In this Discussion

Topic: Appreciation

2»

Comments

• How did I not see this thread the first time around? Don't worry Angela, this thread will stay alive!

Gracias a OK Go y a todos aquellos que estan involucrados en la gira. Si no fuera por ellos nada de esto seria posible. A las familias de todos los muchachos, ya que ellos son los que comparten a sus seres queridos con nosotros. Gracias por su musica que a entrado a mi vida y la a cambiado para siempre, de hoy en adelante no sabre vivir sin ella. Y por ultimo, gracias a el Señor J0rge, quien yo adoro. El nos mantiene informados de todo lo que sucede dentro de el mundo OK Go. Para mejor enseñarle nuestro agradecimiento, deberiamos de hacerle un gran pastel de chocolate tan dulce como el!

Los quiere,
    Lety

Translation:
    Thanks to OK Go and everyone involved in their lives, they are now a part of mine. Also, J0rge is the sweetest man in the world. THANKS!
  • QUOTE (ytel82 @ Feb 22 2007, 09:34 PM)
    How did I not see this thread the first time around? Don't worry Angela, this thread will stay alive!

Gracias a OK Go y a todos aquellos que estan involucrados en la gira. Si no fuera por ellos nada de esto seria posible. A las familias de todos los muchachos, ya que ellos son los que comparten a sus seres queridos con nosotros. Gracias por su musica que a entrado a mi vida y la a cambiado para siempre, de hoy en adelante no sabre vivir sin ella. Y por ultimo, gracias a el Señor J0rge, quien yo adoro. El nos mantiene informados de todo lo que sucede dentro de el mundo OK Go. Para mejor enseñarle nuestro agradecimiento, deberiamos de hacerle un gran pastel de chocolate tan dulce como el!

Los quiere,
    Lety

Translation:
    Thanks to OK Go and everyone involved in their lives, they are now a part of mine. Also, J0rge is the sweetest man in the world. THANKS!

I don't know why, but I didn't trust your translation so I took the liberty to translate it myself:

Give your body pleasure, Macarena. Because your body is for giving it pleasure and good things. Give your body pleasure, Macarena
    Ehhhh, Macarena

That was spicy.
    Oh wait never mind wrong translation. Yours did check out. Sorry for doubting you.

THANK YOU OK GO!!!! You guys along with your road crew work hard to put on great performances for us fans. Even when you say things like, "I think we sucked tonight," you don't truly know how great of performers you all are. I honestly have had the best time of my life with all of my OK Go adventures. I may give off a crazed fan girl/stalker vibe, but you guys are truly nice enough to be friendly. I hope that you keep at it for a long time and know that I will keep on buying your records...even if decided to test you creative talent and put out a hip hop record with Timberland. Thanks to Trish for being extremely awesome and having a unique creative mind. Thank you to all the family and friends. I would like to truly thank, from the bottom of my heart, the thing that creates the great performances...those red giant things that flop around like crazy. They never let down. I would also like to thank you for letting me meet some awesome people. These are the greatest bunch of people a gal could know.
  • QUOTE (Angela87 @ Feb 22 2007, 10:56 PM)
    I don't know why, but I didn't trust your translation so I took the liberty to translate it myself:

Give your body pleasure, Macarena. Because your body is for giving it pleasure and good things. Give your body pleasure, Macarena
    Ehhhh, Macarena

That was spicy.
    Oh wait never mind wrong translation. Yours did check out. Sorry for doubting you.
    THANK YOU OK GO!!!! You guys along with your road crew work hard to put on great performances for us fans. Even when you say things like, "I think we sucked tonight," you don't truly know how great of performers you all are. I honestly have had the best time of my life with all of my OK Go adventures. I may give off a crazed fan girl/stalker vibe, but you guys are truly nice enough to be friendly. I hope that you keep at it for a long time and know that I will keep on buying your records...even if decided to test you creative talent and put out a hip hop record with Timberland. Thanks to Trish for being extremely awesome and having a unique creative mind. Thank you to all the family and friends. I would like to truly thank, from the bottom of my heart, the thing that creates the great performances...those red giant things that flop around like crazy. They never let down. I would also like to thank you for letting me meet some awesome people. These are the greatest bunch of people a gal could know.

