In this Discussion

Dr Who - photos, news, videos...

So I've noticed a fair few fellow followers of Dr Who but no thread about the show here...what's up with that?

Haha anyway

This can be a place where outbursts of Dr Who excited-ness can go.

News, photos, videos and any other form of media and fun can also live here too :D

I'll start it off with a good ol' photo of David Tennant

and a photo of the new doctor: Matt Smith...in drag?!

Comments

• Ok, don't be a-scaring me on the day I see Matt Smith's first episode! Haha! I actually am seeing it tonight instead of watching it last Saturday, April 17 on BBC America because - well - I had my first OK Go concert to go to!

Of course there is OK Go/Doctor Who fan overlap, because, we are bright and intelligent boardies who appreciate excellent writing and performing (and perhaps also tall, really skinny, intelligent, snarky men with often messy dark hair... moving on...)

My laptop has quite a bit of fail going on, but I'll try to get some sort of something interesting stuff up at some point.

Anyone like Classic Who, too? I grew up with Tom Baker and Peter Davison on PBS. Yay, Channel 11 Chicago!

• violetchaos364 said:

Of course there is OK Go/Doctor Who fan overlap, because, we are bright and intelligent boardies who appreciate excellent writing and performing (and perhaps also tall, really skinny, intelligent, snarky men with often messy dark hair... moving on...)

Don't forget the nice bum...did I just say that? Oh yes...I did :)

Sorry about that picture though. I found it and it made me laugh so hard because I couldnt believe it was him for a few seconds. Ah good times

I'm in the UK so I've seen a few more episodes, just seen the weeping angels one and....well...basically you will love it

The oldest doctor I've seen was Peter Cushing in the movie Dr Who and the Daleks and in episodes is Eccleston

• You're in the UK and I'm up on you for Classic Doctors? Wow! I'm awesome! J/K! I haven't seen the Cushing movie, that would be some sort of mind trip for me.

Anyway, I bring a fun, fan made music tribute to Ten (includes all of Ten's tenure up to regeneration to Eleven)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....9rBsBNFBzs

BTW, I know nothing of this "bum" of which you speak. Nope. Uh uh. Especially bums that amazingly exist on skinny white boys - like my tall, skinny, intelligent, snarky husband with often messy dark hair.

• I'm going to have to avoid this thread because we don't watch when the episodes air, we wait and buy the DVDs. I have seen William Hartnell, Tom Baker, Paul McGann, Christopher Eccleston, David Tennant, and Peter Cushing as The Doctor. I have loved them all. I fall in love with one and vow that I will not like the next one but I fall in love with that one too. Every time. They have chosen excellent actors to fill the role. So, at this point I dislike Matt Smith's Doctor but I know that will change.
  • Facebook User said:I'm going to have to avoid this thread because we don't watch when the episodes air, we wait and buy the DVDs. I have seen William Hartnell, Tom Baker, Paul McGann, Christopher Eccleston, David Tennant, and Peter Cushing as The Doctor. I have loved them all. I fall in love with one and vow that I will not like the next one but I fall in love with that one too. Every time. They have chosen excellent actors to fill the role. So, at this point I dislike Matt Smith's Doctor but I know that will change.

That was me. I posted this. Will I ever remember to log out of Facebook when I log on here?

• Well, I'm only in the midst of my teenage years so I've got a lot of catching up to do with the other doctors but I agree with samanferr about loving the previous doctor…knowing a new doctor's coming…being skeptical about him and stuff then when you watch the first episode or something and you fall for him.

They chose a great companion as well.

Absolutely and unequivocally brilliant.

• This thread is an excellent idea, although I need to caution us all re: spoilers.  The UK is getting new episodes 2 weeks before the US is.  The Brits got to see the Weeping Angels on Saturday and we won't until May 8, although we will get our episode without a Graham Norton cartoon, LOL!

My favorite line from "The Beast Below" (the episode that aired in the States this weekend) was hands down "I'm the Queen, Mate. Basically, I Rule."

I feel it pertinent to mention that my husband is leaving me for Amy Pond any day now.  He's got a thing for cute redheads much like I have a thing for (how did you put it, Amber?) tall, really skinny, intelligent, snarky men with often messy dark hair.

• DJRose said:

This thread is an excellent idea, although I need to caution us all re: spoilers.  The UK is getting new episodes 2 weeks before the US is.  The Brits got to see the Weeping Angels on Saturday and we won't until May 8, although we will get our episode without a Graham Norton cartoon, LOL!

