In this Discussion

Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah

Comments

• The multiple spellings of ( C )Haun(n)uk(k)ah bother me. I want to get it right, but it doesn't seem one spelling is more prevalent than the other.
    I messed up a crossword one time in grade school because I spelled it with a C and 1 n. They spelled it with no C and 2 ns. It's traumatized me for life. laugh.gif

But have a good one of whatever it is you do this time of year!!! biggrin.gif
  • Thanks a lot, Rosa! Now I'm blind! blink.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (Wolf359 @ Dec 5 2007, 03:53 PM)
    The multiple spellings of ( C )Haun(n)uk(k)ah bother me. I want to get it right, but it doesn't seem one spelling is more prevalent than the other.
    I messed up a crossword one time in grade school because I spelled it with a C and 1 n. They spelled it with no C and 2 ns. It's traumatized me for life. laugh.gif

But have a good one of whatever it is you do this time of year!!! biggrin.gif

Lol, well, Wolfie, it's because the Ch is Hebrew and the H is the English spelling of the word. You have to say the Ch version with a roll at the back of the throat, sort of like you're trying to hack up phlem. And yeah, it's really confusing to me how when it goes to the Ch or H version the number of N's changes!

Anyway, Happy Hannukah/Chanukah to the lovelies here. Early Merry Christmas.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Dec 6 2007, 11:40 PM)
    Thanks a lot, Rosa! Now I'm blind! blink.gif laugh.gif

You're welcome. laugh.gif laugh.gif
  • I thought I posted before, but I guess it was a lie!

I had my first Hanukkah dinner the other night. My roomie, who's Jewish (p.s. the three of us represent the major religions, though we've all relapsed. I'm [technically] Catholic, my roomie is Jewish, and my other roomie is Muslim) made latke and we lit the menorah and it was awesome. Jewish food seems to be very similar to Eastern European food (durrrr) and reminds me of home.

Feliz Natal (Merry Christmas) e um óptimo ano novo (and a happy new year)
    for everyone
    and also happy Hanukkah (feliz Hanukkah)
    laugh.gif
    between me and Rosa you already have 2 different ways to say Merry Christmas wink.gif
  • Happy Everything you guys!

I know it's not for everyone, but I can't help but love this time of year.

• QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Dec 6 2007, 10:40 PM)
    Lol, well, Wolfie, it's because the Ch is Hebrew and the H is the English spelling of the word. You have to say the Ch version with a roll at the back of the throat, sort of like you're trying to hack up phlem. And yeah, it's really confusing to me how when it goes to the Ch or H version the number of N's changes!

Oh, Thanks!! I still don't know which one to use. But oh well, it doesn't come up all that often. But thanks for your resonse!
  • Time to bring out the ole strokes holiday greeting smile.gif sorry i shall annoy the boards with my massive sig for a bit till xmas tongue.gif
  • bump for joe

dont know why its for joe

but happy crimbo JOE

we all love you

• Yes Joe, we do.

Happy holidays smile.gif

xxxxx
  • wow this is very exciting, im almost as popular as santa!

happy holidays kids
  • QUOTE (sweetness @ Dec 23 2008, 12:32 AM)
    wow this is very exciting, im almost as popular as santa!

happy holidays kids

I like Joe way more than I like Santa. Joe doesn't feel the need to bribe me for good behavior or friendship.

Happy Holidays, everyone!
  • Happy Holidays!!

Hanging Santa from the Ser Biz Holiday Party and Revue

Dreidle from Latkepalooza at Rachel's house
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Dec 23 2008, 11:17 AM)
    Hanging Santa from the Ser Biz Holiday Party and Revue

"I dropped Santa twice. Which means double bad luck."
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Dec 23 2008, 07:26 PM)
    "I dropped Santa twice. Which means double bad luck."

That was teh funneh.
  • Did Joe say that? That might've been at the same time as Amy saying "OK, dude, you are CUT OFF. No more for you!" I was trying to explain that it's all part of The Unsacred Hearts' charm.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Dec 24 2008, 07:30 AM)
    Did Joe say that? That might've been at the same time as Amy saying "OK, dude, you are CUT OFF. No more for you!" I was trying to explain that it's all part of The Unsacred Hearts' charm.

No, it was Andy while he was getting ready for the SDR set. Seemed each time he moved the mic Santa fell off.

Perhaps it was when Joe couldn't get the mic cord untangled from the mic stand. It was actually quite comical and I wish I got video of it. Andy tried to help for a second and well, he really wasn't of much help. Finally someone else came up and freed the cord of the stand so Joe could do his thang for the Unsacred Hearts set.
  • Feliz navidad, everyone!
  • Hey everyone! Happy Chanukah! (I still prefer Joe's presence to that of Santa Claus)
  • yay!!

hope you guys have been having fun.

in all honesty though... I'm kinda the same amount excited for Jan 12 as Dec 25th or 31sh or 1st...

is that strange?

anyways hope you guys have fun and are safe and eat lots of cake or yummies of your respective makings.

CANNOT WAIT for the Pepper Pot Breakfast / Duck Curry Dinner of the 25th.... CANNOT WAITT!