In this Discussion

Sennheiser's 9th Annual Dealer Appreciation Party w/OK Go

Comments

• QUOTE (ytel82 @ Jan 21 2007, 09:47 PM)
    How could your mom hate Andy!? He is sooooo cute! I'm so glad you finally met him though.....did he tell you all about his secret FBI missions or is that still top secret?

Ah, she didn't like him because well, the first time we could have met him he walked away, and I explained it dramatically. The second time he left a different direction, the third time he drove away, the fourth time vanished into thin air.

And, I was too much of a bumbling idiot to tell him about our FBI theory.
  • QUOTE (Angela87 @ Jan 22 2007, 11:02 AM)
    Welcome to the boards! We like to say, metaphorically speaking, that we have grown balls with our many OK Go adventures. If this was our first one we may have given up, but we decided what the heck we've done it before.

Heh. I'll have to learn to be more perserverant next time (and grow some balls, also metaphorically speaking).

BTW, I think I saw you at the UCSD concert on December 1st of last year. I was like 2nd/3rd row.
  • QUOTE (oknat @ Jan 22 2007, 04:34 PM)
    Heh. I'll have to learn to be more perserverant next time (and grow some balls, also metaphorically speaking).

BTW, I think I saw you at the UCSD concert on December 1st of last year. I was like 2nd/3rd row.

We were at that concert! Actually, it's another one we snuck in to, well not so much snuck in but we trickily found out way in. Lets just say, we aren't students, and that concert was for students only.

If you remember, I'm the one who handed Damian the picture of their old logo on it!
  • QUOTE (Redstar7 @ Jan 23 2007, 12:22 AM)
    We were at that concert! Actually, it's another one we snuck in to, well not so much snuck in but we trickily found out way in. Lets just say, we aren't students, and that concert was for students only.

If you remember, I'm the one who handed Damian the picture of their old logo on it!

You guys are like the masters of deception. Like ninjas. Haha.

Yes, I remember. And then he started talking about how the last time he used crayons was that morning or something. I don't know, I was a bit confused by the randomness of that. It was cute that he dedicated HIGA to you after that.
  • QUOTE (oknat @ Jan 23 2007, 10:01 AM)
    You guys are like the masters of deception. Like ninjas. Haha.

Yes, I remember. And then he started talking about how the last time he used crayons was that morning or something. I don't know, I was a bit confused by the randomness of that. It was cute that he dedicated HIGA to you after that.

Yeah, I have a video of it online, you can see it here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=uphVlVGRX8w&amp...3D2&index=8

Ah, I have told everyone I know about him dedicating that to me, even my great grandma. It's sad, really.
  • QUOTE (Redstar7 @ Jan 23 2007, 12:22 AM)

omg that was you??? dude i remember thinking man this girl is aggressive - i wish i could be like her!! cool.gif

that was like my first encounter of ok go awesomeness haha before that i sadly only knew them as the treadmill guys and to think that i ALMOST didnt go!! but in the end i did and i felt so stupid because i forgot my camera and all i had taken with me was my phone and student ID card, so i couldn't buy a tshirt!!! i was so sad =/ but its okay i'll buy one on the tour with snow patrol!

and you are soooo lucky they dedicated HIGA to you! did u talk to them after the show?? its wierd cuz i was thinking as we were walking back that maybe if i stuck around i could've met them.. but i didnt cuz im stupid =/
  • QUOTE (amberdino @ Jan 23 2007, 01:31 PM)
    omg that was you??? dude i remember thinking man this girl is aggressive - i wish i could be like her!! cool.gif

that was like my first encounter of ok go awesomeness haha before that i sadly only knew them as the treadmill guys and to think that i ALMOST didnt go!! but in the end i did and i felt so stupid because i forgot my camera and all i had taken with me was my phone and student ID card, so i couldn't buy a tshirt!!! i was so sad =/ but its okay i'll buy one on the tour with snow patrol!

and you are soooo lucky they dedicated HIGA to you! did u talk to them after the show?? its wierd cuz i was thinking as we were walking back that maybe if i stuck around i could've met them.. but i didnt cuz im stupid =/

We did! Him and Tim came out the back entrance, we aren't sure which way Dan and Andy went, but we were okay with that. Minus Andy, because at the time we had yet to meet him. Tim was being rushed off by Bob, because Tim was sick and Bob didn't want him to get any sicker, but again we were okay with that.

Damian finally came out, and after signing autographs, and happily talking on the phone to my friend Ryan for me, him, Angela, Nida and I talked (although I did most of the talking between the three of us girls - I like my own voice as much as he likes his) for almost twenty minutes. It was unbelievably awesome, and a night I still refer to as, BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE!

I'm also the one who shouted to Damian that his broach was falling off.
  • QUOTE (amberdino @ Jan 23 2007, 01:31 PM)

They were selling T-shirts there???!!! mad.gif

I have to admit, I didn't become super obsessive over OK Go to the extent that I am now until I saw them live for the first time at that show. But I was aware of their awesomeness before that.

I was thinking about hanging around to see if I can meet them too but I had to return an ID I borrowed from a friend so my brother could get in. And what sucked is that I couldn't even find that friend after the show. grrrrrr.

So you must go to UCSD too. laugh.gif
  • Wow. Wow. Wow. I just read checked out your myspace, read your blog, and saw your pics-- and you two are now officially my heroes. You're really awesome!!!! And that video on youtube!!! ooooomg!!!!!