*tear* I'm a part of the greatest bunch of people?! Ok, I forgive you for doubting me. Just don't let it happen again mad.gif Unless of course you meant only the people you have physically met, then I don't forgive you for doubting me tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (ytel82 @ Feb 22 2007, 11:21 PM)
    *tear* I'm a part of the greatest bunch of people?! Ok, I forgive you for doubting me. Just don't let it happen again mad.gif Unless of course you meant only the people you have physically met, then I don't forgive you for doubting me tongue.gif

Lety that comment was for you! Gosh I thought you would be able to read in between the lines of my lengthy banters. I think of you as a sister who moved up North with her rebel boyfriend and never comes to visit. Mom wants you to come home for Easter by the way. No seriously I included you with that group people, unless you like Clay Aiken and then you might have to put on my list of borderline awesome people. Tabatha has been on that list for a while now for owning the Panic at the!(where ever that punctuation goes) disco CD.
  • QUOTE (Angela87 @ Feb 22 2007, 11:36 PM)
    Lety that comment was for you! Gosh I thought you would be able to read in between the lines of my lengthy banters. I think of you as a sister who moved up North with her rebel boyfriend and never comes to visit. Mom wants you to come home for Easter by the way. No seriously I included you with that group people, unless you like Clay Aiken and then you might have to put on my list of borderline awesome people. Tabatha has been on that list for a while now for owning the Panic at the!(where ever that punctuation goes) disco CD.

You're so sweet! I use to be an excellent "in between the lines"reader, but then OK Go came. I'm gonna have to practice harder! It's so nice of mom to think of me, considering all the things she said to me when my rebel bf took me away. Tell her I'll gladly come home for Easter if those pretty little eggs are filled with OK GO goodness.
    You are very wonderful person yourself! even more wonderful for putting up with Tabatha's Panic!(?) at the disco craze.

Also...

Thank You to all the OK Go Fans. You are all awesome and friendly. You are also pretty awesome/sneaky/FBI-ish at finding the coolest pictures, videos, interviews, and lots of other cool stuff!
  • Thank you to everyone who made OK Go the success that they are!

And a special thanks to:

Damian for his wit, looks, and all around badassness.

Tim for his suaveness and awsome dancing skillz

Dan for his kindness and his pretty eyes.

Andy for his cuteness and his wilingness to sacrifice his own socks just to get a picture with a fan.

And thanks to all four of them for their amazing music, that's helped me get through the past year.

(I thought of a fun drinking game! Take a shot every time you read a word that I added "ness" to! tongue.gif )
  • Dear OK Go,

Thank you for bringing awesome music to the lives of people everywhere, and thank you for being so witty and smart while doing it. Thanks very much for not letting your heads get too big and for still being nice to everyone. Most of all, thanks for being the best friends I never knew.

Love,
    Courtney
  • QUOTE (Angela87 @ Feb 23 2007, 01:56 AM)
    I hope that you keep at it for a long time and know that I will keep on buying your records...even if decided to test you creative talent and put out a hip hop record with Timberland.

Haha I would keep buyiing them too :]

QUOTE (mundum @ Feb 24 2007, 05:24 PM)
    Thank you to everyone who made OK Go the success that they are!

And a special thanks to:

Damian for his wit, looks, and all around badassness.

Tim for his suaveness and awsome dancing skillz

Dan for his kindness and his pretty eyes.

Andy for his cuteness and his wilingness to sacrifice his own socks just to get a picture with a fan.

And thanks to all four of them for their amazing music, that's helped me get through the past year.
    (I thought of a fun drinking game! Take a shot every time you read a word that I added "ness" to! tongue.gif )

Your 'thanks' remind me of Damian's acceptance speech :]

Dear OK Go,
    Thank you for everything. Seriously. Your amazing music, amazing shows, for being so nice, for making great videos, for helping me meet awesome people, and for just everything. I really hope one of you guys read this topic.
    Thanks again and again and again,
    Christine Batson
  • Oh, and thanks for being such a great live act. Going to your concert was like being shot out of a joy cannon at high speed. happy.gif
  • *bump*

Wanting to expand the diversity of my concerts (meaning, not only going to see OK Go play), I purchased tickets to see The Fratellis, a band from Scottland, who were opening up for Black Rebel Motorcycle Club. This was a big money buy for me since the tickets were $18 + service charges, and I was paying for 3 tickets. I purchased the tickets the day they went on sale. The concert is this Sunday, May 6th. Last week, after Coachella, The Fratelli's decided they were too "knackered" from their 2 years of touring and decide to take a couple weeks. So, stuck with 3 tickets to see BRMC (whom I haven't really listened to yet) I am upset because I feel let down by this band.

