In this Discussion

OK Go on Jimmy Kimmel

2»

Comments

• QUOTE (Ushies @ Dec 22 2006, 12:08 AM)
    Yeah, that's pretty much it. His doesn't look as fancy as that though. But yeah, it's the same as the other one he played before.

Yeah, he's very talented. He makes me want to learn how to play the glockenspiel. Tim as well. They make it look so cool, lol. We used to have to play those in music class in elementary school, lol. They were fun!

oh cool, you really call it glockenspiel in english? (I love it how americans/english speaking ppl in general "adopted" german words and Glockenspiel is definitely one of them, lol.) yeah they really look fun but also difficult to play. I think it's cool that you had to play them in school, lol, when I was a kid we had to learn this but don't ask me what they're called in english, haha wink.gif (my online dictionary doesn't really help me, either... or is "recorder" the correct word for it?) but I never learned how to read notes, sadly. anyway, back to the topic - I can't wait to see the guys on Jimmy Kimmel. I think they played there before last year, right?
  • Yeah, we actually do call those recorders, lol
    I wonder how much glockenspiels are going for on ebay... *sigh* Ebay. It is my curse sleep.gif
  • QUOTE (dobug @ Dec 21 2006, 01:44 AM)
    That made me laugh. I was like "Haha an I love OK Go sign. ...Oh wait, is that Dan? Hahahah."

thats exactly what I thought. I was upset they didn't play Father Christmas, but Have Yourself a...was good too.
  • o man that instrument was awesome! i thought it was still called a melodika? whatever. i was the performance when i was half asleep, but i still woke up. they were great, as usual! why did they switch songs? just wondering. i love their little acoustic performances. they are awesome!
  • Did anyone notice the part where Andy and Tim are just snapping/ sitting there and they give each other this little look? It is too cute.
    That's my favorite part, along with Dan's sign and his smilyness. He looked like a fan.
  • QUOTE (terren @ Dec 21 2006, 11:37 PM)
    Did anyone notice the part where Andy and Tim are just snapping/ sitting there and they give each other this little look? It is too cute.

Yeah, that was pretty adorable.

Whatever Andy had, it looked like a miniature version of a melodica. A baby melodica or something.
  • aww that part was too cute too. they all looked awesome. =D
    Dan's sign was so funny and he was all into it too. thats priceless. haha.

that was a very interesting instrument that aross was playing i gotta say. and thanks for clearing up what it was.. i saw the ucsd video and i was like what the heck? what is he playing.. it looks cool. haha
  • I liked Damian's red socks. Very festive smile.gif
  • He was wearing red socks? blink.gif hmm...I think I was too busy laughing at the amazing Dan to look at Damian's feet. I'll have to watch that again...
  • Yep, red socks. They stood out cuz, ya know, he was wearing a black suit and all. Since he was sitting, his pants were all pulled up and they really stood out. It was very nice. Yay for all of OK Go, and I wish them happy holidays and hope they enjoy this week off before New Years smile.gif
  • yeah! the boys only have the one New Year's show (which I would give anything to be at ) and then they FINALLY have teeny tiny month long break. They deserve it. They work way too hard. And I thank them for it biggrin.gif
  • Now I'm glad I didn't post last night. It would have ruined the Dan-surprise for all you west-coasters. I lost it when I saw him. I missed a verse or two, I was laughing so much. I love these guys.

I bet some of the viewers at home were confused, though. laugh.gif

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas has long been my favorite Christmas song. As if I needed another reason to like OK Go...

I'm also glad they get a break this week and next month. I hope they sleep a lot.
  • QUOTE (sureeyesawake @ Dec 22 2006, 08:26 PM)
    Now I'm glad I didn't post last night. It would have ruined the Dan-surprise for all you west-coasters. I lost it when I saw him. I missed a verse or two, I was laughing so much. I love these guys.

but...I'm on the west coast and it was on like 2 nights ago...? blink.gif

but yeah, I was laughing so incredibly hard as well. Dan in that santa hat...what could be better? (okay I can think of a few things wink.gif )
  • oh man it was too rad. very sweet. put me in the christmassy mood.
  • pshh.... stealing melodica solos from Tally Hall.

I saw the performance on youtube- must say, I love it. don't think they got everything, but the song is there.

couldn't find anything on jimmy kimmel's site, though.

eh, whatever.