(and btw, I've just realized Redstar7 that your real name is Tabatha. It therefore looks a little creepy that my username is Tabetha. My real name is Sally and I actually just thought Tabetha/Tabatha was a really pretty name and first heard it on Bewitched, but still, it seems creepy here, so if you want I'll change it, lol)
  • QUOTE (oknat @ Jan 23 2007, 07:03 PM)
    They were selling T-shirts there???!!! mad.gif

I have to admit, I didn't become super obsessive over OK Go to the extent that I am now until I saw them live for the first time at that show. But I was aware of their awesomeness before that.

I was thinking about hanging around to see if I can meet them too but I had to return an ID I borrowed from a friend so my brother could get in. And what sucked is that I couldn't even find that friend after the show. grrrrrr.

So you must go to UCSD too. laugh.gif

duuude yea they had reallly cute tshirts there!! asldkfjdl
    and yeah im a first year ucsd student at roosevelt college, and i just found out the other day on the "random stuff" thread that another boardi, e5170a, is in revelle! pretty crazy!
    but man yea im still sad that i didnt try to meet them because its gonna be really hard to meet them on snow patrol tour i think.. man i'll ditch the snow patrol part cuz i only like about two songs from them anyway but even so i have NO IDEA what gibson amphitheatre looks like and where the back entrance is and all that so i dunnoooo =/ oh well.
    what college are you in and whats your major?
  • QUOTE (Redstar7 @ Jan 23 2007, 12:01 PM)
    Yeah, I have a video of it online, you can see it here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=uphVlVGRX8w&amp...3D2&index=8

Ah, I have told everyone I know about him dedicating that to me, even my great grandma. It's sad, really.

Heck, if Damian dedicated a song to me I'd be walking around telling random people on the streets.
  • Everybody who went,

You guys are just pure money. You guys have the biggest cahones that I have ever known<3

aweesomenesses smile.gif !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • QUOTE (amberdino @ Jan 23 2007, 07:21 PM)
    duuude yea they had reallly cute tshirts there!! asldkfjdl
    and yeah im a first year ucsd student at roosevelt college, and i just found out the other day on the "random stuff" thread that another boardi, e5170a, is in revelle! pretty crazy!
    but man yea im still sad that i didnt try to meet them because its gonna be really hard to meet them on snow patrol tour i think.. man i'll ditch the snow patrol part cuz i only like about two songs from them anyway but even so i have NO IDEA what gibson amphitheatre looks like and where the back entrance is and all that so i dunnoooo =/ oh well.
    what college are you in and whats your major?

OMGGGG. So where exactly were these shirts? That makes me sad that I missed out.

I'm also a first year, majoring in biochem. I'm at Sixth. So that's one from ERC, Revelle, and Sixth. Haha cool.

I wish I could go to the Gibson Amphitheater one but I have a midterm that night. sad.gif I'm planning on going to the SDSU one though.
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Jan 23 2007, 07:13 PM)
    Wow. Wow. Wow. I just read checked out your myspace, read your blog, and saw your pics-- and you two are now officially my heroes. You're really awesome!!!! And that video on youtube!!! ooooomg!!!!!

(and btw, I've just realized Redstar7 that your real name is Tabatha. It therefore looks a little creepy that my username is Tabetha. My real name is Sally and I actually just thought Tabetha/Tabatha was a really pretty name and first heard it on Bewitched, but still, it seems creepy here, so if you want I'll change it, lol)

It's not creepy! I have actually always liked Tabetha to Tabatha, but that was more because then I could go by Beth. I, on the other hand have never been too fond of my name.

It was pretty weird when I first saw it though, mostly because when Angela and I first joined we saw an Angelo and a Tabetha, it was like our alter selves or evil twins, but no so evil.
  • Really? I think your name is sooo pretty!
    But it is kinda odd for you to run into an evil twin, hehehe, so I'll change it to somin else smile.gif
  • ...sorry to ask a dumb question, but how do you change your username? I can't find it in the control panel
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Jan 23 2007, 08:29 PM)
    ...sorry to ask a dumb question, but how do you change your username? I can't find it in the control panel

I don't think you can, but you don't have to change it!
  • I think Tabatha should just change her name. How dare she pick her name to be like your user name. Ha. I don't think you should change it either!
  • QUOTE (oknat @ Jan 23 2007, 08:15 PM)
    OMGGGG. So where exactly were these shirts? That makes me sad that I missed out.

I'm also a first year, majoring in biochem. I'm at Sixth. So that's one from ERC, Revelle, and Sixth. Haha cool.

I wish I could go to the Gibson Amphitheater one but I have a midterm that night. sad.gif I'm planning on going to the SDSU one though.

dude they were right outside the gym in the like foyer hallway place.. u know like when u walk past the bookstore and then they checked id and then u walk into the foyer.. then on the right side there were a few tables selling merchandise for the bands.. and there was an ok go table! so thats where the shirts were

oh and man i wanted to go to the sdsu show but there were really crappy seats left and then i found pit tikets on ebay for the gibson show so i bought them! wooo sucks that you have a midterm that night but hey you can reward yourself with the show the next night! hooray! cool.gif
  • QUOTE (amberdino @ Jan 23 2007, 11:15 PM)
    dude they were right outside the gym in the like foyer hallway place.. u know like when u walk past the bookstore and then they checked id and then u walk into the foyer.. then on the right side there were a few tables selling merchandise for the bands.. and there was an ok go table! so thats where the shirts were

oh and man i wanted to go to the sdsu show but there were really crappy seats left and then i found pit tikets on ebay for the gibson show so i bought them! wooo sucks that you have a midterm that night but hey you can reward yourself with the show the next night! hooray! cool.gif

Actually I haven't even gotten my SDSU tickets yet. I've been debating whether or not to go since there are only crappy seats left, which was a big mistake on my part because now I'm telling myself "I cannot miss another opportunity to see OK Go!".

Awesome that you were able to get pit tickets!