Which made me think that OK Go must be very hearty to endure 2 years plus of touring and they are still going and going and have yet missed a concert even if they were "knackered", tired, sick, jet lagged, hung over, or even if Damian ate too much BBQ and feels so nauseated he may throw up on the crowd.

So with this, I THANK YOU OK Go (and crew) for all that you have and are doing. I really, really appreciate everything you have given to us fans and because of it, we are truly loyal fans. Words cannot describe how much I appreciate that you guys are able to roll out of bed each morning and give us what we want and more. And THANK YOU OK Go's family and friends for sharing these wonderful guys with the world.

-Mia.
  • QUOTE (rocksugar @ May 4 2007, 10:51 AM)
    *bump*

Wanting to expand the diversity of my concerts (meaning, not only going to see OK Go play), I purchased tickets to see The Fratellis, a band from Scottland, who were opening up for Black Rebel Motorcycle Club. This was a big money buy for me since the tickets were $18 + service charges, and I was paying for 3 tickets. I purchased the tickets the day they went on sale. The concert is this Sunday, May 6th. Last week, after Coachella, The Fratelli's decided they were too "knackered" from their 2 years of touring and decide to take a couple weeks. So, stuck with 3 tickets to see BRMC (whom I haven't really listened to yet) I am upset because I feel let down by this band.

Which made me think that OK Go must be very hearty to endure 2 years plus of touring and they are still going and going and have yet missed a concert even if they were "knackered", tired, sick, jet lagged, hung over, or even if Damian ate too much BBQ and feels so nauseated he may throw up on the crowd.

So with this, I THANK YOU OK Go (and crew) for all that you have and are doing. I really, really appreciate everything you have given to us fans and because of it, we are truly loyal fans. Words cannot describe how much I appreciate that you guys are able to roll out of bed each morning and give us what we want and more. And THANK YOU OK Go's family and friends for sharing these wonderful guys with the world.

-Mia.

Beautifully put, Mia! You and I have already discussed this situation, so you know I feel the same way. OK Go are THE best!
  • biggrin.gif Very nice, Mia!

QUOTE (rocksugar @ May 4 2007, 01:51 PM)
    The Fratelli's decided they were too "knackered" from their 2 years of touring...

Wimps. dry.gif
  • QUOTE (rocksugar @ May 4 2007, 06:51 PM)
    So, stuck with 3 tickets to see BRMC (whom I haven't really listened to yet) I am upset because I feel let down by this band.

Ah, BRMC aren't too bad.. it's catchy stuff.
    Back on track... I wish I'd known this existed sooner, I feel bad now, so I'll add my two cents (or the UK equivalent).

Just a huge thanks to not only the guys, but everyone involved. To keep all this going for so long takes a hella lot of effort, so I guess it's only fair to say it's not for nothing -it's all very much appreciated. Thanks for not giving up on your touring, or for letting the huge successes of '06 go to your heads (even though if you did, I'd probably understand, I mean.. wow).

Also, a little side note for Tim, who made 2006 awesome by stopping to have a few words with my best friend & I after the Astoria gig, even though he was in a hurry -there's not many people that would do that- and for Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore & Milosh, who replied promptly when I was asking about details for the KOKO gig (even though I wasn't able to go in the end).

Finally, thanks to everyone on the boards -I know I don't post that much (that's just a paranoia thing) but you're all really nice, kind, funny and welcoming -oh, and understand that it's ok to be a little obsessive wink.gif
  • aw, how come I missed this thread?

um, I'd like to thank my parents for driving me three hours north and staying overnight at a sketchy motel just so that I could see Ok Go play the night before my birthday. Also my brother for buying the tickets and putting up with me as I waited around outside the bus, even though it embarrassed him a ton.

hmm.... obviously the boys for putting up with us and for touring and for trying so hard to always be there and be amazing.

and everyone else who's ever had anything to do with helping Ok Go on their way to glory and worldwide fame, haha.

and the board itself and the people on it because I didn't think nice boardies existed until I found this place a year and a half ago. damn, it's been a longlong time. and because the boardies may very well have decided my college choices for me haha.

I like this thread.... a ton. Its nice and simple and effective.