In this Discussion

Free Show in Glendale, AZ

edited November -1 in OK Go
I found this at the JC.

"For everyone who lives in Arizona or who are in town for the BCS Ohio State/Florida game, OK Go will be performing on the Pontiac Garage Stage at 3:30 pm Monday, Jaunary 8th. The stage is located on the Great Lawn next to the University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale. The show is free and all ages are invited."

I haven't found anything to confirm this yet, but if I do, I'll let you all know.

Comments

• Gah!! I"m having a heart attack! But I hope it's not true, cause I don't feel like shlepping all the way over to Glendale again to see a quickie ok go show
  • Yeah, I've been looking around for more info, but I can't seem to find anything. I'll probably end up watching some of the pre-show on FOX just to see if they maybe show the guys, if they are playing.
  • is it inappropriate for me to e-mail pete or whoever?
  • It's true. Dan told me and Jackie about it Saturday night. (Can't believe I just said that.) He didn't say where, but he said it was the "championship football game" on Jan. 8, so that must be it.
  • damn, i don't know if it's worth going. What do you guys think?
  • Aww, I wish you could go w/ me, Sheri. You're so good at interacting w/ the guys. I hope there'll be an opportunity to talk to one of them.
  • I think you should go!
  • Yeesh, and I thought that after the New Year they would have at least SOME time to relax! Poor guys. Yay for the fans, but poor guys...
  • I know! I really wanted the guys to have all of January off before they go to Europe, but I guess not.

And Tempe, if it isn't too much of a hassle for you to go, then you should go, even if it isn't a full concert or anything. Glendale isn't too far away from you, right?
  • Glendale is a shlep from where I am and it will require making up a good excuse to get out of school, but I think it'll be worth it. I'm so pscyhed I can't even sleep, which I guess means I should go. Plus, I have all your support. Also, if I don't go, the whining I could release might not be too fun to listen too wink.gif

(And hopefully, this will be the boys last show till Europe. They need some sort of Christmas vacation.)
  • Hmm...Glendale doesn't seem too far!

It's only 5 and a half hours away! I wonder what Angela thinks about this...
  • QUOTE (Redstar7 @ Jan 3 2007, 01:35 AM)
    Hmm...Glendale doesn't seem too far!
    It's only 5 and a half hours away! I wonder what Angela thinks about this...

I think you should do it Tempe!

Angela thinks if Rico can make it without exploding/breaks giving out...she's in!!! Angela also loves reffering to herself in thrid person.
  • QUOTE (Angela87 @ Jan 3 2007, 01:58 AM)
    I think you should do it Tempe!

Angela thinks if Rico can make it without exploding/breaks giving out...she's in!!! Angela also loves reffering to herself in thrid person.

What about the van?! No? Maybe! You could just switch with your dad until then so you can get a hang of it again, so when we do go, you wont kill us! Yeah?! No? Okay. Maybe?
  • Tempe, you have to go!! How far is it from where you live?
  • Okay, A&T, we must drive out to AZ this weekend! I have never driven there before, and I am VERY sure we'll get lost, but LET'S GO ANYWAY!!!

Alright, jk again. Let's not get our hopes up again, like for New Year's Eve. unsure.gif

Ah, reminds me of my younger days where I'd be at football games for the music. Or I was part of the music. There goes my big secret (band geek, w00t~!).
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Jan 3 2007, 03:30 AM)
    (And hopefully, this will be the boys last show till Europe. They need some sort of Christmas vacation.)

I have a feeling that they'll be back in Philadelphia before heading out to Europe. The big morning show out here, Preston & Steve, has them booked for a private concert at North Penn High School, because North Penn donated the most food to P&S's Campout For Hunger - this huge food drive where the guys from the show live in a trailer outside for a week. Last year, the concert was at the end of January. And it would make sense for the guys to fly to Philly, do the show, and then continue on to England for the Feb. 4th gig.

But yeah, I feel bad for them - I'm sure they could use a break!!!!!
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Jan 3 2007, 10:51 AM)
    I have a feeling that they'll be back in Philadelphia before heading out to Europe.

The concert is Wednesday, January 31 @ The Electric Factory in Philadelphia with a local Philly band.

EDIT:
    5:00 PM start time.
  • QUOTE (ihave7stars @ Jan 3 2007, 12:22 PM)
    The concert is Wednesday, January 31 @ The Electric Factory in Philadelphia with a local Philly band.

EDIT:
    5:00 PM start time.

How did you find that out? I'm AMAZED because I know I tried to find out and couldn't!!!
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Jan 3 2007, 02:27 PM)
    How did you find that out?

http://www.myspace.com/bluecollar