In this Discussion

You're Not Alone

Comments

• Thanks, DJRose. smile.gif I feel better today, especially after listening to it. Last night was wonky.

I have to say, I've always been a huge fan of jazz music, so OK Go + jazz = the best possible music the world can create.

Favorites so far have to be "Rock 'n' Roll Suicide" and "It's A Disaster," but it's hard to pick!

Is that Tim with a hula hoop!?
  • I haven't gotten it yet....Something called Mardi Gras day and dancing down the street with a band.....I am going to have it by the time the day is over!! Still have to get my Mardi Gras pics up somewhere too.
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Feb 5 2008, 11:28 PM)
    The newer versions of itunes aren't that much different from the old ones- in fact, they're worse, b/c what they've added is more tracking devices. So, I'm not gonna download the new one. They don't need to know what I buy, thank you very much.

iTunes wouldn't let me purchase it unless I upgraded. I think I still had version 7.0 and had to upgrade to 7.4 or something. So, if I could have gotten it without the upgrade I would have.

I'm happy now that I'm not dealing with my PC currently and can listen to Damian, Tim and Bonerama all I want on my iPod.
  • ditto to that, Becky smile.gif although, it's a pain in my ass because I have two computers, my macbook (love) and my old desktop pc. allllll my 5,000+ songs are on my desktop which ISN'T connected to the internet, so i have to d/l and buy off my mac and transfer which is soooo annoying. but i deal smile.gif

annnnd i've added AMW OK Go & Bonerama style to my myspace. Holler
  • Hey, Bonerama's coming to Chicago on Saturday, March 29th. Tickets are $12, 21 & over, GA. I'm pretty sure I'm going to go. I would love to see their full set.

Here's the write-up from Martyr's:

The sheer force of four trombones playing simultaneously was to be their calling card. New Orleans is well known for its excess and it should be no surprise that their musicians are prone to overindulge a bit. Still, when Mark Mullins and Craig Klein formed the trombone blitzkreig of Bonerama, skeptics and traditionalists raised their voices in puritanical protest. A funk-rock troupe of trombone players had never been done, even in the ‘anything goes’ environs of New Orleans. Who did these guys think they were? Isn’t one trombone loud enough? Mark Mullins and Craig Klein didn’t think so.

The initial stirrings of the trombone cavalcade known as Bonerama began in 1998, when Mullins and Klein found themselves with some rare time off from their steady gig in Harry Connick Jr’s big band. Though both have exposed their fine jazz abilities, Mullins and Klein didn’t envision a jazz trombone assemblage. Instead, the Bonerama sound was to deliver pure horn muscle - Rock ‘n’ roll along with the second-line funk of their New Orleans roots.

Gathering up a dizzying display of trombone talent, Mullins and Klein quickly brought fellow honking peers Steve Suter, Brian O’Neill and Rick Trolsen into the fold. Augmenting their horn attack came the imaginative and dynamic sousaphone player, Matt Perrine, the edgy experimental guitar of Bert Cotton, and the entrenched rhythmic pocket of drummer Chad Gilmore (though New Orleans drumming heroes Russell Batiste, Doug Belote and Kevin O’Day have been known to step behind the kit on occasion). After several well-received local gigs, a noticeable buzz began to form around the Bonerama sound as one that defied typical labels. A thunderous funk attack might suddenly turn into an acid rock meltdown. Their unpredictability was infectious…
  • Becky, I'm coming to Chicago earlier that month, but I might make the trip either later or come both times... if you're going I'd LOVE to meet up with you!
  • Anyone else see this?
    It made me pretty happy smile.gif

• QUOTE (katieyellow @ Feb 6 2008, 03:23 PM)
    Becky, I'm coming to Chicago earlier that month, but I might make the trip either later or come both times... if you're going I'd LOVE to meet up with you!

I'm definitely going, just picked up some tickets. Woo-hoo, more boardie fun!
  • QUOTE (ktlou7492 @ Feb 6 2008, 02:21 PM)
    Anyone else see this?
    It made me pretty happy smile.gif

I saw that too! It was also in the iTunes newsletter under New Releases.

I really wish they put Good Idea on the EP too. Or maybe just redo the entire album. That'd be pretty awesome.
  • i just looked and the ep is up to no.62 on the us itunes store top albums... this make me happy, as in my mind 62 is pretty impressive!... but i do believe it will get higher... no.1 maybe... tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (smeja @ Feb 7 2008, 01:29 AM)
    i just looked and the ep is up to no.62 on the us itunes store top albums... this make me happy, as in my mind 62 is pretty impressive!... but i do believe it will get higher... no.1 maybe... tongue.gif

I just checked and it's now at #36. smile.gif
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Feb 6 2008, 09:19 PM)
    I'm definitely going, just picked up some tickets. Woo-hoo, more boardie fun!

Ooooo that's awesome! Might have to look more into that...I'd love to see them again, obviously smile.gif
  • I love all of the songs! It's a Diaster and AMW have to be my favorites. The whole EP just makes me want to dance. I was so giddy the day before, which turned into extrememe giddy once I downloaded it laugh.gif

And, of course, I love that the money is going for charity.

Is it possible to view the booklet on your ipod? I can view it on iTunes, but I don't see it on my ipod.
  • QUOTE (Beasle @ Feb 7 2008, 05:17 PM)
    Ooooo that's awesome! Might have to look more into that...I'd love to see them again, obviously smile.gif

The more the merrier!!
  • Is it wrong that I have listened to this about 5000 times??? No? Good. How fantastic is the music?? I do have to admit "I Shall Be Released" made me cry a bit, it still gives me goosebumps after the 5001 listen. I love how it has a live feeling to it, the whole EP that is. It is just some amazing work by some amazing musicians.

Have fun at the Chicago Bonerama show!! I know a few people that are going, and would LOVE to go. Of course I want to go to all shows!! wink.gif
  • It's official...

Katie, my mom, stepdad and a couple friends and I are going to see them in Chicago. Just bought the tickets. CAN'T WAAAAIT! biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (Beasle @ Feb 8 2008, 12:45 PM)
    It's official...

Katie, my mom, stepdad and a couple friends and I are going to see them in Chicago. Just bought the tickets. CAN'T WAAAAIT! biggrin.gif

Sweet! We're gonna have fun, fun, fun.
  • oh wow, that's so so cool!!

I remember when I got the EP I was talking to somebody saying I liked trumpets and stuff and quoting the one or other line from the songs and got weird answers and like... high eyebrows, you know like saying "oooooookay.... whatever" I don't care, this EP has made those past few days perfect!
  • This is a little late, but I just had to post that Tim in Disaster is so so so gooood!
    I really hope in the album there's lots of Tim. I love Damian as a singer, but when Tim sings too, it brings the music to a whole other level- Tim is like magic.