In this Discussion

Chicago 6/12 - 6/14/07

edited November -1 in OK Go
Not posting much cuz I gotta get to bed, but they did "The Fix Is In"!

I also got video of Tim doing a striptease during "Get Over It" after Damian did "It's getting hot in here ..."

And Damian had a Spinal Tap experience during DWYW when the frayed (no pun intended) end of one of the pink tubes got caught in his tuner key thingies (I can't access my real vocabulary right now, I guess) at the end of his guitar. LOL

Comments

• Sheri! You've brought me back from from the dead! I feel like posting again because of you! How awesome that they did "The Fix is In"!!!! Eeeeeek! It's one of my favorite songs! I think I've gone overboard with the exclamation points by now! Or are they exclamation marks?!

You'll be able to write a whole book by the time you're done with this amazing week!
    Gah! I can't wait to see the striptease! I'm gonna try and sit patiently until the weekend...or utnil you have it ready....gah!
  • OMFG!!!
    Sheri that is AMAZING!!
    Oh you're so lucky. Oh I'm so jealous.

I'm looking forward to stories and videos!!
  • the fix is in... that figures. its only my favorite song... klajfldksjflkajsd ahhhh i'm so jealous i cant wait to hear more!
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Jun 13 2007, 01:22 AM)

I have had that song in my head since you called me last night.
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Jun 12 2007, 10:22 PM)

Too cool for words! Thank you for letting us live vicariously through you, Sheri!
  • No need for double posting so I've edited so you can all go to the other thread.
  • ahh! what great pictures!! i'm hoping i can be so lucky as to meet the guys... headlining shows seem so much easier...
  • Another (albeit brief) account of last night's show:
    http://mykietown.wordpress.com/2007/06/13/...o-june-12-2007/

Umm, I'm amazed that he's saying they didn't play DWYW, since they clearly did, but whatever. :-)
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Jun 12 2007, 10:22 PM)
    I also got video of Tim doing a striptease during "Get Over It" after Damian did "It's getting hot in here ..."

And Damian had a Spinal Tap experience during DWYW when the frayed (no pun intended) end of one of the pink tubes got caught in his tuner key thingies (I can't access my real vocabulary right now, I guess) at the end of his guitar. LOL

Sounds like so much fun!
  • AAAA! ANDY IN A SOX SHIRT!
    The Sox seems to be all anybody talks about now- even my chem Prof today was like, "Matsuzaka is 5-7. What da ya think of that?" So it's like, eeeeee, to see Andy wearing that (yay for not forgetting us, Andy!)
    And! Damian looks hot muchly!

thankee, ih7*s and Sheri!
  • QUOTE (ihave7stars @ Jun 13 2007, 11:56 AM)
    No need for double posting so I've edited so you can all go to the other thread.

So confused ... what thread? This doesn't seem like it'd be it. Where are the pictures people speak of?

Tonight was great! Missed half the show because of traffic, but met each of them briefly afterwards! Pics and stories end of the week. They did "The Fix Is In" again (missed it, though). But they took out "No Sign" tonight. I can't believe my luck that tonight is the night I missed them do that. LOL (They can't take out that song!!!)

[Got to hang with the lovely Jennifer again tonight for a bit afterwards, which was lovely--and thank you to Jackie for the directions on the phone!]

Edit: This post has far too many exclamation marks!
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Jun 14 2007, 02:19 AM)
    So confused ... what thread? This doesn't seem like it'd be it. Where are the pictures people speak of?

Tonight was great! Missed half the show because of traffic, but met each of them briefly afterwards! Pics and stories end of the week. They did "The Fix Is In" again (missed it, though). But they took out "No Sign" tonight. I can't believe my luck that tonight is the night I missed them do that. LOL (They can't take out that song!!!)

[Got to hang with the lovely Jennifer again tonight for a bit afterwards, which was lovely--and thank you to Jackie for the directions on the phone!]

Edit: This post has far too many exclamation marks!

The other thread refers to a link to the blog Evilgenius later posted in a thread of her own, and the pictures they're referring to are now in that thread.

If they stop playing "No Sign" I may never get Adam to another concert ever again. OK, well, that's exaggeration, but there shall be no more multiple concerts in one tour for him ever again. So "No Sign" needs to stay in it. Plz?

I can't wait to see your pictures and stories, Sheri!!!!
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Jun 14 2007, 08:05 AM)
    The other thread refers to a link to the blog Evilgenius later posted in a thread of her own, and the pictures they're referring to are now in that thread.

Yeah, I went to the MySpace and after I saw her pics I figured they must be what was being talked about, but it confused me because she was from California and the pics didn't look like they were from the Chicago show. Or did that all happen in Chicago (Evilgenius?)? Whichever, the story's hilarious biggrin.gif
  • I will give pictures and a little recap of Wednesday's show, once I recouperate from all of the driving I did in the past two days. I'm EXHAUSTED.

But I will say this; I have both digi pics as well as POLAROIDS. I'm so old-school.

*sleep*
  • I really need to see them play "the fix is in" in boston.... that's one of my top goals. I wonder if they'd do it @ Tweeter Center, even though it's not really boston, it's close enough, right....?
    still, in one year I'll be 18, they'll have new music (hopefully!!) and I'll be able to see them in boston... and hopefully, they'll still be playing "the fix is in". right? how can they NOT play it in boston?

I can't wait for the full report from you guys!
  • [edit]
  • Aww, those are such sweet stories! I'm really glad that you had such a wonderful time Sheri!

You made it sound so bittersweet, what with all the final goodbyes and all! And all they're doing is taking time to make a new record!

Postscript disclaimer: This is the most obnoxious, self-indulgent post in the history of forumsunlimited.
    Nah, be as obnoxious and self indulgent as you want, we all enjoy your stories of OK Go encounters!

And the funniest part was, he wasn't just wearing regular shorts--it's a matching suit with short pants. Like Angus Young or something.

Hee!
  • Just... wow.
    That is truly fantastic. You have reached a higher level of legendary status, in my eyes, Sheri. I mean you were up there with the legends before, but this took you that little bit further smile.gif

I'm glad you had a great time!!!
  • ^^
    i agree with alie

this sounds amazing times
  • i'm going to have to go through and read ALL of this, but i read snippets and then was completely distracted by the adorable picture of andy!!

MY experience was less than glorious... show was great... after part... whoops.