My favorite line from "The Beast Below" (the episode that aired in the States this weekend) was hands down "I'm the Queen, Mate. Basically, I Rule."

I feel it pertinent to mention that my husband is leaving me for Amy Pond any day now.  He's got a thing for cute redheads much like I have a thing for (how did you put it, Amber?) tall, really skinny, intelligent, snarky men with often messy dark hair.

oh yes that line is great...and im just gunna have to hold back the knowledge that i have on the two episode that i have on you guys ;)

dare i say it again?....*giggles*...and those with nice bums

haha, cracks me up everytime i say that (no pun intended) jeez what is up with me today?

• Sunnyside said:
    I'm going to have to avoid this thread because we don't watch when the episodes air, we wait and buy the DVDs.

So sorry, Hannah! Tell ya what, if someone posts some choice pics/vids/links that don't spoil for Matt Smith, I'll get it to ya on Facebook, 'k? Are you up to End of Time 1 and 2? (Cross posting on FB, of course!)

I'm still a bit tentative about Mr. Smith, but I think he and Moffat have been hitting all the right Doctor notes, so, AllonsY, er, Geronimo! (Oh, could we chance that catch word?) (HA, unintentional yet funny pun on TENative and uninTENtional.)

Tall, skinny, intelligent, snarky men with often messy dark hair for the WIN!

Becky's number is 23, yeah? Math Required Win, then!

• violetchaos364 said:

Becky's number is 23, yeah? Math Required Win, then!

Actually, it's all of ours.  23 is a Secret Dakota Ring song off the first CD, "Do Not Leave Baggage All The Way" (which you can find on iTunes, but the physical copies are sold out).  In case you also didn't know, Secret Dakota Ring is Andy Ross' side project.  We can fill you in some more about that if you need.

• thanks to the board i wouldn't have heard about Secret Dakota Ring...or any other things about OK Go :)

anyways heres a little skit david tennant and catherine tate did for comic relief in 2007 that relates to Dr Who:

• Oh I love that bit, freaking hysterical! By any other name...

AH, the origin of 23! Cool. Somewhere I found a link to YouTube with the Fade to Black video - how adorable! And someone as a gif from that on their sig line - I'm so glad I saw the video because I couldn't decide if that was Aross or not!

I bring a cute and funny alternate "Blink" conversation, by a YouTuber I started following after seeing this.

• Knock knock

Who's there?

Doctor

Doctor who?

Yes!

• Tempe Arizona said:

Knock knock

Who's there?

Doctor

Doctor who?

Yes!

That was my favourite joke for years. Embarassed

• I was just looking at my" Doctor Who Funnies" playlist on my YouTube channel to get a choice clip to post here. I had not looked carefully at this particular list for a while, I just add stuff as I go along. WELL, looks like OK Go was in my life before I knew it, because I found THIS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....3C-_4HdRo8

Here it goes again, here it goes, here it goes again – seriously, there's an outrageous amount of running.

And I just found yet another way to lose a few hours on the 'Tube – keywords Doctor, Who, Ok, Go.

In other news: "It's spectaculous. It's gonna be, like, rudonkykong…"

is a Damian quote, yeah? Word play is teh sex, I'm telling ya. =D

• violetchaos364 said:

"It's spectaculous. It's gonna be, like, rudonkykong…"

is a Damian quote, yeah? Word play is teh sex, I'm telling ya. =D

Why yes, it is. Word play sure is teh sex! :D

And I love your sig! Such wonderful words. Who wouldn't like a signature from Doctor Who? ;)

• For those in the UK:
  • Check this out: 'DeviantART artist pu-sama made this delightful picture of all the iterations of the good Doctor.'
  • Thanks, Jade! This thread totally needed a bump!

Gosh I love that illustration, it's SO adorable! Such great caricatures!

Hey, BBC America just showed "Cold Blood", next week is the one with Vincent Van Gogh, just to let you know where the US is at in the scheme of things. I hear the finale has already been broadcast in the UK?

Doctor Who (Ten) - Caramelldansen misheard lyrics: (Spoilers for all of Ten's series)

• Ah, here's the infamous thread…

I just watched Cold Blood a second time ( in the US & I don't have cable. that's as far as iTunes has gotten this season). I had to make sure that the blubbery emotional outburst I had while initially viewing it, at 2 a.m. on Monday morning after editing for 12 hours straight, wasn't just a product of severe sleep deprivation.

Final analysis: Damn fine writing! And (Dare I? Oh, go on, then…) Matt Smith may actually rival DT in the preternatural ability to convey aeons of soulfulness and sorrow in a two-second glance.