In this Discussion

New interview with Damian and Tim

edited November -1 in OK Go
Damian and Tim talked with Matt Schichter from FUEL 90.3 in Calgary the other day about a whole bunch of things including the Pixies tribute record they'll be featured on, making the treadmill video and working on new material.

CLICK HERE TO LISTEN

Comments

• Ooh, they talk about 9027KM.

Thanks!
  • Thanks, person from the Backstage Pass! smile.gif

It's really exciting how all these official people are bringing things here themselves lately.
  • I love this interview!!!

It's rather nice to know the full story behind 9027km, even though it's not very exciting. lol
  • Nice interview. Great new bits of trivia. Thanks for posting it
  • He said "road dogs"! This excites me, OK Go for Grownups people! I called them that on the Grownups forum back in February or so, taking the term from John Taylor. lol

It's probably a very common term, but for some reason this just amuses me a lot.

*checks spark plugs in brain*
  • QUOTE (mundum @ Apr 14 2007, 09:48 PM)
    It's rather nice to know the full story behind 9027km, even though it's not very exciting. lol

I figured that had to be the reason. But I can't prove it, because I never posted my theory here. Argh.
    Advice: Be smarter than your record label. dry.gif
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Apr 14 2007, 06:41 PM)
    Thanks, person from the Backstage Pass! smile.gif

It's really exciting how all these official people are bringing things here themselves lately.

It's really cool of them to do that. Hope they know we appreciate it-- Thank you official people! biggrin.gif

It sucks that it's not in mp3 format though. I thought the answer Damian gave about recording with Andy was really funny! laugh.gif laugh.gif
  • Thanks "thebackstagepass"! That was a great listen!
  • haha, the chess thing made me laugh.
    "we get out a board" biggrin.gif.

thanks for posting!

could anyone else make out what the question was when damian answered about both guitarists being called andy?
  • Thanks for that!
    Haha, how many times have OK Go got one up on their label now? Capitol records must have a dartboarrd with their faces on somewhere.... >.<

I so want that dartboarrd now. Just for the awesomosity.
  • QUOTE (crashtheparty @ Apr 15 2007, 03:03 AM)
    could anyone else make out what the question was when damian answered about both guitarists being called andy?

I couldn't make out any of the questions. Every time the interviewer said anything, all I could think of was Charlie Brown's teacher. (Did I just date myself with that reference? Crap.)
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Apr 15 2007, 11:02 AM)
    Haha, how many times have OK Go got one up on their label now? Capitol records must have a dartboarrd with their faces on somewhere.... >.<

laugh.gif Hahahahaaaa! I do wonder what Capitol thinks of them now, especially after the DWYW Wallpaper video. I'm glad this band's awesomeness has earned them the autonomy they so richly deserve. "Just don't get in our way. You have to trust us. We know what we're doing." (I imagine them saying.)
  • The revelation was really shocking for me. I got the impression from the thread that it was some glowing, shining secret (I'm weird) that we would never be allowed to know. I thought it was an artistic statement relating to the significance of humans breathing and sleeping and that meaning would be lost if ever put into language.
    Hahaha, it was even better though- it was Ok Go keeping their cd's available for us to play on our computers. They triumphed over the big guys who wanted to make an example of them- and that's why Ok Go is awesome.

The other thing I thought was interesting was that they like but not love HIGA. This isn't the first time they've said how much they love Good Idea at the Time either. It's so interesting that they were going to use it with the treadmills at first.
  • QUOTE (sureeyesawake @ Apr 15 2007, 06:31 PM)
    "Just don't get in our way. You have to trust us. We know what we're doing." (I imagine them saying.)

Haha! I can imagine it being like that too. But it has to be Tim saying it. And he has to be sitting in a bit black leather chair, with his back facing the Capitol Records person. He should be stroking a fluffy white cat too.

The other option is Damian, frantically pacing up and down the room going "No! No no no no NO!!!" a lot like a child having a tantrum.

OR!!!! Andy and Dan saying "yeah... we're doing it our way..." and then running off to avoid pens being thrown at them.

Oh god why do I make up this crap??
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Apr 15 2007, 06:06 PM)
    Haha! I can imagine it being like that too. But it has to be Tim saying it. And he has to be sitting in a bit black leather chair, with his back facing the Capitol Records person. He should be stroking a fluffy white cat too.

The other option is Damian, frantically pacing up and down the room going "No! No no no no NO!!!" a lot like a child having a tantrum.

OR!!!! Andy and Dan saying "yeah... we're doing it our way..." and then running off to avoid pens being thrown at them.

because it entertains the hell out of us!
  • Aww
    That's alright then smile.gif
    Anything for you, Ashley
  • QUOTE (mundum @ Apr 14 2007, 06:48 PM)

It's not exciting, but I sure think it's great. I love that they're looking out for the buying public like that. And can I tell you how pissed I'd be if I had gotten that CD and couldn't put it on my iPod.
  • They're so smart smile.gif with the CD thing.

Way to stick it to the man!
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Apr 15 2007, 09:09 PM)
    Aww
    That's alright then smile.gif
    Anything for you, Ashley

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Apr 15 2007, 02:06 PM)

Because it amuses you. Isn't that why we're all here? wink.gif

I appreciate your imagination, and I know you're just having fun with this, but I have to say that none of those scenarios sounds right to me. I don't think of them as sinister or petulant or mischievous. I just imagine them saying it seriously and directly; saying it with every thing they do.