In this Discussion

Best "Return" Remake Ever

2»

Comments

• QUOTE (mixtape @ Jan 8 2007, 12:03 AM)
    The last time this came up, a lot of people were really upset that the band could be reading this, so I think we should all move on because this is a little too personal.

I really think that we're not taking that risk, because haven't posted anything for a loooong time.

I agree with you in some point, but if they've chosen to make a song about it and release it to the world, it no longer becomes personal, it's the same thing about 9027km. Curiosity is just part of the human being and if you're listening to a song, you want to know what's it's meaning...
  • QUOTE (m_I_a @ Jan 8 2007, 03:28 PM)
    I really think that we're not taking that risk, because haven't posted anything for a loooong time.

I don't really get what you mean by that. The band hasn't posted in a long time? That doesn't mean they don't read it. Andy does, and Damian's talked about his mom commenting on the things we talk about.

It's one thing to know the meaning of the song, but to post a link that includes her obituary is a little much.
  • QUOTE (m_I_a @ Jan 8 2007, 02:28 PM)
    I agree with you in some point, but if they've chosen to make a song about it and release it to the world, it no longer becomes personal, it's the same thing about 9027km.

What is 9027 km? *cough cough ahem changing subject* At first I thought they just left a microphone on in a room somewhere, but then I thought they had recorded themselves sleeping??? What are those sounds exactly?
  • It's Damian's wife sleeping. If you put '9027 km' in the search bar up top, there are a bunch of discussions about it if you wanna know more. smile.gif
  • There is one other cover of Return, if anyone is interested. It is MUCH more tasteful than the previous one:

http://boss.streamos.com/download/capi001/...eturn_beppy.mp3

This is one J*orge posted personally, so it is OK Go approved. biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Jan 8 2007, 07:50 PM)
    I don't really get what you mean by that. The band hasn't posted in a long time? That doesn't mean they don't read it. Andy does, and Damian's talked about his mom commenting on the things we talk about.

It's one thing to know the meaning of the song, but to post a link that includes her obituary is a little much.

Now I feel bad, I'm sorry.
    I didn't knew that
  • Wouldn't it be weird if everyone knew the secret behind 9027km? The secret behind the secret, I mean. We'd all be like "yeah, I don't know anything, don't be a 'tard lol," because we all swore to secrecy.

It wouldn't really a secret (behind a secret) because everyone already knows, but it would be a secret in the sense that we all think it's a secret... The secret wouldn't be the secret, the secret would be that everyone already knows but doesn't know that anyone else knows...so everyone thinks it's a secret... but... er... I'm gonna stop talking now before I confuse myself any further. mellow.gif
  • QUOTE (Claret @ Jan 9 2007, 09:43 PM)
    Wouldn't it be weird if everyone knew the secret behind 9027km? The secret behind the secret, I mean. We'd all be like "yeah, I don't know anything, don't be a 'tard lol," because we all swore to secrecy.

It wouldn't really a secret (behind a secret) because everyone already knows, but it would be a secret in the sense that we all think it's a secret... The secret wouldn't be the secret, the secret would be that everyone already knows but doesn't know that anyone else knows...so everyone thinks it's a secret... but... er... I'm gonna stop talking now before I confuse myself any further. mellow.gif

I'm confused
    But I got the idea tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Jan 8 2007, 08:09 PM)
    It's Damian's wife sleeping. If you put '9027 km' in the search bar up top, there are a bunch of discussions about it if you wanna know more. smile.gif

Oooh, that explains the woman's voice I heard. Cool. It reminds me of that Blur music video, "No Distance Left to Run" where they filmed themselves sleeping.