tim's face is on their wall- I wonder if he knows he's an Apple superstar.

• Actually, these iPod ads are pretty overt references to Robert Longo's art work from the 1980s. Check it out: http://www.robertlongo.com/
  • QUOTE (sureeyesawake @ Apr 28 2007, 10:25 PM)
    Actually, these iPod ads are pretty overt references to Robert Longo's art work from the 1980s. Check it out: http://www.robertlongo.com/

whoah! that's cool! I had no idea- thanks!
  • I saw one in San Francisco when I was down there a few weekends ago. They have iPod ads EVERYWHERE.
    (Silicon Valley = home of the iPod?)