In this Discussion

Kidz Bop

Comments

• Naw, I'm just going to leave this thread.
    Resume:

"So they're bleeping out Jesus in there, that's so stupid. They shouldn't mess with good songs like HIGA. OK Go would be ashamed mad.gif"
  • thats more like it
  • QUOTE (CuriousSymptoms @ Mar 10 2007, 05:55 PM)
    "They shouldn't mess with good songs like HIGA..."

I concur. Actually, they shouldn't mess with good songs. Period.
  • So who wants to help Kidz Bop w/ some lyrics for "Your So Damn Hot" and "Don't Ask Me"? We must cleanse these songs of the words "damn" and "fucking"
  • Damian actually talked about this last night at the Philly show. He was weirded out because "This song is about waking up in the stupor of a hangover after a one night stand and thinking 'what the fuck have I done?'. I doubt many 8-year-olds know about that. And the ones that do, do you really want them singing your songs?"
  • haha good point
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Mar 25 2007, 11:01 AM)
    Damian actually talked about this last night at the Philly show. He was weirded out because "This song is about waking up in the stupor of a hangover after a one night stand and thinking 'what the fuck have I done?'. I doubt many 8-year-olds know about that. And the ones that do, do you really want them singing your songs?"

HAHAHAHAHA! Awesome.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Mar 25 2007, 11:01 AM)
    Damian actually talked about this last night at the Philly show. He was weirded out because "This song is about waking up in the stupor of a hangover after a one night stand and thinking 'what the fuck have I done?'. I doubt many 8-year-olds know about that. And the ones that do, do you really want them singing your songs?"

Ha! When my 9 y/o asked what HIGA was about, I told her, "It was about the moment Damian fell in love with his girlfriend and wanted to marry her." She doesn't need to know anything about drunken one-night stands until she's in college! (That was very hard to type. huh.gif )
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Mar 25 2007, 07:01 AM)

Oh my. huh.gif I didn't know that.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Mar 25 2007, 04:01 PM)

My 8-year old sister asked what it was about, so i told her it was about getting drunk and waking up having had a one night stand (she's quite advanced for her age - she knows about sex and stuff, so it's ok). Oh I can't believe I've ruined her image in Damian's eyes! She'll kill me if she finds out... huh.gif
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Mar 26 2007, 11:15 AM)
    My 8-year old sister asked what it was about, so i told her it was about getting drunk and waking up having had a one night stand (she's quite advanced for her age - she knows about sex and stuff, so it's ok). Oh I can't believe I've ruined her image in Damian's eyes! She'll kill me if she finds out... huh.gif

I wouldn't worry, Electra dear. I'm pretty sure he means the 8-year-olds who know FIRST HAND what that's like were the ones he had issue with. So your sister is probably still A-OK in the eyes of The Kulash. LOL!
  • I don't really get the whole Kidz Bop thing and having to change the lyrics to be more appropriate for kids. If you have to do that because of inappropriate lyrics or subject matter the kids shouldn't be listening to the song in the first place. And if they're doing it because the songs are a big hit and popular with kids already then they've heard the songs and what's the point in changing the lyrics? huh.gif
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Mar 26 2007, 06:16 PM)
    I wouldn't worry, Electra dear. I'm pretty sure he means the 8-year-olds who know FIRST HAND what that's like were the ones he had issue with. So your sister is probably still A-OK in the eyes of The Kulash. LOL!

Hah, thanks Rachel smile.gif
    I can now sleep easy knowing that she's not gonna murder me in my sleep or do something equally drastic...
  • Yeah, this is ridiculous and awful, but I agree, it's not a big deal.

It makes me think of Old Skull, which was like angry-punk Kidz Bop on methamphetamines. (I should have yelled this at one of the concerts this week, but I didn't think of it then. Damn.)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_skull)
    Old Skull were an American novelty punk rock band formed in the late 1980s in Madison, Wisconsin. The band was started by ten-year-old J.P. (Jean-Paul) Toulon and his nine-year-old brother, Jamie Toulon, with encouragement from their father Vern Toulon, a longtime member of the Madison punk scene who had spent time in New York City, where he was briefly a member of industrial band, Missing Foundation.
  • I've never heard of Old Skull. And I'm from Wisconsin.

Getting closer to having to turn in my Wisconsite card.
  • Well, it was pretty obscure. I only know about Old Skull because I was a DJ at my college radio station from 1990-94.
  • they should do a cover of the libertines classic 'what a waster'
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Mar 26 2007, 11:15 AM)

Oh. mellow.gif That's what it's about. Heh. I'm cool.
  • QUOTE (sweetness @ Apr 13 2007, 03:11 AM)
    they should do a cover of the libertines classic 'what a waster'

rolleyes.gif laugh.gif
  • Kidz Bop is launching an 80 city US tour, I just heard. I wonder if they'll ask OK Go to open?

rolleyes.gif laugh.gif