In this Discussion

CHICAGO 4/23 *DOUBLE DOOR*

Comments

• did you see on Double Door's site that it's their anniversary or something? I think 15 year? Or 20? I can't recall... but yeah... that night. I wonder what will be special about the evening : )
  • well clearly the show will be special because i will be in attendance... tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (sureeyesawake @ Mar 18 2009, 08:14 PM)
    Just looking at the rest of the Double Door calendar, I can personally vouch for the utter delightfulness of The Seedy Seeds, who are playing there on Saturday, May 2. You should go! Mike Ingram is in The Seedy Seeds, and he's also our sound guy at Fountain Square. He's at SXSW in Austin right now with fellow Seed Margaret and drummer Brian Penick. They're a Cincinnati band who decided to play only instruments they had never played before. They got good fast. They play endearing little songs on accordion, banjo, kazoos, and regular guitars, to a percussion backing track played through an iPod. http://www.myspace.com/theseedyseeds

I concur, 100%. The Seeds are A-MAY-ZING. Everyone should see them at least seven times. No less.
  • only 14 more days!!!
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Apr 9 2009, 06:32 PM)
    only 14 more days!!!

Fo' Sho'!!!
  • I've got a couple of things I want to post about, but I really need to go to sleep early so I'm not late for jury duty again, so I'm just posting this for now because I wanted to give you guys a heads-up.

http://blogs.chicagoreader.com/crickets/20...nordwinds-head/
  • hey there...

i'm checking out what i can from this end, but the band's website and the club's have different dates for this show....even that blog on the last message shows the 23rd as show date, but this one and the myspace says the 22nd.....which is what the gal on that message was trying to tell ya...especially to those travelling in for the show.

i just wanted to give out another heads up and check your ticket ....when i find out something concrete i'll let you kids know...

jackeroooooooooni
  • QUOTE (jackie j @ Apr 13 2009, 12:10 AM)
    hey there...

i'm checking out what i can from this end, but the band's website and the club's have different dates for this show....even that blog on the last message shows the 23rd as show date, but this one and the myspace says the 22nd.....which is what the gal on that message was trying to tell ya...especially to those travelling in for the show.

I would go with what's posted on the venue's website, because they're the ones who actually have to pay attention to who's playing when at their place. Also, while OK Go's 'space says the 22nd, the website says the 23rd. As do several articles. So I'd go with that date.

Edit: Or, ya' know, call the venue to be sure.
  • Tickets say the 23rd.
  • Chicago is getting ready to welcome their boys home, it seems! biggrin.gif

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainmen...0,5177573.story
  • Great article. Which is surprising as it's coming from the Trib.

New moves? Interesting.
  • awwwwwwww, I JUST realized this show is exactly one year from my first OK Go show sad.gif sad.gif I really wish I could go
  • I am trying to finagle myself into going, but that also involves talking with my students, boss, boss' boss, etc. etc. etc. I continue to be on the no-show list, but I *am* trying. After listening to OK Go this morning while on the way to work, I must admit my want to see them is turning into a *need.*
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Apr 18 2009, 08:15 AM)
    I am trying to finagle myself into going, but that also involves talking with my students, boss, boss' boss, etc. etc. etc. I continue to be on the no-show list, but I *am* trying. After listening to OK Go this morning while on the way to work, I must admit my want to see them is turning into a *need.*

Well, if you do find that you *can* make it, I have an extra ticket.
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Apr 18 2009, 08:06 AM)
    Well, if you do find that you *can* make it, I have an extra ticket.

.......I'm emailing my super sweet, loving, kind, generous, wonderful boss now.
  • and i have a big hug waiting for you, too tdog smile.gif
  • There will be a recap, soon, promise. For now, set list.

Shooting the Moon
    Get Over It
    A Million Ways (ELECTRIC!!!!)
    White Knuckles (Fuckin' A on this song)
    I Want U So Bad (O to the M to the G on Damian)
    OLISQ
    BFK
    Don't Ask Me
    HIGA

{WTD bells}
    {Last Leaf Acoustic}

Disaster
    TTSP - This Too Shall Pass
    DWYW

Skyscrapers
    Good Idea
    Invincible (Best song to end with as it's my fave)
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Apr 24 2009, 05:36 PM)
    I Want U So Bad (O to the M to the G on Damian)

I TOLD YOU SO.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Apr 24 2009, 11:24 PM)
    I TOLD YOU SO.

Yes. You were so correct about this. Seriously, I was standing there, mouth hanging open, totally not believing I was seeing and hearing what I was seeing and hearing.

That really should be illegal. Really.

And aross on background vocals. Blew my mind.
  • UHHH when did we designate this "Katy banter"...?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm8b3QCFZFw