edited November -1 in OK Go
Tim tweeted this.

The Bell House
Brooklyn, NY
September 14, 2009 at 9:30pm

Order tix.

Oddly, it's on a Monday.

Comments

• QUOTE (beckysioux @ Aug 25 2009, 03:48 PM)
    Oddly, it's on a Monday.

They're going to be in town for the VMAs the day before. I'm kind of losing my shit. I get one last OK Go show with Katy before she leaves!!!!!!!
  • oh em gee.

Too bad it's like, in Gowanus / Park Slope, not Williamsburg, 'cause that's more annoying to get to. OH WELL.
  • It's also a 16 & over show.
  • ehh. 16 & over? Oh well at least it's not all ages like the last one I went to. MAN I felt O-L-D there (because I really am, but it's not a fun feeling to have at a show!)

• QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Aug 25 2009, 03:38 PM)
    oh em gee.

Too bad it's like, in Gowanus / Park Slope, not Williamsburg, 'cause that's more annoying to get to. OH WELL.

Is the Gowanus still a radioactive sludge pit? lol...
  • QUOTE (bullshituous @ Aug 27 2009, 06:40 AM)
    ehh. 16 & over? Oh well at least it's not all ages like the last one I went to. MAN I felt O-L-D there (because I really am, but it's not a fun feeling to have at a show!)

The thing is, it's at 9:30 on a Monday night so 16+ or not there aren't gonna be a lot of kids there. At least that's what I'm hoping. (No offense kids on the boards. You know that I love the kids on the boards - you're a different breed. I'm talking about those kids without the sense and maturity to be on these here boards.)
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Aug 27 2009, 08:16 AM)
    The thing is, it's at 9:30 on a Monday night so 16+ or not there aren't gonna be a lot of kids there. At least that's what I'm hoping. (No offense kids on the boards. You know that I love the kids on the boards - you're a different breed. I'm talking about those kids without the sense and maturity to be on these here boards.)

Yeah, well, it's also a Monday night in New York, land of "I Did That When I Was Seventeen," so. I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of teens there, either.
  • Some pics over HERE to tide us over for now.
  • Hey guys!

Wow what an AMAZING night Katy and I had. Of course the setlist was pretty much exactly the same as it was in March (just leave out What To Do on Bells and it's the same show), but we still loved hearing the 7 songs off the Blue album (that's my lazy way of referring to it). I know it hasn't been a huge hit with boardies at large, but I maintain that "This Too Shall Pass" is completely epic, and now that they've added the singalong section in the middle it's even better. (Becky, I checked, and it is in the video from Monolith, thanks WeirdWolf 76) We saw pretty much the entire NYC contingent of Team OK Go (Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Milosh, Travis, Eytan, and Joe Willie, to name a couple), as well as Ross and Joe of Tally Hall.

What Damian Said (Katy, please feel free to chime in if I've forgotten anything funny):
    re: VMAs - We were nominated in kind of a strange category - "Videos we should've nominated the first time". We didn't win, but if they keep having this category we'll get it eventually. I mean, The Beastie Boys can't win it again, right?
    re: songs from the new album appearing in movies/tv shows - Our label is doing a very good job. That song we just played (I Want U So Bad) is going to be on 90210 tomorrow night (it was tonight, about 11 minutes in), and then that song we opened with (Shooting the Moon)? Twilight, Motherfuckers! We saw a cut of the film. There's a new hot guy in this one. He's not as hot as the other guy, but he doesn't put his shirt on for the entire movie. Of course Tim loved that.
    re: not being his usual-asshole-self - I'm not the asshole you know and love tonight, and that's because last night I discovered a bar that had Happy Hour from Midnight to 4am.

Also two exciting tidbits that didn't come with hilarious commentary - they are making a video for "White Knuckles" right now and the Blue album comes out January 12.

As for personal experiences, I'll just throw you a few highlights. When I approached Damian post-show, he gave me the BIGGEST HUG EVER and complimented my shoes. Tim also gave me a big hug. I asked him if he'd gotten to meet anyone from The Hills on the VMA Red Carpet, and he said "Lo interviewed us!" He seemed pretty excited about that, and I was crazy happy for him. (Katy leaned over and said "You totally asked the right person the right question.") It is also worth noting that Tim made the current pre-show mix. I wrote down the order of the songs (because this is a freaking good mix) for you all.
    Michael & The Slipper Tree - The Equals
    Sound and Vision - David Bowie
    The Choice is Yours - Black Sheep (OMG I'M BACK IN MIDDLE SCHOOL)
    When You Were Mine - Prince
    Tenderness - General Public
    Here Come the Girls - Ernie K. Doe
    Glad Girls - Guided By Voices
    Just A Friend - Biz Markee
    Finally, I managed to refrain from ranking on Andy about the fact that his Red Sox are currently 6.5 games behind my Yanks. That was harder than you'd expect.

I'll get some photos posted soon, I'm just in the middle of clearing some space on my hard drive for the new photo files. Katy got way better shots than I did anyway. All in all, a fantastic night and a great way to send off my partner-in-crime. wub.gif sad.gif
  • Psh, I didn't hear any Biz Markee at the Double Door show. That makes me sad.

No WTD on bells? Wonder if they're scrapping it.

Hmmm, video for "White Knuckles"... Think there will be any Prince-y stuffs in it?
  • I'm pretty sure that the mix went on for extra time because they were running late. Be happy that you heard no Biz Markee, because that means you had less waiting time before seeing the boys! (Silver Lining to your Biz-less Cloud)

I'm pretty sure it was a logistics choice. Those bells are timely and probably expensive to transport for one-off shows. Once they're doing a tour again (which I have reason to believe will be relatively soon), the bells will come back, I think.

And actually, I don't think the White Knuckles vid will be Prince-y. I just can't see the guys wanting to be bash-you-over-the-head literal.

ETA: I just noticed that I used "I'm Pretty Sure" to start both my sentences. An Asshole is Me.
  • Thanks for posting this.

I especially liked the detailed talky report.

Keep it up!
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Sep 15 2009, 11:53 PM)
    and that's because last night I discovered a bar that had Happy Hour from Midnight to 4am.

I feel this is the appropriate time to have a happy hour.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Sep 17 2009, 02:09 AM)
    I feel this is the appropriate time to have a happy hour.

Well, yeah. Of course.

Found this blog this morning. These shots must be from that tall guy in front of us, Katy.

http://www.bumpershine.com/2009/09/18/ok-g...t-and-pics.html

The rest are here. 95% of them are Damian being stupidly gorgeous.
  • beckysioux said:

It's also a 16 & over show.

Is that common, or are most of their shows open, age-wise?
  • Chips said:

beckysioux said:

It's also a 16 & over show.

Is that common, or are most of their shows open, age-wise?

Wow.  Ancient thread full of happy memories.  And now to answer your question.

Honestly the OK Go age limit thing depends on the venue where they are playing more than anything else.  If the venue wants to deal with an all-ages show and the responsibilities that come along with it, then the guys are happy to play all-ages.  I think a lot of their fanbase is younger, anyway. 
  • Okay.  I asked because I'm 14 and I reeeeeaaaaaalllllyyyyyy want to see them in concert.