In this Discussion

USBs

2»

Comments

• Lol, guyss, I meant the House of Blues mentioned on the Spring USB.. it says they have the House of Blues in Boston show.  xD

And I'd feel bad if I downloaded a showI could buy.. >>

• Lol this thread kind of reminds me of the quote war we had earlier...

• autumnraina said:

Damian offered to let the audience request a song, but after "Hello My Treacherous Friends," "Shooting the Moon," and "WTF?" were all vetoed, they played "Debaser."

Why did they veto "Hello, My Treacherous Friends?"

Edit: I have a question about the concert USBs: Are the songs divided into seperate tracks, or is the concert just one long track?

• I'm thinking they vetoed that song because they haven't played it in forever. If you do get the Spring Tour USB, you'll find out what happens when they don't play a song for a while and are out of practice with it.

The tracks are all separate and are labeled. Though you might get the shortened version of the song title instead of the full one. Kinda like "WTD" instead of "What To Do" or "Good Idea" instead of "A Good Idea At The Time".

I really think you should get the Spring 2010 Tour USB as you're getting two shows instead of one.
    Allergic to whole wheat.
  • That's what I was thinking.  Also, has aross ever played that song?  That might be a reason, just guessing.
  • I personally love the spring tour USB.  I have yet to be lucky enough to attend a live show, but listening to not just the music but the banter the of the band (mostly Damian, but sometimes Tim chimes in) has been very enjoyable.  I agree that the Here It Goes Again acoustic performance is a must hear.
  • BeckiWitte said:

I personally love the spring tour USB.  I have yet to be lucky enough to attend a live show, but listening to not just the music but the banter the of the band (mostly Damian, but sometimes Tim chimes in) has been very enjoyable.  I agree that the Here It Goes Again acoustic performance is a must hear.

Yes, the HIGA acoustic performance is my favorite version of HIGA.  I can't think about Beyonce's baby without thinking about Grace Jones now...
  • I can't hear her name without thinking of P'ounce.
  • Does anyone know what songs are on the 11/3/10 Charleston USB?  I heard that Return's on it, and I'd like to figure out which was a better setlist, NYC or Charleston.

Edit: Are the videos just on the Spring tour one, or on all of them?
  • DJRose said:

Or I could help. ;-)

Setlist for 10/29:

DWYW

Don't Ask

White Knuckles

Needing/Getting

Back from Kathmandu

Invincible

Return

Last Leaf

HIGA

IWYSBICB

Skyscrapers

AMW

GOI

WTF?

In the Glass

TTSP

The show was a lot of fun.  Not much for banter.  Several technical difficulties.  There are better USBs to buy.  I concur with everyone else on the Spring Tour USB.  It has the most content, and Damian losing his shit during HIGA is enough to make the purchase worth it.

What sort of "technical difficulties?"  Was it just something like an amp or a pickup not working, or was it something more serious?

Also, sorry for double posting.  I'm not real good with message board posting yet and I don't know how to add a quote to a post I've already made.

Edit: I also agree about the Spring Tour USB.  In addition to the previously mentioned highlights of the acoustic set such as "the monkeys are back," P'ounce, and Shooting the Moon, the Boston show had Damian talking about the USBs and saying that they didn't actually have CDs out yet, just digital stuff.

There was some great banter about Boston being their home town in a way, and his comment about being from every city in the world is funny.  It also has his "if you are lazy as f***..." rant, and talk about the Pixies being a Boston band or not.  That was also Eileen's (I think that's how you spell her name) birthday.  
  • I love the Spring Tour USB.  Two great shows for music and for banter.  Damian also appears to have invented a new word during the AMW track from the Boston show;"Butcept," as in "butcept it's way better than that!!!"
  • That is my favorite too.  I love it when Damian makes new words.