In this Discussion

Damian in Spin

Comments

• QUOTE (Marianna @ Dec 27 2006, 06:45 PM)
    I Like Damian in white.

Reminds me of Blur's video "The Universal" (as well as the Invincible video whiteness).

And blur's video reminds me of Stanley Kubrick's "A Clockwork Orange".

Oh yeah.
    wink.gif

That blur video is awesome, and so is The Stroke's video for "You Only Live Once," but please tell me I'm not the only one that was totally freaked out by the white scene in "Invincible?"
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Dec 27 2006, 04:38 PM)
    That blur video is awesome, and so is The Stroke's video for "You Only Live Once," but please tell me I'm not the only one that was totally freaked out by the white scene in "Invincible?"

yeah...I kind of was too. I mean I guess I like it...but idk. it's just kind of weird. and there's something with Damian where is doesn't look like him at all... blink.gif but maybe that's just me. haha and I always have to look away from the screen because I don't like when people stare at me! I still absolutely love that video though.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Dec 27 2006, 12:23 AM)
    Dude, Gnarls Barkley is a musical genius, and that's NOT personal taste, it's fact. His stuff sounds like nothing else out there, and he takes cues from REAL old music, like Rock N' Roll from the 50s and 60s, and even a little from Phil Spector's Wall of Sound.

woman PUH-LEEEZE

he may not be a genius, but carl barat would make gnarls barkleys collective babies call him daddy. FACT. and hes prettier and a snappier dresser.
  • QUOTE (crazyfrogg @ Dec 27 2006, 07:56 PM)
    yeah...I kind of was too. I mean I guess I like it...but idk. it's just kind of weird. and there's something with Damian where is doesn't look like him at all... blink.gif but maybe that's just me. haha and I always have to look away from the screen because I don't like when people stare at me! I still absolutely love that video though.

It's a good thing you looked away, crazyfrogg, because Damian is trying to hypnotize you. He's trying to make you buy their CD, drive over 4 hours to see them in concent, and spend all your time on fan bulletin boards! Hahahaha! laugh.gif (P.S. I didn't look away.)
  • QUOTE (rt802 @ Dec 25 2006, 01:38 AM)
    aww but guys in white suits are hott but even hotter with OK Go in it.. like the invincible video

Black suits are way better. It's a known fact.

woman PUH-LEEEZE

he may not be a genius, but carl barat would make gnarls barkleys collective babies call him daddy. FACT. and hes prettier and a snappier dresser.

Yes, Carl Barat is rather pretty.

I think the Crazy video is genius though. But it's not something I listen to really.

That photo of Damian in a paint elf suit is creepy! I like it.
  • QUOTE (crazyfrogg @ Dec 27 2006, 07:56 PM)

Dan looks fairly unhappy in that white shot, but the rest of the video is awesome. However, I was very sad when the drum set got blown up (I think we've had a thread on that topic before, i.e. What did the drumset do to deserve that? Well, they pushed me down stairs.)
  • QUOTE (sweetness @ Dec 27 2006, 08:52 PM)
    woman PUH-LEEEZE

Sure, Carl Barat is rather pretty and a good musician, but Gnarls Barkley (Cee-Lo especially) has something that that Carl doesn't: YEARS of experience and wisdom. Carl Barat is just a kid compared to Gnarls Barkley.
  • GASP!

you know sometimes older isnt always better (see:arctic monkeys)
  • QUOTE (sweetness @ Dec 27 2006, 11:17 PM)
    GASP!

you know sometimes older isnt always better (see:arctic monkeys)

Fine, that's true, but I still feel that Gnarls Barkley is better than Carl Barat, just as I believe The Beatles are better than The Rolling Stones, The Crystals are better than the Ronnettes, and The Postal Service is better than Death Cab for Cutie (although that comparison is slightly different since they're both Ben Gibbard).
  • QUOTE (dietpepsidrunk @ Dec 27 2006, 07:21 PM)
    It's a good thing you looked away, crazyfrogg, because Damian is trying to hypnotize you. He's trying to make you buy their CD, drive over 4 hours to see them in concent, and spend all your time on fan bulletin boards! Hahahaha! laugh.gif (P.S. I didn't look away.)

well too bad I'm still doing that anyway tongue.gif I mean, I'm planning an entire roadtrip around OK Go...
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Dec 28 2006, 05:50 AM)
    and The Postal Service is better than Death Cab for Cutie (although that comparison is slightly different since they're both Ben Gibbard).

totally agree!!!
    i want postal service back...sad.gif
  • QUOTE (Vinca15 @ Dec 28 2006, 01:52 AM)
    totally agree!!!
    i want postal service back...sad.gif

Ben has said numerous times that it won't happen, it was apparently just a one time thing. Also, both Jenny Lewis and Ben Gibbard having gotten pretty big since then (not to mention that other dude that mixed it all), so it would probably be impossible to get together again. My mom was upset when I told her this, she really likes "Nothing Better."
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Dec 28 2006, 07:24 AM)
    Ben has said numerous times that it won't happen, it was apparently just a one time thing. Also, both Jenny Lewis and Ben Gibbard having gotten pretty big since then (not to mention that other dude that mixed it all), so it would probably be impossible to get together again. My mom was upset when I told her this, she really likes "Nothing Better."

i knew that after seth from the o.c. got death cab for cutie so much publicity, postal service was dead. sad.gif
  • QUOTE (Vinca15 @ Dec 28 2006, 03:45 AM)
    i knew that after seth from the o.c. got death cab for cutie so much publicity, postal service was dead. sad.gif

Just another reason why the OC is ruining my life.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Dec 27 2006, 03:23 AM)
    If you think that's tacky, you should've seen the one he wore to his wedding, but I guess that could be considered personal taste. rolleyes.gif

Dude, it's pretty much exactly the same suit..
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Dec 29 2006, 01:10 AM)
    Just another reason why the OC is ruining my life.

chkl

i love the o.c. though
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Dec 29 2006, 12:30 AM)
    Dude, it's pretty much exactly the same suit..

Well, the wedding one was more off-white, and it was linen, or so I remember.
  • is there like a picture of this wedding thing, since all of you guys have seen it?
  • QUOTE (porifera @ Dec 30 2006, 02:39 PM)
    is there like a picture of this wedding thing, since all of you guys have seen it?

That's what I was wondering. People are acting like they went to the wedding or something...
  • QUOTE (crazyfrogg @ Dec 30 2006, 07:03 PM)
    That's what I was wondering. People are acting like they went to the wedding or something...

ya exactly