In this Discussion

what a dork

Comments

• i did something like that once when i was wasing my car like i was using the "stick her finger in the house to make it spray" method and it just stopped working and i didnt know that there was a kink in it from the tire, and i looked at it (still having my finger in it and pulled and the kink went loose and sprayed me right in the face
  • I work at an animal hospital and I once discharged the wrong animal. Or should I say species.
    I gave a cat back to a dog owner. The owner noticed it when she got home, cos the cat was in a box.
    Their surname was the same and I must have got confused.
    When my supervisor told me I cried. sad.gif
    I couldn't believe what I did and I thought I was gonna get the sack but they are always short-staffed and couldn't afford to lose a nurse so I was safe. tongue.gif

When I was talking brifly to the dog owner before I gave her the cat I thought it was strange, cos things she said didn't really make sense. But I ignored it.
  • hahaha.

what?!
  • i dropped my pop today during lunch... i was at the International Center on campus... basically a food court if you will, filled with tons of staff, faculty and students. dropped it b/c i was holding onto the top, not the cup itself and it splashed all over my feet and pants.

i've been sticky since 12:30 and i have 20 more minutes til i can go home and get out of them
  • awh!

:[

in seventh grade i went to shake my grapefruit juice, and it wasn't closed all the way and it sprayed all over my friends and i at the lunch table.

heh.
  • I mentioned ice cream today to my boss. Every now and then our team all walks across the hangars to the break room where they have an ice cream machine, and I thought it was high time we did it again. But I told him we had to wait till 4 because I was in a meeting till then. So I get out of the meeting and I tell him, ok any time now. He says Ok let's go. He starts walking that way but doesn't invite anyone else. I asked him if we should tell people and he says no I have to talk to you and motions to a piece of paper in his hand.

Now I kinda have a little problem with tardiness. I just can't get out of bed in the morning, it's pretty sad. My boss, who is the coolest boss in the world, has given me multiple verbal warnings about, and it still happens. So I'm thinking well shit. I'm finally getting written up for being late. Which I knew it was coming. Now they're not gonna fire me because they're way understaffed as it is, but I'm sure I'm getting written up. I really deserve to at this point. So here it comes I'm thinking.

So I'm trying to play it cool, joking around, I say: oh, am I gonna need ice cream after this. He says "Maybe." We'll wait till you get to the bottom of the stairs. So we get there and he hands me the paper which I'm convinced is my disciplinary action or whatever, and I look at it, and there's 2 numbers in the middle of the paper in bold. One number is very close to my salary, but off by $39. The other number was a bit larger.

I'm expecting punishment and he's giving me a raise. I couldn't comprehend that for a moment. I just kinda stuttered and said, and I quote

"I-- uh-- er-- is this... more?"

I was pointing at the bigger number, I think I was trying to say "Is this my new salary" But it came out "Is this.... more?"
    I'm sure that's the highly professional way to accept a raise.
  • ahhahahahahhaaaaa.

smile.gif
  • My friend had a bottle of Snapple on the couch and it tipped over. I gasped and made a very close save, only to discover the lid was still on.
  • smile.gif

i probably would've done the same.
  • But you saved it anyway! Dorks, or at least ones like me, don't have amazing reflexes!!!

btw, what's Snapple? I'm assuming a drink... Oooo is it apple flavoured?
  • laugh.gif Thank you very much, guys.

Yes, a drink. My friend's was raspberry iced tea.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snapple
    http://snapple.com

EDIT: 300 posts! LOVE ME!
    Snapple is a beverage company based in Rye Brook, New York that produces a variety of teas and fruit drinks which are sold in glass bottles, soda-style cans, and plastic bottles.

Aha! A glass bottle and you stopped it from shattering all over the place! It's true!
    Well done.
  • QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ Aug 7 2007, 11:24 PM)
    Aha! A glass bottle and you stopped it from shattering all over the place! It's true!
    Well done.

biggrin.gif I never thought of that...

But it was a carpeted floor... the bottle probably wouldn't have shattered... tongue.gif

Oh, well, I like to think I saved the day. smile.gif
  • Oh, and also... another dorky thing I did today...

The friend whose house I was at (the one with the Snapple) has a much older brother (visiting before he returned to grad school) who I've always had a little girlcrush on, and when he asked what we were watching, I was like, "Movie. It funny." Complete sentences failed me. And I'm usually not the get-nervous-around-guys type. laugh.gif I guess I was just shocked to see him after so many years.
  • Aww that's cute! I'm a shy person, especially around guys. I'll either get really agressive and start insulting them or I won't be ablo to speak at all
    laugh.gif Yeah, i'm a dork tongue.gif
  • ok i feel super bad kinda about this, i was talking to a girl who had a lisp and she was like can i thit by thara, and my response was thertinley (certainly with a lisp) and she just kinda looked at me like omg you just made fun of me and i felt ssooo bad but it was kinda really funny
  • ahhah. awh...

:/
  • me and my friend bought those toy guns that pop and make smoke and i couldnt get mine to work and i had my hand on the front and it finally poped and burnt my finger

my little cousin thomas was peeking through our key hole in the room that we were staying at (not for that reason but to get our attention and have us come outso we'd play with him) and my mom caught him and my friend shelby was like gosh that peeping Tom and we both started laughing and together we were like peeping THOMAS!! it was really funny

we were swimming in the lake and there was a booie that said swim area but on the word area the rea was ripped off and we were swimming towards it and i was like OMG IT SAYS SWIM AWAY!! and so we were swimming away from it and laughing and then we really started scaring ourselves bc we werel ike theres an alligater underneath it

she hates ok go (dont ask me why) but we were getting ready to fall asleep and we usually played music but i packed the stuff up already and so i started singing ok go songs and she jumped onto my bed and started smothering me with the pillow and i kept singing them and we were sitting there laughing it was sooo funny and she was like i stop smothering you you stop singing ok? and i was like GO! and started singing again it was sooo funny
  • I'm such an idiot. I just clicked the OK Go logo next to this forum, making it all as if I read every topic...please tell me you know how to undo this?
  • so last night i was grilling chicken in one of those little gas grills and i turned the gas on and went inside and 15 minutes later i was like crap i forgot to light it, so i went to the gill stick the lighter in the hole where the gas comes out and light it and so much gas had built up and been trapped that the lip flew off of the grill and my chicken like went almost airbourne and i burnt some of the hairs on my arm off but it was the funniest thing ever like i lit it and it was like WHOOOOFFF!!!!