In this Discussion

What's up?

edited November -1 in General Discussion
Hey everyone, what's up? My name is Mitchell and I'm new here. I'm from Vancouver, where are you guys from?

Comments

• Hi Mitchell! I'm also a newbie and after a month of lurking the boards it's about time for me to say "Hello" too. I'm totally out of my comfort zone posting (I guess you can call me shy) but everyone here seems pretty awesome and I can't wait to get to know you all better!
    BTW, I'm way down here in South Florida... anyone else??
  • YAY!!! Welcome! Newbies that are actually newbies and not spammers! That *is* good news.

I'm Rachel, I live in Delaware, and I have seen OK Go a gazillion times. Jump in, we're a friendly bunch!
  • NEWBEEZ

yay hope you have fun heree <3
  • Hello, and welcome!
  • Thanks for the welcome!
    Ummmm... and I see what you mean about the spammers.
  • cleary mitchell was a fake person... but i'll leave this thread here since you're real snack cakes, and welcome to the board!..
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Jan 22 2010, 06:55 AM)
    cleary mitchell was a fake person... but i'll leave this thread here since you're real snack cakes, and welcome to the board!..

love your pic, snack cakes! tongue.gif welcome aboard. Where are you from?
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Jan 22 2010, 10:37 PM)
    love your pic, snack cakes! tongue.gif welcome aboard. Where are you from?

Thanks! I'm in South Florida but I'll be moving Oct/Nov. this year. I don't know where yet(!) but just about anywhere is better than here! Any ideas? So far we're considering Chicago, Virginia, or North Carolina... I'd love to have an actual change of seasons!
  • QUOTE (snack_cakes @ Jan 23 2010, 09:30 PM)
    Thanks! I'm in South Florida but I'll be moving Oct/Nov. this year. I don't know where yet(!) but just about anywhere is better than here! Any ideas? So far we're considering Chicago, Virginia, or North Carolina... I'd love to have an actual change of seasons!

Haha, I was going to suggest Arizona, but then you said you'd want a change of seasons. My best friend is from Virigina and loved it there. I hear North Carolina is nice too. Chicago is awesome but you'd have to get used to the terrible winters. There are a few boardies here from the midwest that could describe it better. I've only been to the Chicago area once myself. It was great, the people were lovely, but it was very very cold weatherwise.
  • QUOTE (snack_cakes @ Jan 24 2010, 05:30 AM)

You should look into Kentucky. The landscapes very greatly throughout the state (mountains, farmland, wetlands, small towns, cities) and we certainly do have seasons. We complain about our highways but really we are spoiled. Travel within and through the state and is quite easy. This site has some beautiful pictures. http://www.kyfarmsforsale.com/PictureGalle...ureGallery.html
    We have Mammoth Cave (the largest cave in the world) and Cumberland Falls (one of only two places in the world where you can see a moonbow). I could go on and on but I will stop.
  • Tempe, I would certainly love a little less humidity and Arizona looks incredibly scenic in photos. I hadn't even considered it before now. We love Chicago and have a lot of family somewhat nearby but the biggest downside (besides a harsh winter) is that housing is so expensive. Sunnyside, those photos of Kentucky are amazing! I actually lived in Evansville, IN for 18 months so I'm a little familiar with KY. I always thought it was so green. And we went to Mammoth Cave a couple years ago; very interesting. Do you recommend a particular city or town? I really appreciate the suggestions, please keep them coming!
  • My heart belongs to Bowling Green.
  • Oooh, you're in West Palm? My oldest friend lives in Wellington. I love that area.

If you want suggestions on where to live, I'm very partial to living in Delaware. I know, right? But hear me out. VERY low cost of living for the Northeast, 4 seasons, and close to all the places you'd rather be. I'm smack between Philly and Baltimore (1hr each), 90 minutes from Atlantic City, and two hours from NYC, DC, Rehoboth Beach/Ocean City (for beaches), and the Poconos (for skiing). This also means that I end up able to go to a lot of concerts because they're all in relatively close driving distance.

• Rachel, that's so funny about Wellington! That's where I do most of my shopping. Nice area.
    You're a great salesman... Delaware sounds very promising! I really like the idea of the central location. I'm already doing some research. Thanks!
  • I think if I ever get a chance I'm moving to Delaware!
  • LOL, well, I have been complimented on my ability to sell ice to Eskimos, so...

Delaware can be a little ridiculous sometimes, I'm not going to pretend that it isn't. But I think the good outweighs the bad. We will probably move when we have school aged children though. The public schools are somewhat iffy (from what I keep hearing), and I'd want to be closer to my parents in Baltimore anyway.

• After checking a little online, housing does seem fairly reasonable in Wilmington! I don't know anything about Delaware though. How exactly is it ridiculous?? I'm not worried about the schools because I homeschool my son (yes, I'm nuts wacko.gif).
  • QUOTE (snack_cakes @ Jan 26 2010, 08:13 PM)
    After checking a little online, housing does seem fairly reasonable in Wilmington! I don't know anything about Delaware though. How exactly is it ridiculous?? I'm not worried about the schools because I homeschool my son (yes, I'm nuts wacko.gif).

Uhhh, i'll PM you.
  • Hello everybody...

I am Helena and a newbie. After years of pondering I found myself finally to join the cool kids club! So here is a Quick hello... And BTW i am from Denmark. And.. Uhm i think That is it for now.. Going to learn how this works.. Tooling around abit. so Hello everybody..

And goodnight. (Its night here )
  • i love denmark!