In this Discussion

Videos on Blu-ray/DVD

edited November -1 in OK Go
Is a video collection on Blu-ray/DVD in the works? If not it needs to be...I would buy that in a second.

Comments

• http://www.amazon.com/Oh-No-OK-Go/dp/B000J3FDRI

theres that with all the old videos. its pretty amazing. like spent a lot of time on that one

but yeah DVD of all the new videos they're supposdely making sounds awesome. I'd buy one in a second.

• QUOTE (agentnumone @ Jan 25 2010, 12:22 PM)
    http://www.amazon.com/Oh-No-OK-Go/dp/B000J3FDRI

theres that with all the old videos. its pretty amazing. like spent a lot of time on that one

but yeah DVD of all the new videos they're supposdely making sounds awesome. I'd buy one in a second.

Thanks for the link...I knew there had to be something out there already but I didn't find in my quick search. I think I'm going to hold out for Blu-ray though. I'm watching Tenacious D - The Complete Masterworks Vol 2 on Blu-ray tonight and its tough to go back to standard DVD any more (sorry if that sounds snobbish). On second thought I'll probably get that cd/dvd eventually since 'Of the Blue Colour of the Sky' is the only one I have. Sorry people of the forum got a noob here.
  • QUOTE (ryan4isu @ Jan 25 2010, 11:20 PM)
    On second thought I'll probably get that cd/dvd eventually since 'Of the Blue Colour of the Sky' is the only one I have. Sorry people of the forum got a noob here.

No way, we're really happy to have you! Welcome!

And just to say, with the number of videos they are making for OTBCOTS, I'd be SHOCKED if they didn't put out a DVD/Blu-Ray.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Jan 26 2010, 12:38 PM)
    No way, we're really happy to have you! Welcome!

And just to say, with the number of videos they are making for OTBCOTS, I'd be SHOCKED if they didn't put out a DVD/Blu-Ray.

Thanks for the warm welcome. Does anyone know if there is a way to get email alerts when someone replies to your thread? An rss feed would work too.
  • Another suggestion for them is to make it BD-Plus format so you can watch new videos that come out after it is released.
  • QUOTE (ryan4isu @ Jan 26 2010, 02:19 PM)
    Thanks for the warm welcome. Does anyone know if there is a way to get email alerts when someone replies to your thread? An rss feed would work too.

At the top of any thread, on the right hand side, you can click a drop down menu for Options, and one of them is to subscribe to the forum. We are getting new boards soon, though, so I don't know what sort of plans are in the works for them.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Jan 26 2010, 01:50 PM)
    At the top of any thread, on the right hand side, you can click a drop down menu for Options, and one of them is to subscribe to the forum. We are getting new boards soon, though, so I don't know what sort of plans are in the works for them.

Perfect...thank you.
  • QUOTE (ryan4isu @ Jan 25 2010, 11:20 PM)
    Thanks for the link...I knew there had to be something out there already but I didn't find in my quick search. I think I'm going to hold out for Blu-ray though. I'm watching Tenacious D - The Complete Masterworks Vol 2 on Blu-ray tonight and its tough to go back to standard DVD any more (sorry if that sounds snobbish). On second thought I'll probably get that cd/dvd eventually since 'Of the Blue Colour of the Sky' is the only one I have. Sorry people of the forum got a noob here.

Hi from one noob to another!
    I second agentnumone's recommendation http://www.amazon.com/Oh-No-OK-Go/dp/B000J3FDRI especially since you don't have Oh No. It is quite AMAZING and well worth the $$.
  • I joined this forum today (didn't know it existed) in order to search for any information about how to get a video collection on DVD / Bluray of all their videos. I have also been wondering if it is better to buy from this website or from another outlet or if it doesn't matter. They may be contractually obligated to split profits the same way regardless of how I buy the CD/DVD.

I wish they had more items available on this website, like shot glasses or a USB drive of their complete works (music or videos or both).

anyway, this group has great music and very interesting and enjoyable videos. I like to show visitors to my house them, so many people have not seen them.

Larry
  • Hi Larry, nice to hear from you.  Welcome!
  • Welcome, Larry!  Glad you like the band and their videos.  Currently the only DVD available is the Oh No Special edition which has most of the videos from the first two albums.  I don't know how they split profits, but I do know that it's always best to buy direct from the band whenever possible.
  • Welcome to the boards, Larry!
    So far as you can see on the store you can buy USB drives of a few concerts that comes with Of the Blue Colour of the Sky too. For the videos, there was a holiday bundle on iTunes, it's 7,99, with all of their videos available from OTBCOTS too (http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/holiday-video-bundle-2011/id487433241). Just thought I'd put the info out there :)

Also, it's always nice to buy from the OK Go store! Topsin is great, shipping is reasonable and I haven't got a complaint about them so far with my orders (and I get international shipping, which is always a bitch).

Again, welcome! :)